Nationwide, Monday night 1900

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nationwide, Monday night 1900

30 minutes of the Air corps(The navy managed to squeeze in 90 minutes, air corps just manage 30)
    Mary takes a go in the Pilatus similator,Maritime Patrol aircraft, interviews with the token Female.

May be worth watching, but It'll be online after if you miss it.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

'seen it , it was not quite rubbish.
    Put it this way , it was up[down] to rte's usual left wing, gender confused, bloody awful standard.
    And they seemed more intrested in chitty jet...............
    "We will hold out until our last bullet is spent. Could do with some whiskey"
    Radio transmission, siege of Jadotville DR Congo. September 1961.
    Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

The AC is training Mexican pilots on the PC-9.

Comment

Really? Cool.
        Meh.

Comment

Cue cliché slowmo pilots walking to aircraft with top gun type music.

Comment

Originally posted by DeV View Post
            The AC is training Mexican pilots on the PC-9.
            Supposedly in return for smoke pods from Pilatus.
            "The dolphins were monkeys that didn't like the land, walked back to the water, went back from the sand."

Comment

Originally posted by Goldie fish View Post
              Cue cliché slowmo pilots walking to aircraft with top gun type music.
              Either that or the Bonanza theme tune!
              Meh.

Comment

I have to say I cringed through much of that. For the most part it was about the CEO of Cityjet. Then I had a good laugh during the "bleedin' deadly" tour of the air corps museum. then top it all off with the Mexican pilots.

"Si............Plane............Fly"

But at least we're seeing more shows about the Military on TV.

EDIT: The above should not be taken as an insult to the featured Mexican pilots, I'm sure they are competent members of their respective defence force. The above was mearly a modification of a South Park joke and was intended as a cheap laugh.
                Last edited by Bam Bam; 19 September 2006, 00:02.
                It is only by contemplation of the incompetent that we can appreciate the difficulties and accomplishments of the competent.

Comment

And all on a monday night...

Comment

Hi there
                    It was a promo piece for CityJet and the deification of Geoffrey O'Beirne-Whyte (who useta be plain ol Jeff Whyte in the Don) and not a mention of Pat Byrne, the original founder of Cityjet anywhere.Very Stalinist policy of airbrushing out an individual....had to laugh when I heard that the Donners are training Mexicans!? Christ, they must be really stuck! So, the pilots of one corrupt banana republic are training another...well, I suppose, given that the DF trained some of Kenneth Kaunda's finest, I shouldn't be surprised...someone please tell RTE that there are many more women flying in Irish aviation than just a token few in the Air Corps.I get so fed up with RTE's permanent expression of surprise that women can fly at all.Still, at least Ann Brogan is given a break from being shoved in front of a microphone these days...Dead on, Goldie. The slowmo walk out to the tune of Top Gun is very old hat these days.....Whoever makes programmes about the DF should take a leaf out of the book of those who made the Junior Doctors documentary on RTE. Now that is real fly-on-the-wall stuff, with no blushes spared.
                    regards
                    GttC

Comment

Originally posted by GoneToTheCanner View Post
                      It was a promo piece for CityJet and the defication of Geoffrey O'Beirne-Whyte (who useta be plain ol Jeff Whyte in the Don)
                      I assume you mean defection, I don't recall them discussing his bowel movements

In fairness to Nationwide, they seem to be amongst the few people in RTE willing to give the DF good publicity. They've done a few pieces on the DF down through the years.
                      Last edited by FMolloy; 19 September 2006, 14:30.
                      "The dolphins were monkeys that didn't like the land, walked back to the water, went back from the sand."

Comment

Hi there
                        Deification=elevation to God-like status.Cityjet is known as the "Brown boot" airline...I think the Navy documentary is slightly ahead on points, with ex-WO Martin and the chippy CPO keeping it real.
                        Where's Andy when you need some abuse of Hispanic races? Maybe Hedgehog could arrange a delivery of Dutch wings to the Mexican pilots..."we don't need no steenking badges!"
                        I'm sure the Donners are topping up the banks of Mexican jokes over the period of their visit.
                        regards
                        GttC

Comment

Apologies, I thought you'd had a key-stroke & misspelt defection.

Comment

Ah leeev dem alone seegnyor, They is just playin' (I forget where I heard that,anyways, Is anyone willing to start a pools as to when "Speedy Gonzales" gets a mention?)

EAPPA EAPPA ANDALEZ ANDALEZ!

I'd, also, like to say fair dues tothe Mexicans, all the above is in jest
                            as is this:

NACHOOOoooo................

(I'm finished, it's out of my system. Honest.)
                            If you have to do it, you always have to do it right. Either it makes a difference, or it’s good practice so that when it does make a difference, it gets done right.

-Me.

Comment

Well, I'm (finally) after viewing the reports online.

Can't say it came off bad. The 9 minute report on Citjet's bigwig was a bit long, but it's definitely good to see the green Spit footage. Interest for budding MOL's out there.

Although I thought I was watching a Bosco re-run when Mary took the stick in the simulator....

"Wheeeeeee"

If you have to do it, you always have to do it right. Either it makes a difference, or it’s good practice so that when it does make a difference, it gets done right.

-Me.

Comment

Working...
                              X