Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CBRN Equipment

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • CBRN Equipment

    Does anybody out there know what NBC/CRBN protection equipment is currently in service with the defence forces, such as protective suits, respirators, decontamination equipment etc.... have heard rumours of new respirators, have they come on stream yet ?

  • #2
    Originally posted by dangermouse View Post
    Does anybody out there know what NBC/CRBN protection equipment is currently in service with the defence forces, such as protective suits, respirators, decontamination equipment etc.... have heard rumours of new respirators, have they come on stream yet ?

    There are several different types. Usually when there is a panic, the DF go out and buy loads of stuff so that they can be seen to do stuff. In the cold light of day and experience, they then buy what should have been bought in the first place.

    The old Respirator is the Gs86 type, the same as that worn by the Isrealis. That is the one that has been around for years. There was another type back 20 years ago. Currently the DF are using the S12 respirator, the new style worn by the Brits. Suits are not in British service, so I'm not sure where they came from. The new respirators have been around for a year or 2 already. Very similiar to the old S10

    Comment


    • #3
      The new respirator is the avon fm 12(not the s10).
      Our cbrn suits are made by Karcher in germany.

      p.s the brits are about to change their respirator in 2007,so the s10 isnt new,it is in fact around quite some time.
      "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

      Comment


      • #4
        It's CBRN

        If people are trying to be professional, at least get the abbreviation correct, it's CBRN. Might be sounding a bit pedantic, but get the basics correct!

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by apod View Post
          The new respirator is the avon fm 12(not the s10).
          Our cbrn suits are made by Karcher in germany.

          p.s the brits are about to change their respirator in 2007,so the s10 isnt new,it is in fact around quite some time.
          Yes, that is what I said..... S12 (or fm12). The S10 looks similiar but has been replaced (Or will be) by the S12. The S10 has been around since 1985.... I think. Before that was the S8 in the British Army.

          Comment


          • #6
            Before that was the S8 in the British Army.
            If pedantry is to rule this thread, it was the S6.
            .
            .
            .
            With 50,000 men getting killed a week, who's going to miss a pigeon?

            Guns don't kill people, bullets kill people.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by yellowjacket View Post
              If pedantry is to rule this thread, it was the S6.

              S6 is the correct answer.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Docman View Post
                Yes, that is what I said..... S12 (or fm12). The S10 looks similiar but has been replaced (Or will be) by the S12. The S10 has been around since 1985.... I think. Before that was the S8 in the British Army.
                Sorry to be pedantic but no you didnt.There is no such respirator as the s12.The new british army respirator is known as the GSR(general service respirator).

                Yes,the df got a HUGE wake up call post 9/11 with all the anthrax scares.They have since gone on a massive re-equipment program where cbrn equipment is concerned.We now have the Ims 2000 cam(chemical agent monitors),the Karcher decontamination units,new ipe and the for the first time colpro tents.Also the field hospital has a cbrn filter system built in.The new mowags (04 up)have a cbrn sysem also.My point is yes our stuff was crap,but now it aint.
                "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

                Comment

                Working...
                X