Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steyrs and rifle grenades...

Hi all
    can a Steyr fire a rifle grenade off it's barrel or can it only use an underslung launcher? Does anyone have any gen about the old Energa on the FN?
    regards
    GttC

The Steyr can fire the Mecar Rifle grenade. I'm not sure who uses them, but I have seen photos of it being used.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

PDF for Mecar M200 HE-DP
      Attached Files

Comment

Rifle grenades, if they were ever in service were replaced by the M203.
        Everyone who's ever loved you was wrong.

Comment

i.ve seen pics of aussie sas with steyr with rifle grenades, but as already posted they probably use underslung 203 types, as you dont need to change gas use special ammo etc,
          though the french use them a bit i dont know why maybe you cant put launcher on FAMAS but i can only speculate.
          But there's no danger
          It's a professional career
          Though it could be arranged
          With just a word in Mr. Churchill's ear
          If you're out of luck you're out of work
          We could send you to johannesburg.

(Elvis Costello, Olivers Army)

Comment

My french is a bit rusty but how do you say on the contrary?
            Attached Files
            "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

Originally posted by apod View Post
              That would be "Au contraire"

But is that issue webbing the guy with the FAMAS is wearing?

Looks sort of like the MARPAT (?) camo the US Marine uniforms are
              using....
              "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

Those guys are 2rep Gcp commandoes of the FFl.They have pretty much carte blanche to wear what they want.As is the norm for most special forces
                "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

Ah yes, but do they have dutch paras wings though????

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

No,but if they did..............................

Comment

Originally posted by Truck Driver View Post
                      That would be "Au contraire"

But is that issue webbing the guy with the FAMAS is wearing?

Looks sort of like the MARPAT (?) camo the US Marine uniforms are
                      using....
                      Actually it looks more like olive green webbing with sand coloured paint smeared on it.... similiar to what many brits do.

Comment

Originally posted by apod View Post
                        i stand corrected
                        But there's no danger
                        It's a professional career
                        Though it could be arranged
                        With just a word in Mr. Churchill's ear
                        If you're out of luck you're out of work
                        We could send you to johannesburg.

(Elvis Costello, Olivers Army)

Comment

Hi all
                          Is it true that the rounds for the underslung grenade launcher are not compatible with the vehicle-mounted belt-fed launcher?
                          regards
                          GttC

Comment

Originally posted by GoneToTheCanner View Post
                            Hi all
                            Is it true that the rounds for the underslung grenade launcher are not compatible with the vehicle-mounted belt-fed launcher?
                            regards
                            GttC
                            Yup.
                            "The dolphins were monkeys that didn't like the land, walked back to the water, went back from the sand."

Comment

Working...
                            X