question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• question.

hi . just wondering if any of you might be able to help me with this question. if i leave the army to try something new abroad and it didnt work out,and i would know by a few weeks if it is going to work out or not. can i rejoin the army as a private again or will i have to go through recruit training again,
    thank you

yes
    Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
    Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
    The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere***
    The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
    The best lack all conviction, while the worst
    Are full of passionate intensity.

Comment

yes as in i would have to go through recruit training or yes i could rejoin straight as a private

Comment

you can re apply to join as a recruit
        Anyone need a spleen ?

Comment

Do they still have pre discharge leave?

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Not if you joined post 93. Your only other option is to use up your annual leave while you try to figure out if it's going to "work out" or not, then return to Ireland near the end of your leave and put in for your ticket/prepare to rejoin your unit. Otherwise, you could try for a year's leave of absence, best of luck with that one; failing that, you'll have to get out, with your only way back in being having to come back to recruit training, week 1, day 1.
            And that would be, as they say round my way, mucho unlucky.

Comment

Sorry I meant to eloberate

If you apply for your discharge and you have annual leave left

then your discharge doesnt kick in untill your leave runs out

if you applied today and had 28 days annual only then your discharge would be for a period around the end of a 28 day period

if you go over that 28 days and havent as such returned to your unit and APPLIED

to cancell your application for discharge, then you join the ranks of smelly civy

seeking to rejoin is impossible

because at this stage you seek to join as if you had never been in, in the first place

you start exactly at day one

I said applied earlier because if you apply for your discharge and the CO recomends it

and you subsequently seek to cancel that application, a CO has the discretion

whether or not to allow you cancell your initial application.

I take it you have no PDL

best of luck

Comment

actually have about 46 days leave, never used any last year, so ill just them up and see how it goes. thanks for your answers

Comment

Originally posted by peader111 View Post
                  actually have about 46 days leave, never used any last year, so ill just them up and see how it goes. thanks for your answers
                  thought there was a limit to how many days you could carry over ?
                  Anyone need a spleen ?

Comment

you can only carry over 19 days leave ( I think)

so combine that with your annual leave

unless your talking about PDL

Comment

Originally posted by hedgehog View Post
                      you can only carry over 19 days leave ( I think)

so combine that with your annual leave

unless your talking about PDL
                      Bloody well for some....
                      "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

Not sure if this is relevant or has already been said but:

Increase in Annual Leave
                        --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posted on Dec 19, 2006

The increases in annual leave will be implemented as follows.
                        The increases will form part of the annual leave entitlements for the leave year commencing on the 1st January 2007.

Personnel with over five years service will receive twenty nine days annual leave for 2007 with an additional 2 days leave to take into account the additional day for 2005 and 2006 this will give personnel a total of 31 days for 2007.
                        Personnel with over twelve years service will receive thirty days annual leave for 2007 with an additional 4 days leave to take into account the additional days for 2005 and 2006 this will give these personnel a total of 34 days for 2007.
                        ERROR 4.0.4Something  Went Wrong The page you are looking for was moved, removed, renamed or might never existed. Please Click on Home below to return to the main menu. HOME

Comment

Working...
                        X