Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mutter nutter View Post
    BTW, can I ask why the pilot is armed?
    It's a pretty expensive piece of government property.

Comment

• Originally posted by Barry View Post
      It's a pretty expensive piece of government property.
      I don't know too many teenage joyriders who have pilots licences
      Dr. Venture: Why is it every time I need to get somewhere, we get waylaid by jackassery?

Dr. Venture: Dean, you smell like a whore

Comment

• Thats a nic pic of the GPMG mount, thought it would have been handier to arm the pilot with a sidearm....then again maybe that man isn't a pilot but another gunner/loadie?
        Last edited by tonyrdf; 25 November 2006, 17:15.
        Im Ron Burgendy??

Comment

• edited
          Dr. Venture: Why is it every time I need to get somewhere, we get waylaid by jackassery?

Comment

• Looks like they've done a full job on them in the Curragh. If you look at the photos from Marseille you can see airline type seats in the back, but on the photos above they've installed crash resistant troop seats. These are not going to be toys, army co-op starts as soon as they land in Ireland - this could be a really good sign for the future.

Question, the object on top of the cockpit section - is that a wire cutter?

I wonder if they've retrofitted some kevlar, or other protection from small arms fire.

Comment

• Originally posted by pym View Post
              Looks like they've done a full job on them in the Curragh. If you look at the photos from Marseille you can see airline type seats in the back, but on the photos above they've installed crash resistant troop seats. These are not going to be toys, army co-op starts as soon as they land in Ireland - this could be a really good sign for the future.

Question, the object on top of the cockpit section - is that a wire cutter?

I wonder if they've retrofitted some kevlar, or other protection from small arms fire.
              your right they did install CR seats

yep they thing on top, blade shaped, is a wire cutter

Comment

• I hope the CR seats are left in 24/7, it might stop ministers wasting the few resources the DF actually have.

From the bit I've read on the 139's, they've an abundance of power - and in an emergency are able to cope with having an engine out. They really are a massive leap in performance from the Dauphins.

Comment

• here's one i prepared earlier

you can be sure the seats will be in and out like nobodies business
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by spike; 25 November 2006, 19:04.
                  It's not having what you want, it's wanting what you have.

Comment

• these are some of the ones our own "Eddie Dillion" sent me, I'll pop them up

more later, icluding 2 short videos if I an get them to work

Comment

• I asume you mean Huey Hog......
                      Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

• Thanks again to Armed boarder for the photos.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

• MAG mount should be Mini mount but apart from that they are excellent helis.

Comment

• Looking at the last 2 pics in the above post:

Was one delivered with troop seats and one with more comfortable passenger seats? I presume seating is removable / interchangable.

I know the door in the last pic is fully open, but from this angle the cabin of the one with passenger type seating looks bigger. Is it just me?

Comment

• Originally posted by hptmurphy View Post
                              I asume you mean Huey Hog......
                              Apologies, had Pig on the brain. Pork chops for dinner
                              "The Question is not: how far you will take this? The Question is do you possess the constitution to go as far as is needed?"

Comment

• Goldie ,was there meant to be more photos from armedboarder?The only one thats came up for me is the one of the door gunner.:confused:
                                "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

Working...
                                X