No announcement yet.

Sam Browne & Big Al, Belt up.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Regarding Money : We get X euro every year for uniform upkeep.
    No extra money was given or asked for SB Belts.

Regarding cheap purchasing of same, Silverman's in UK have a website. [ This information of course may be useful to impending promotions to BQ and BSM ]
    "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

Originally posted by flash bang View Post
      rdfra .........scale of issue........hear hear ,bravo rdfra , forgot one little thing........IN McKEE BKS YOU STILL CAN NOT GET ISSUED THE NEW SCALE !!!! so bravo again rdfra next time just tell the B.Q. in the bk stores that the scale has changed . i am a member of rdfra and have contacted them before christmas on the matter
      So you can't get issued the correct issue and your solution is to blame RDFRA. RDFRA got it written down what you should get. It is a military instruction. Your Q not giving what you should have is your Qs fault and he should face charges except for one thing....the problem is army wide. Too little resources to go everywhere. Blame the Govt, and Wee Willie. There just isn't enough shirts in the army to give everyone their allotment because there isn't enough money to buy them.

But blame RDFRA if it makes you happier.

Comment

The officers of which units practically have to purchase the dress uniform? I'd be interested to know...
        "Gentlemen, you can’t fight in here...this is the War Room!"

Comment

look what i found!

http://cgi.ebay.ie/Irish-Army-Office...QQcmdZViewItem

Comment

beg to differ , it's not the CQ pdf or rdf its the stores . rdfra waved the big look what we have done for you now stick(ie the new scale) and nobody seems to be able to follow up on it . our Q went to the stores and was told NO simple as, and as a fully paid up member of rdfra i'm entitled to moan when my representation has not followed up on promises it has made to its members . so who does the buck stop with? am i supposed to go up to the minister or the chief of staff and ask whats the problem ?
            :confused: ONCE YOU HAVE THEM BY THE BALLS , THEN YOU CAN WIN THEIR HEARTS AND MINDS ! :

Comment

Someone ought to tell the owner of that Sam Browne that he has the belt upside down.....

Comment

Originally posted by Steamy Window View Post
                The officers of which units practically have to purchase the dress uniform? I'd be interested to know...
                Tends to be city units. 33Bn usually have a requirement for them (One of the old Bns did anyway 9th or 10th). Kilkenny, limerick. Cork never seemed to require them but things seem to be changing there also. Don't know outside S Bde.

Comment

34 Bn have lots of use for the dress uniform too, but many would say they create occasions to wear same, since they have them.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Well Flash Bang the stores are run by someone; that someone tends to be subordinate to the Barrack commander or GOC. These high and mighties have regular meetings with RDFRA - ask your rep what has been done in these areas.

Although with clothing stores my experience has been : if they don't like you you get nothing
                    if they like you , you get what they have AND CAN SPARE FOR A RESERVIST if there isn't a PDF recruit platoon or an O/seas Bn forming up.
                    "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

they must'nt like our recruit plt or our company .talked to the top man in rdfra and got no answers from him
                      :confused: ONCE YOU HAVE THEM BY THE BALLS , THEN YOU CAN WIN THEIR HEARTS AND MINDS ! :

Comment

Originally posted by trellheim View Post
                        Although with clothing stores my experience has been : if they don't like you you get nothing
                        if they like you , you get what they have AND CAN SPARE FOR A RESERVIST if there isn't a PDF recruit platoon or an O/seas Bn forming up.
                        That's our experience, too. If there's a rec pl or overseas formation to be dressed, you're warned not to go near the stores, on pain of being shouted at by the stores cpl. (A fate worse than death).

Comment

I fail to understand the need for an RDF Officer to have mess dress. How many times can it possibly be needed each year? Just like swords, Sam Brownes and peak caps, it strikes me that the least able of our people are making up for their inadequacies by dressing up.

Possibly not an unpopular view, as the Officers of a certain Unit in the West were refused permission to wear mess dress to the Barracks Christmas do, despite all officers who intended to attend possessed it and the PDF Officers would be wearing it.

Comment

Originally posted by SAM View Post
                            I fail to understand the need for an RDF Officer to have mess dress. How many times can it possibly be needed each year? Just like swords, Sam Brownes and peak caps, it strikes me that the least able of our people are making up for their inadequacies by dressing up.

Possibly not an unpopular view, as the Officers of a certain Unit in the West were refused permission to wear mess dress to the Barracks Christmas do, despite all officers who intended to attend possessed it and the PDF Officers would be wearing it.
                            The mess dress is paid for out of personal funds, so there is no extra cost. On a personal note, I have worn that uniform more often than the SD No1's (go figure). I have been invited to a number of military black tie events and if I did not have the Mess Dress I would have had to fork out €75 per event. Given the cost of the uniform, I have made my money back.

There is a dress code laid down and if the event requires you to wear that uniform then there is no reason why not. Being a reservist is not a valid excuse. As regards to the event you mention above, I am a bit amused. Firstly, why anyone thought they needed to seek permission, secondly, unless the order not wear it came from D Admin or D COS (SP) I would wonder at the validity of the order. I know that if it happened to me I would have worn it and enjoyed myself watching them try and find a way of charging me for complying with regulations.

Comment

Bravo, I don't know you or your competence so I won't comment on your reply. However, I understand that the Mess Dress costs roughly €1000, so you must get to attend a significent amount of military black tie events to make its purchase cost-effective.

On the second point, the Bn 2 i/c rang the RDF Officers involved and told them not to attend in Mess Dress.

Comment

The mess dress is paid for out of personal funds,
                                I thought we already established that Mess Dress is paid out of whats called a

Uniform allowance

the big mistake or perhaps think perk that PDF Officers and now RDF Officers Make

is actually think this is a personal funds

Given the cost of the uniform, I have made my money back.
                                Nice one, sure your nearly making a profit

Being a reservist is not a valid excuse.
                                110% Correct-

in this day and age there should be no difference
                                Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
                                Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
                                The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere***
                                The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
                                The best lack all conviction, while the worst
                                Are full of passionate intensity.

Comment

Working...
                                X