re-enlistment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• re-enlistment

Right so i have been searching and aearching for a while and cannot dig up anything,

I was discharged last April due to a paper **** up on behalf of a number of people, I was a 3* Gunner when i was discharged, if i was to re-enlist would i have to go through the whole recruit process again?

or would i just do a medical, audiogram and recruit camp and get my 3 stars back?

also is there any recourse for what happened to me or have i left it too late?
    The trick to pet names is a combination of affectionate nouns. Honeybun. Sugarpie. Kittentits.

I'd assume that if you went back to your old unit, some strings could be pulled.
    What are you cackling at, fatty? Too much pie, that's your problem.

Comment

well ya see, i'm the other side of the country to my old unit now.....
      The trick to pet names is a combination of affectionate nouns. Honeybun. Sugarpie. Kittentits.

Comment

There was a cull back around the time of the reorg day last year. anyone who had not been seen frequently prior to this date were removed from the books, unless someone was available to give a valid reason for their non attendance.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Letters were sent out to people in order to determine their intentions of staying or leaving. Following these returns and phone calls to no returns, the people were either wrote off or kept on.

I know peole with years of service in the reserve, who were discharged, enlisted in professional military service, came back afterward and still had to go back through the system again. Sucks but its the way it goes.
          "The Question is not: how far you will take this? The Question is do you possess the constitution to go as far as is needed?"

Comment

yeah you see i followed procedure as i was out due to injury at this point, and was still discharged....

Comment

Sounds like a case of Accidental discharge

Seriously, if you signed off on the letter sent out that you intended to stay on and were still dicharged, get onto your NCO / Officer so. Sounds like some paper work mistake
              "The Question is not: how far you will take this? The Question is do you possess the constitution to go as far as is needed?"

Comment

'Letters were sent out to people in order to determine their intentions of staying or leaving. Following these returns and phone calls to no returns, the people were either wrote off or kept on."

Bollocks..there was no effort made...people were written off as non effectve in order to stream line units and make positions available..the whole phone calls thing etc was proven to be illegal and never went ahead....the discahrging of people under existing legislation was highly suspect.

Units tried to be come proffessional but hwen they attempted to move into the real world they encountered a mysriad of laws which they never knew existed prior..so the attempt to upgarde was a farce and even still units can't operate on a semi proffessional basis because they have never learned how.

Barrack room lawyer perhaps..but I never really wanted to have to defend a not so leagal order in acourt of law. Check out employment law...and what is required before putting your arse in a sling.
                Last edited by hptmurphy; 12 November 2006, 01:26.
                Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

point made

Comment

HI Gasplug.
                    I was in the same boat as yourself except I was cut in the cull of 2000. I was at that stage living in another county. When I joined up again with a different unit no effort was made to get my old records unfortunatly I had to re-do recruit camp and 3* training.

That being said, after 18 months or so I was made acting CPL and was placed on the next available POTS cse.
                    Sigs - No amps, no volts = no interest

Comment

Originally posted by hptmurphy View Post
                      Bollocks..there was no effort made...people were written off as non effectve in order to stream line units and make positions available..the whole phone calls thing etc was proven to be illegal and never went ahead....the discahrging of people under existing legislation was highly suspect.
                      There was an effort made. Perhaps not across the board, but there was. I got a letter, so did everyone else in my unit. We were asked if we were staying on actively or wanted to be discharged. Those who had not fulfiled there contract time were called and asked whether they were going to parade actively or not.

Comment

It depends on the unit offically you should have to complete all training again.

You haven't stated it you were a regular parader and how long you were out for.

I'd go up to the CS and Coy Commander and demand to know why you were discharged. I'd then go to the unit adjutant and CO and do the same. Its okay to go around the chain of command as you are a civilian.

Comment

i would raise hell only i am the far side of the country!

I was active enough, more active then some ****ers i see now still in, but due to two injuries in close succession i was out for a lenghty period, but i was also on attachment and the unit i was with, never sent any info to my unit about me parading!
                          Last edited by Gasplug; 12 November 2006, 19:59.

Comment

Maybe its just the north here but christ i havn't seen some people in years (literally) and then they turn up for one parade and no questions are asked...

Although at the same time i met an old corporal (from before my time), he was away working in Australia for years, came back and had to re-enlist and is now a recruit. Though im told he's gonna be fast tracked to three star after the next camp, and possibly will get his stripes back.

Comment

I remember once a Cpl showed up for the Christmas Dinner; it was the first time he'd paraded in years: he was duly informed he was non-effective (after we'd all sat down to the bunfight), and the punchline is: HE GOT BILLED FOR THE DINNER. We didn't piss ourselves laughing at him, or anything.

Comment

Working...
                              X