Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RDFRA in dispute with DoD

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Originally posted by hptmurphy
    Ever try to spend a wet and windy day on top of an AML in a ****ing poncho?

    I don't need it for its asthetic qualities....I think it looks shite...but it is waterproof..and it is what I am supposed to be wearing!!!!!
    And since you don't have it, next time it rains when you are on top your AML you have thevehicle stopped and request your officer to either give you and your crew the gear ao shelter until the weather improves.

    I can bet this will never happen
    Without supplies no army is brave.

    —Frederick the Great,

    Instructions to his Generals, 1747

    Comment


    • #47
      ever decreasing circles..why do I bother.....
      Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

      Comment


      • #48
        Originally posted by hptmurphy View Post
        ever decreasing circles..why do I bother.....
        Maybe because debate is good for democracy.
        But the DF is not,neverhas been and never will be a democratic organisation.

        So you want your rain gear when on your AML. What about the steel capped boots you are supposed to have when driving a TCV?

        Or the shoes you are supposed to have driving a saloon or mini-bus when in SD1?

        And it was decided years ago that the poncho although servisable was not sufficient when much superior equipment was available!

        Why is rain gear all thats on the agenda if you really believe you should be getting everything you are supposed to have?

        On the subject of purchasing kit. In your day job doyou purchase the supplied and equipment you need to do your employers work?
        Last edited by luchi; 13 June 2007, 14:59.
        Without supplies no army is brave.

        —Frederick the Great,

        Instructions to his Generals, 1747

        Comment


        • #49
          it depends on what job you are in doesn't it ?
          "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

          "No, they're trying to fly the tank"

          Comment


          • #50
            for ref this seems to be the current Income Tax Principal regulations

            http://www.irishstatutebook.ie/2001/en/si/0559.html


            here is the section on grat [whoops, here is the correct one ]

            http://193.178.1.79/1997/en/act/pub/...zza39y1997s204
            Last edited by trellheim; 13 June 2007, 15:27.
            "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

            "No, they're trying to fly the tank"

            Comment


            • #51
              Originally posted by trellheim View Post
              it depends on what job you are in doesn't it ?
              Does it?

              If you are required to wear a particular set of cloths, such as uniform or safey equipment, your employer supplies them or gives you expenses to buy them of you reclaim the cost from your income tax?

              If your job is in a factory your employer can not reasonably expect you to go out on a delivery truck and do the job unless you are supplied in the same manner with the necessary clothing.

              If your boss ask you to go out in the pissing rain to get him a breakfast roll what would you say?

              I am sure there are hundresd of examples in civvy street that people just would not do the job unless they were treated in the manner they thought was reasonable. Hptmurphy thinks it unreasonable to be on an AML on a cold wet and windy day without the latest gucci rain gear. So why do it then?

              Thanks for posting the tax legislation link I we meaning to look it up. Whats deferred pay though?
              Last edited by luchi; 13 June 2007, 16:19.
              Without supplies no army is brave.

              —Frederick the Great,

              Instructions to his Generals, 1747

              Comment


              • #52
                Originally posted by luchi View Post
                Does it?

                If you are required to wear a particular set of cloths, such as uniform or safey equipment, your employer supplies them or gives you expenses to buy them of you reclaim the cost from your income tax?

                If your job is in a factory your employer can not reasonably expect you to go out on a delivery truck and do the job unless you are supplied in the same manner with the necessary clothing.

                If your boss ask you to go out in the pissing rain to get him a breakfast roll what would you say?

                I am sure there are hundresd of examples in civvy street that people just would not do the job unless they were treated in the manner they thought was reasonable. Hptmurphy thinks it unreasonable to be on an AML on a cold wet and windy day without the latest gucci rain gear. So why do it then?

                Thanks for posting the tax legislation link I we meaning to look it up. Whats deferred pay though?
                At no point did any posters specify they wanted DPM "gucci" wetgear, the posters specified that they wanted wetgear. I commend you for writing a post with no references to transport.
                Everyone who's ever loved you was wrong.

                Comment


                • #53
                  To me, it appears the DF use the whole H&S idea as a shield or a sword to suit themselves.

                  If H&S means they can prevent you from doing something you always do, say for example you are a bus driver or gym instructor in civvy street, they will prevent you from carrying it into military life, and quote H&S.
                  However if H&S means you should be provided with protective clothing of some sort, then suddenly they find they are exempt from that duty of care.


                  Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    Originally posted by Bailer View Post
                    People are also not taking the "Gucci Factor" into account, a lot of People don't want rain gear because they get wet a lot, (In Fact I've seen people wear it on Sunny days PDF and RDF) they want it because its new and Shiny and not everybody has it. Simple FACT.
                    Originally Posted by hptmurphy
                    Ever try to spend a wet and windy day on top of an AML in a ****ing poncho?

                    I don't need it for its asthetic qualities....I think it looks shite...but it is waterproof..and it is what I am supposed to be wearing!!!!!
                    Originally posted by The real Jack View Post
                    At no point did any posters specify they wanted DPM "gucci" wetgear, the posters specified that they wanted wetgear.
                    Apologies I assumed reading these that people did want the gucci gear. I obviously miss read them!!

                    I commend you for writing a post with no references to transport.
                    That took a lot of self control but the facts are everyone looks for what they need and in my opinion should base their comments based on their own experience.

                    I am sure there are a few around here that claim to need kit only because they heard someone say they do!!!
                    Without supplies no army is brave.

                    —Frederick the Great,

                    Instructions to his Generals, 1747

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      Just after the "Reorg" we were told by our new PDF CO(a particularly useless fat Comdt who has just retired. He managed to cause enough trouble in the barracks to cause one of our PDF CQ's to have a nervous breakdown) that pooled clothes were a thing of the past due to H&S. Seeing is beleiving in this organisation and as usual nothing changed. Sometimes the H&S goes to ridiculous levels, in Fort davis a cadre NCO told us to put on doulble hearing protection!
                      Everyone who's ever loved you was wrong.

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        Originally posted by The real Jack View Post
                        ................ in Fort davis a cadre NCO told us to put on doulble hearing protection!
                        Were the seagulls too noisy?
                        Without supplies no army is brave.

                        —Frederick the Great,

                        Instructions to his Generals, 1747

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          Originally posted by The real Jack View Post
                          in Fort davis a cadre NCO told us to put on doulble hearing protection!
                          We were told the same thing. Hardly suprising though...

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            Originally posted by Kevin. B View Post
                            We were told the same thing. Hardly suprising though...
                            Have you tried to hear recently while wearing double hearing protection? We were only firing blanks with steyrs and GPMG's any a few thunders. It does get pretty loud in the rooms when a thunder is thrown in but i've never see PDF using double hearing protection doing fibua.
                            Everyone who's ever loved you was wrong.

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              Originally posted by The real Jack View Post
                              that pooled clothes were a thing of the past due to H&S.
                              The withdrawal of pooled issue means we are left with nothing at all.

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                Originally posted by kermit
                                With regard to employers supplying you with required items such as uniform, plenty of employers do not. Ryanair and McDonalds spring to mind as employers who require you to purchase your own uniform (and training in the case of Ryanair)
                                There is nothing new in this. The employer or the individual claims the expence of the uniform against tax.

                                I had a tax credit for my overalls when I had to buy them myself.

                                You can also get a tax credit if youare responsible for the cleaning of the uniform. So if the DF want/expect us to supply kit and maintain it then Revenue should also allow a tax credit for it. If on the other hand it is deemed un-necessary for the duties for which you are expected to perform then Revenue will laugh you out of the building.

                                Don't officers purchace their SD1s? How is that funded?
                                Without supplies no army is brave.

                                —Frederick the Great,

                                Instructions to his Generals, 1747

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X