HSE contracting Army Medics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HSE contracting Army Medics?

Ok, firstly, I spotted this on another website, so no biting if it is completely unfounded.

Someone heard that while some HSE EMTs are on Advanced Paramedic training, the HSE are taking on army staff to fill in the empty vacancies. Anyone heard anything?

Nope, I have heard nothing yet.
    If your not in bed by 4 o' clock it's time to go home!

Comment

A link to the website would be nice?
      I went into an Italian restaurant and ordered dessert and they gave me tiramisu and a blindfolded horse and I said No, I said mask a pony (mascarpone)

Comment

Sorry, it was another message board.

Comment

Sorry, it was another message board.
          You have another board

after all that this board has done for you

how could you
          Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
          Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
          The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere***
          The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
          The best lack all conviction, while the worst
          Are full of passionate intensity.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by hedgehog View Post
              You have another board

how could you
              Hear, hear. You two-timing bitch. Is it us? We can change. Does she give you something we don't? Go on, then. Just go. No, don't say anything. I don't want you to see me crying.... (degenerates into pathetic bitchy sobs).

I'd find it hard to believe that the Health Service trusts us to provide medics, when they won't accept our hospitals.
              Last edited by Guest; 4 January 2007, 20:02. Reason: Stop blubbering woman, and get on with it.

Comment

the ironic thing is that army medics are higher trained than their civvy counterparts when you take into account the procedures they can carry out overseas and courses such as battlefield medic, etc.
                An army is power. Its entire purpose is to coerce others. This power can not be used carelessly or recklessly. This power can do great harm. We have seen more suffering than any man should ever see, and if there is going to be an end to it, it must be an end that justifies the cost. Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain

Comment

You have another board

how could you
                  Hear, hear. You two-timing bitch. Is it us? We can change. Does she give you something we don't? Go on, then. Just go. No, don't say anything. I don't want you to see me crying.... (degenerates into pathetic bitchy sobs).
                  Its not you (all), its me. I'm not ready to commit to one board........ And you (all) have big thighs.

Comment

Private health and ambulance companies are touting ALL persons, military or not while they are at college. But as it happens two servicemen who were suitably qualified have left the D.F. medical corps. Money is the lure but they have told me that theres just too many shifts at the moment and the taxman bites hard.
                    As always, too many christians and never enough lions.

Comment

Doesn't seem to be any substance in the rumour, but the HSE being who they are you never know. If DF medics think there's money in the private Ambulance services, you'd wanna see what we earn in the NATIONAL Ambulance Service :wink: Outta curiosity, is there a shortage of DF medics volunteering for UN service and what are the chances of RDF personnel with civilian paramedic qualifications filling the void, if one exists.

By the way !

The HSE will be recruiting 350 trainee paramedics during the year 2007 for those of you in the PDF thinking of a career change

Comment

Originally posted by sunnyjim View Post
                        Ok, firstly, I spotted this on another website, so no biting if it is completely unfounded.

Someone heard that while some HSE EMTs are on Advanced Paramedic training, the HSE are taking on army staff to fill in the empty vacancies. Anyone heard anything?

That was common practice within the RAMC/ AMS for years.They sent their CMTs out to civvy and military hospitals to get clinical experience.

A lot of medical/ nursing students do part of their training in civvy hospitals both in Britain and abroad. They do a lot of trauma medicine in the US.
                        Last edited by rod and serpent; 5 January 2007, 00:07.

Comment

Originally posted by X-RayOne View Post
                          the ironic thing is that army medics are higher trained than their civvy counterparts when you take into account the procedures they can carry out overseas and courses such as battlefield medic, etc.
                          I wouldn't say their higher trained as they have to do the same Paramedic course as the rest of us, a course set out by the Pre Hospital Emergency Care Council and the National Ambulance Training school. I acknowledge they do get additional training in battlefield medic and their clinical practice guidlines would differ in a hostile enviroment, but with the introduction of advanced paramedics into this country their skill level wouldn't differ all that much irrespective of the enviroment under which they operate. Plus Ambulance paramedics deal with traumatic injuries and medical emergencies on a daily basis as opposed to scenarios and the odd UN tour that DF medics would engage in. Aswell as the basic Paramedic course that civvy medics do. The following courses are also avilable to HSE paramedics

Advanced paramedic
                          Pre Hospital trauma life support
                          12 lead ECG
                          Neo natal resuscitation
                          Paediatric emergencies for pre hospital providers
                          Major incident medical management system
                          Non violent crisis intervention
                          Advanced driver training
                          Geriatric emergency medical services
                          Motorcycle response unit
                          Incident response training
                          Decontamination training

I'm not knocking DF medics by the way, I've worked alongside the crews from the Curragh on numerous occassions when they've backed up the HSE ambulance service. I'd have no problem employing any of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Able Bodied View Post
                            The HSE will be recruiting 350 trainee paramedics during the year 2007 for those of you in the PDF thinking of a career change
                            Any idea when this will be advertised?
                            If your not in bed by 4 o' clock it's time to go home!

Comment

The first 150 was due before Christmas but developments in the Dublin area meant postponing temporarily. The first intake is due to be advertised in the next number of weeks, just keep an eye on the National papers. I'll post the link advertising the positions when it surfaces.

Comment

Working...
                              X