Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PTE bog
    replied
    Building stuff and blowing it up? Thats what I was born to do. Do they cover any other disciplines of engineering?

Leave a comment:

• Bosco
    replied
    Same as regulars do.
    Bridging, heavy demo etc

Leave a comment:

• PTE bog
    replied
    Originally posted by Bosco View Post
    From my experience theres good and bad the Engineer unit I'm parading with at the mo are very good and very active.
    Ive done a lot of stuff that I never even heard of in infy, and yes they did say transfer over and we will make you and officer.
    What does the reserve engineer corps do?

Leave a comment:

• hptmurphy
    replied
    lol we are capable of multi tasking but this was not appreaciated at the time.We had so much to offer but the command level never saw beyond basics

Leave a comment:

• Goldie fish
    replied
    Cav were involved in the past in PSO exercises. However the Infantry in charge did not know what to do with them.

Leave a comment:

• DeV
    replied
    It don't see the point in corps units cross-training with infantry units at the minute - more infantry units can't organise platoon tactics (correctly) at the minute.

IMO - If XX Res Inf Bn are running a tactical exercise for 2 stars for example they should ask the corps units do they have any 2 stars who needed to complete a tactical exercise to get upgraded (just as an infantry man).

As the years go by and with PDF/RDF PSO exercises - why not deploy RDF corps elements - eg a MP detachment doing route marking, a Cav troop doing long range recce, etc

Leave a comment:

• Bosco
    replied
    From my experience theres good and bad the Engineer unit I'm parading with at the mo are very good and very active.
    Ive done a lot of stuff that I never even heard of in infy, and yes they did say transfer over and we will make you and officer.

Leave a comment:

• techie
    replied
    nice one guys,glad i got a debate started ,so the feeling i am getting is that the infantry lads would like to see a lot more cross training(some would say contamination) of different corps and units which i would say is fair enough,i would add though that most csc units are filled with troops that have come from front line units and that a fair proportion of them are looking to (how can i put it )retire and that the others which have been trained solely to be technicians since they joined up would be reluctant( to say the least) to do stuff which that does not entail them doing as the see as their main job for the army. i ll leave this with you though as nearly all technicians who have been trained will testify as been told on many occasions while in training "soldier first ,tradesman second"

Leave a comment:

• ZULU
    replied
    LOL.Got a Pm of Backsturd and he reminded me of when on the imagineering course, we were shown how to tie a "Cock Knot", ehhhemm, I mean Clove Hitch!

Leave a comment:

• Steamy Window
    replied
    Originally posted by hotdawg View Post
    ah is this craic still goin on? it was a recruitment video lads, get over it. If we believed everything we saw in recruitment ads, we're all invading boats and finding bags of salt hidden by johnny foreigner, and then retiring back to barracks to walk in slow motion throwing volleyballs casually over our shoulders while smiling and laughing.
    You mean you guys don't?

Leave a comment:

• hotdawg
    replied
    Originally posted by HavocIRL View Post
    Don't forget the elite of the reserve, the Air Defence
    ah is this craic still goin on? it was a recruitment video lads, get over it. If we believed everything we saw in recruitment ads, we're all invading boats and finding bags of salt hidden by johnny foreigner, and then retiring back to barracks to walk in slow motion throwing volleyballs casually over our shoulders while smiling and laughing.

Recruitment videos use exciting buzz words and visualisations to attract attention, its just basic advertising.

Leave a comment:

• ZULU
    replied
    Originally posted by happenin View Post
    God bless the support units. They're there to support us and they do a good job of it too. I only wish there could be more inter unit training such as medics coming to the infantry for tactical training and infantry lads going to the likes of transport for driving courses. It should not only be on the ground that they support us but in barracks as well.
    There is inter unit training. I've been on a Imagineering Familiarisation Course, A driving course with transport. Singar course with Sigs. The Trouble is a lot of people with these units don't want to come train in the muck with us.

Leave a comment:

• happenin
    replied
    God bless the support units. They're there to support us and they do a good job of it too. I only wish there could be more inter unit training such as medics coming to the infantry for tactical training and infantry lads going to the likes of transport for driving courses. It should not only be on the ground that they support us but in barracks as well.

Leave a comment:

• Poiuyt
    replied
    Originally posted by DeV View Post
    Is it not the CS's job to evacuate personnel from the CCP to CAP?
    It is his responsibility, but not his job.

Leave a comment:

• DeV
    replied
    Originally posted by Poiuyt
    They had to deal with simulated casualties moving from front line to CCp to CAP and basically didn't understand where they came into the scheme of things within the Coy in advance.
    Is it not the CS's job to evacuate personnel from the CCP to CAP?

The same goes for S&T. A convoy would come under fire and the infantry would react. However the drivers would just wait in the truck.
    If I was the driver I'd be drying to drive out the kill zone.

It's like everything - if they don't get the chance to practice???
    Last edited by Docman; 1 November 2006, 17:51.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X