What does SD stand for?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What does SD stand for?

Ive seen a few pictures with female pdf personnel wearing a different head dress than a beret. After looking it up on military.ie it says it for "female SD". Can anyone shed some light as to what SD stands for and is there a name on that particular head gear?
    These engines are the fastest in any tanks in the European Theater of Operations, forwards or backwards. You see, man, we like to feel we can get out of trouble, quicker than we got into it.

Service Dress. ie best uniform.

Comment

that makes sense altight! cheers
      These engines are the fastest in any tanks in the European Theater of Operations, forwards or backwards. You see, man, we like to feel we can get out of trouble, quicker than we got into it.

Comment

Sd . . .

As the previous poster stated, service dress- number 1 uniform, Ours is actually okay, look at this, Service Dress for females, modern North Korean style, reminds me of the first SD for FCA female personnel in the early 90s . . . .
        Attached Files

Comment

A9 outlines in great detail what SD1-4 for all ranks are [ and when to wear the shako ]
          "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

Originally posted by trellheim View Post
            A9 outlines in great detail what SD1-4 for all ranks are [ and when to wear the shako ]
            Actually there has been an amendment to A9.... or is it AI Part 9

There is now only SD 1 thru 3

Comment

Are those korean women wearing wellies or is it just my imagination?
              Trouble, Trouble, I tried to chase trouble but its chasing me.
              Trouble, trouble, trouble with a capitol T
              do do do do do do do da do do do. etc etc......

Comment

Could be

Looks like polished wellies all right, maybe they dont have much left over from their Military budget after they buy all their Officers Medals and decorations, take a look at this picture . . . :confused:
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Panzer Joe View Post
                  As the previous poster stated, service dress- number 1 uniform, Ours is actually okay, look at this, Service Dress for females, modern North Korean style, reminds me of the first SD for FCA female personnel in the early 90s . . . .
                  Are they trying to turn their uniforms into armour??
                  Everyone who's ever loved you was wrong.

Comment

I want to know what side they wear their Dutch wings on? lol

Yeah i went there!!!!
                    Blog

WHAT FLIES DIES

Comment

Brilliant picture!

Comment

I had a count . . . .

I had a quick count of the docorations worn by the guy nearest the camera, I counted 37 items on his chest and everywhere else, and theres me with my measley single FCA service medal for nearly 20 years service, some guys have all the luck . . . . .:redface:

Comment

I had a quick count of the docorations worn by the guy nearest the camera, I counted 37 items on his chest and everywhere else, and theres me with my measley single FCA service medal for nearly 20 years service, some guys have all the luck

they mean fcku al though

He evidently has never served overseas or in any significant campaign

( to young for Korean War etc)

I would imagine they are for clean and tidy room and using the least amount of tiolet

paper

to acheive an incredibly clean arse after a guinnes and curry dunp,

there is nothing to stop anyone wearing all these medals on there civvies or there French

Foreign Legion Uniform and swan around Cornellscourt

but they mean nothing unless you earned them

take heart- measley as it MAY seem- the FCA/RDF service medal is a return for a commitment

you made the state
                          Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
                          Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
                          The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere***
                          The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
                          The best lack all conviction, while the worst
                          Are full of passionate intensity.

Comment

They don't even get sam brownes.

Comment

SD = Sicherheitsdienst. In August 1931 the German Nazi Party decided to have its own intelligence and security body, the SD was created for the purpose by Heinrich Himmler therefore created the SD. On the outbreak of the Second World War the SD and the Gestapo became part of the Reich Security Administration (RSHA). The were the tool of action in the "night of the long knives on the 30/6/1934.

Comment

Working...
                              X