Anyone have pictures 62 FAR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone have pictures 62 FAR

hi,does anyone have any pics of the 62 FAR medal parade yesterday??

Bored out of my tree yesterday, came across this Bebo page and remembered this thread ...

Stylish online invitation maker! Choose digital invites, customize with photos or videos, text or email to guests, & track RSVPs.

Mostly pics of the 2 stars passing out - not much on the medal parade end of it - but hope it helps.
    "The artillery was my strongest tool. Often it was my only reserve .... I repeatedly said it was more a matter of the infantry supporting the artillery than the artillery supporting the infantry.... I wish I knew the countless times that positions were taken or held due solely to TOT's ...."

Major General R. 0. Barton

Comment

the lads with the unti standards/ flags, sorry not sure what they are called, were having problems with the step there weren't they. can remenber almost getting lumped with one of those for my two star passing out and was mighty glad I didnt have to carry the thing on a battalion march by, would take a bit of getting used to.
      courage, endurance, mateship and sacrifice

Comment

It's a nice touch carrying the pennants differently. A bit of individuality is just what the df needs...

Comment

As i remember it the lads given the flags/pennants were never shown how to carry them and were just given them because they were the only ones in SD No1's
          wouldnt blame them,...

Comment

oh and thanks for the pics

Comment

Originally posted by Gunner62 View Post
              wouldnt blame them,...
              No either would I, sure it'll be alright.

Comment

Speaking of photos, and things Arty, can anyone spot the two obvious
                faults in the picture below:

From the RDFRA website.

To my mind, it's a slap in the face to a member who has given such long
                service to the organisation
                "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

Yes. Haven't seen that before.

Comment

Apart from a lack of the most beloved and venerated Sam Browne Belts, the Major wearing boots, the parade being taken right to left with a very small entourage the incorrect issue of bellies and the ones in brown shoes being out of step (which inself is not abnormal), no.

Please enlighten me.

DISCLAIMER:
                    These are observations and of course are not meant to demean the parade in any way. Sure it was fine....

Comment

Originally posted by Joshua View Post
                      Apart from a lack of the most beloved and venerated Sam Browne Belts, the Major wearing boots, the parade being taken right to left with a very small entourage the incorrect issue of bellies and the ones in brown shoes being out of step (which in itself is not abnormal), no.

Please enlighten me.

DISCLAIMER:
                      These are observations and of course are not meant to demean the parade in any way. Sure it was fine....
                      I was thinking something along those lines too..

Comment

if it's recent why's the BS wearing an 8FAR flash?
                        "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

The Major hasnt got his gloves on and the CS doesnt need his gloves on..

DISCLAIMER:

Comment

Originally posted by trellheim View Post
                            if it's recent why's the BS wearing an 8FAR flash?
                            That's one.

The other is the fact that the RSM has not been issued with the Superfine uniform
                            to which he was entitled, hence the wearing of the enlisted ranks pattern uniform
                            and the black boots which go with it.
                            "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

Originally posted by Joshua View Post
                              .... the parade being taken right to left......
                              Oh, well spotted. Hadn't copped that one....

Comment

Working...
                              X