• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Three Soldiers Face Discipline...a Question

From the News forum...

Brodcast on Today FM:

3 soilders face disciplinary proceedings
    (Monday) 29/1/2007

The Defence Forces have confirmed that three soldiers face disciplinary proceedings on sex-linked charges in Donegal.

The investigation is being conducted by the military police on foot of allegations by two young women part time cadets.

The cadets made a complaint against a a non-commissioned officer during a training week at Finner Camp near Bundoran last September.

He now faces charges of sexual harassment while two other soldiers are accused of withholding information during the inquiry.

The investigation was completed shortly before Christmas. The charges have not yet been formally preferred.

The accused soldiers could face a court-martial. If found guilty they face being reduced in rank and a possible period in detention.

OK...can anybody tell me about the "PART TIME CADETS?"

Scouting type org run along military lines with PDF instructors? Perhaps FCA Officers in training? Or is there a whole other commissioning scheme I've never heard of?

Any takers?
    No-one, I think, is in my tree...

the media F'd up. Was the same in the sunday paper I read. The girls, from my understanding were reserves, but the headline mentioned "Cadets" and sexual assault in the same sentance. Typical media, they don't know their arse from their elbow when it comes to the DF, in most cases I mean.
    What are you cackling at, fatty? Too much pie, that's your problem.

Comment

So:
      Two candidates on either the Prelim Pot Off or Pot Off course made a complaint under A7 which was upheld and charges are pending against an instructor(s). Do I have it right?
      No Beast so fell that knows no pity,
      No Beast am I, For I know no pity...

Comment

It's all the one course now.

The current Year 1 is being run by the BTC E, the year 2 is being run by the RDFTA, neither class is likely to be in Finner.

Comment

The word cadets was probly used to make the headline more attractive, as it would be related to the cadet school
          What are you cackling at, fatty? Too much pie, that's your problem.

Comment

maybe they are confusing a Potential Officer Cse RDF with Cadets

Papers and mistakes go hand in hand

just ask that GAA Player that had a picture of his little lad picture in a culchie Paper

and the paper has the cheek to say it comes under freedom of expression
            Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
            Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
            The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere***
            The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
            The best lack all conviction, while the worst
            Are full of passionate intensity.

Comment

Maybe a camp was on there at the time, media beefed it up etc etc. I'm sure some of us have all seen the lads in a barracks tripping over themselves when a bunch of rdf land in with a large bunch of the female type amongst them.

Comment

Originally posted by hedgehog View Post
                maybe they are confusing a Potential Officer Cse RDF with Cadets
                See my last post.

Comment

RDF recruits course sounds more plausible, together with journalist not knowing the difference between recruits and cadets.

Comment

All this speculation! Does anyone actually know what allegedly happened?
                    Would have to agree with YJ, but wouldn't Spetember be a bit late for a recruit camp?
                    "Gentlemen, you can’t fight in here...this is the War Room!"

Comment

See my last post
                      thats a statement that Goldie and the lads are dying tohear from you

I'm sure some of us have all seen the lads in a barracks tripping over themselves when a bunch of rdf land in with a large bunch of the female type amongst them.
                      Surely that is one of the only perks of the job

spoils of war etc
                      Last edited by hedgehog; 31 January 2007, 12:14.
                      Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
                      Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
                      The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere***
                      The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
                      The best lack all conviction, while the worst
                      Are full of passionate intensity.

Comment

lol

Comment

Originally posted by hedgehog View Post
                          thats a statement that Goldie and the lads are dying tohear from you
                          Don't I know it...

Comment

Originally posted by Steamy Window View Post
                            All this speculation! Does anyone actually know what allegedly happened?
                            I don't think it would be wise to relate stuff that hasn't already appeared in the public domain.
                            "The dolphins were monkeys that didn't like the land, walked back to the water, went back from the sand."

Comment

" actually know what allegedly happened" I love it!

Comment

Working...
                              X