Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
    The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere***
    The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
    The best lack all conviction, while the worst
    Are full of passionate intensity.

Comment

Originally posted by hedgehog View Post
      so in effect its NOT a private purchase

it DOES come out of the public purse thats the same PUBLIC PURSE that is there to but proper kit for the troops
      What other expenses would you have
      I know PDF Offficers call the yearly allowance the car insurance fund
      I don't know what PDF officers get but the RDF allowance is about €200 a year. The initial allowance is (was) €600. The initial uniform costs about €700. Yearly expenses are dry cleaning, polishing, etc. which I would be surprised if it was more than €20. The Mess Dress Uniform costs about €900 in full (Most RDF officers don't get a Mess uniform as it is not usually worn - however some units wear it regularly and it is almost necessary to get it).

So some officers have a number of expenses in the first year or 2 which takes a number of years for the allowances to cover (Add the SB Belt and you wipe out another years allowance - Belt = €190). Yes, after a few years the allowance does become more than is needed, but not initially.

As I said, I have no idea what PDF officers get.

I'm not whining, I'm just laying out the facts so you can make your own decision on whether it is excessive or not.

Comment

I dont think so
        They get the same allowance whether they buy a Sam Browne or not... What dont you get?
        Sex - Breakfast of Champions!

Comment

yes but the initial statement that the purchase of the SB's was a private purchase

and was not out of the public purse was a wrong and factually incorrect statement

the public purse does now in fact purchase them.

this isnt a go at you wither DOc as you and trellie are some of the few Officers

either PDF or RDF to actually have the cajonies to debate this in the open
          Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
          Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
          The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere***
          The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
          The best lack all conviction, while the worst
          Are full of passionate intensity.

Comment

Originally posted by Itchy View Post
            They get the same allowance whether they buy a Sam Browne or not...
            Yeah,

The allowance before last May (Introduction of SD Belt into RDF) is basically the same as it is now (Increased for inflation)

Private Purchase is the term that is used by most officers. Maybe it is factually incorrect. I didn't make up the term.
            Last edited by Docman; 4 February 2007, 17:26.

Comment

yes but the initial statement that the purchase of the SB's was a private purchase

and was not out of the public purse was a wrong and factually incorrect statement
              Fair enough but the post I quoted, you commented on the fact that it has no effect on the DF budget, it dosent.

Personnally, I think this is a pointless, waste of time conversation. It has absolutly no effect on anything operational and is dosent matter if they have them or not, its just begrudgery(?)... and Big Al its all your fault .
              Last edited by Itchy; 4 February 2007, 17:37.
              Sex - Breakfast of Champions!

Comment

I dont know how you lads did it

but now there seems to be very very very littled difference between PDF and RDF Officers
                Intergration?

Comment

the public purse does now in fact purchase them.
                  No, the public purse reimburses the private purchase by means of an annual allowance. There is a difference; if you can't see that, then I'll expect you to hand in every penny of subsistence allowance you ever earned.

Comment

Originally posted by Parts View Post
                    No, the public purse reimburses the private purchase by means of an annual allowance. There is a difference; if you can't see that, then I'll expect you to hand in every penny of subsistence allowance you ever earned.
                    You could say the same about RDF gratuity - Many use it to cover expenses and others have no expenses to cover, but they get it anyway. What about PDF Cadre allowances..... now that is an allowance to could be got rid of.

Comment

interesting title, have the rdfra tossers struck again??
                      Last edited by Big Al; 5 February 2007, 10:53.
                      You're even dumber than I tell people

You might have been infected but you never were a bore

Comment

The original thread morphed into one on the SB belt steered by your good self.
                        Belt up is a play on words which can be taken as tighten your Sam Browne or whatever.

If you wish , the title can be changed to one of your choosing such as
                        "Have we been down this cul de sac before?"

Comment

Nothing to do with me Al, anyway. Don't like the taste of your own medicine though huh?

Comment

Don't look in my direction..... I merely said it was going off topic.

Comment

rdfra .........scale of issue........hear hear ,bravo rdfra , forgot one little thing........IN McKEE BKS YOU STILL CAN NOT GET ISSUED THE NEW SCALE !!!! so bravo again rdfra next time just tell the B.Q. in the bk stores that the scale has changed . i am a member of rdfra and have contacted them before christmas on the matter
                              :confused: ONCE YOU HAVE THEM BY THE BALLS , THEN YOU CAN WIN THEIR HEARTS AND MINDS ! :

Comment

Originally posted by Bravo20 View Post
                                Nothing to do with me Al, anyway. Don't like the taste of your own medicine though huh?
                                I dont mind at all, i merely asked a question.
                                You're even dumber than I tell people

You might have been infected but you never were a bore

Comment

Working...
                                X