X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sam Browne & Big Al, Belt up.

[MOD: Thread Split]

Originally posted by Big Al View Post
    my god, why are those officers to the right of BQ nameless improperly dressed? Didnt they get the memo?
    Is the item in question on issue to officers?

Otherwise, why the hell should they pay for a non essential piece of kit
    "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Originally posted by Truck Driver View Post

If its now part of the dress instructions don't they now have to wear them, regardless of how they come by them?

after rdfra's tireless efforts to get them i'm disappointed with that picture
    You're even dumber than I tell people

You might have been infected but you never were a bore

Comment

If its now part of the dress instructions don't they now have to wear them, regardless of how they come by them?

That's my point. If it's in the dress instructions, then it should be an issuable
      item...
      "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

Lad's, the issue of Sam Browne's has been discussed to death.
        Your right lets move on to topics of greater importance

like Dutch Para WIngs

and what type sight is on the steyr
        Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
        Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
        The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere***
        The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
        The best lack all conviction, while the worst
        Are full of passionate intensity.

Comment

Officers pay for their dress uniform, it's not issued to them.

Comment

Originally posted by Parts View Post
            The uniform, yes.
            But what about the *ahem, cough, cough..... Sam Browne belt.......?

Comment

they get an allowance for that

But I thought the main justification for DF Officers getting Sam Brownes was that

they would buy it them selves and as such it wouldnt cost the public purse anything

Comment

The uniform, yes.
                But what about the *ahem, cough, cough..... Sam Browne belt.......?
                The belt is part of the uniform, thus:

Originally posted by hedgehog View Post
                they get an allowance for that

But I thought the main justification for DF Officers getting Sam Brownes was that

they would buy it them selves and as such it wouldnt cost the public purse anything

Comment

SB Belts are part of the Dress Instructions, however due to the slow supply of said belts, it merely states that those who have them can wear them. Over the next year or 2 it is expected all officers will get them and then will be expected to wear them.

Comment

I hate this... the SD thing being dragged back into the limelight. Just to Remind you, RDFRA got the scale of issue fixed for ALL ranks as well. Took months of negotiation and work but noone seems to care. Instead some people are hung up on the fact that RDFRA spent 5 mins submitting a request for SD belts to the MA. Prob wastn't even 1 min.

This is old news - harped on about by people who don't like RDFRA. It has nothing to do with SB belts - they are merely the excuse of the year.

But again people want to drag the topic completely off topic in order to satisfy their dislike of RDFRA. We heard you the first time.... GET OVER IT!

Comment

SB Belts are part of the Dress Instructions, however due to the slow supply of said belts, it merely states that those who have them can wear them. Over the next year or 2 it is expected all officers will get them and then will be expected to wear them.
                      I thought the whle thing about them was, that the lads were allowed wear them but they werent to be a drain on the public purse

therefore it didnt matter if they wore them it wouldnt impign on the budget for the likes of rain gear for the troops

Comment

I thought the whle thing about them was, that the lads were allowed wear them but they werent to be a drain on the public purse

therefore it didnt matter if they wore them it wouldnt impign on the budget for the likes of rain gear for the troops
                        Yes, as with officers uniforms, the SB belt are private purchase. Officers receive a initial uniform allowance (To cover the cost of the first SD uniform - comes in short but not by too much) and a yearly allowance to cover other expenses. The SB belt is to be bought out of this. There has been no real increase in allowance to cover it. However the SB Belt is now part of the uniform and must be bought (within the next year or so). The big problem is that the sole supplier of the belts has to cover both PDF and RDF and only does it part-time, hence a delay in the belts (The belts are individually tailored). Uniform instructions for officers merely lists all items that an officer is required to have. Where they get them is their problem. Some items are issued (Gloves, Glengarry, Shirt & Tie) but most are not. There is even a requirement for a Leather Holster with the SB Belt but most officers don't get this item.

They are not an issue item but are part of the uniform.

The yearly uniform allowance is generous and easily covers the few expenses of caring for the SD uniform. The Mess Dress uniform is a major expense but is covered by the uniform allowance over 4/5 years. There is no real excuse for not having a SB belt except for the supply problem.
                        Last edited by Docman; 4 February 2007, 16:57.

Comment

Originally posted by Poiuyt View Post
                          I hate this... the SD thing being dragged back into the limelight. Just to Remind you, RDFRA got the scale of issue fixed for ALL ranks as well. Took months of negotiation and work but noone seems to care. Instead some people are hung up on the fact that RDFRA spent 5 mins submitting a request for SD belts to the MA. Prob wastn't even 1 min.

!
                          No point negotiating a new scale of issue when we couldnt even get the old scale of issue....

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Docman meant a slow supply of belts to the suppliers who sell Sam Browne belts directly to officers. RDF officers wearing Sam Brownes has no effect on the DF budget

Comment

the SB belt are private purchase
                              Ok then its a private purchase - so therefore there is no deduction from the public purse

and the department is left with a few bob to buy rain gear and proper kit for the men

Officers receive a initial uniform allowance (To cover the cost of the first SD uniform - comes in short but not by too much) and a yearly allowance to cover other expenses. The SB belt is to be bought out of this.

so in effect its NOT a private purchase

it DOES come out of the public purse

thats the same PUBLIC PURSE that is there to but proper kit for the troops

and a yearly allowance to cover other expenses.
                              What other expenses would you have

I know PDF Offficers call the yearly allowance the car insurance fund

The yearly uniform allowance is generous and easily covers the few expenses of caring for the SD uniform.
                              I dont know how you lads did it

but now there seems to be very very very littled difference between PDF and RDF Officers

Comment

Working...
                              X