X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GPMG sight

Do the army use this night sight for the GPMG
    Attached Files
    Last edited by ELVIS; 7 February 2007, 19:18.

I have heard that they do have a sight for it, but christ it weighs enough as it is.
    It is only by contemplation of the incompetent that we can appreciate the difficulties and accomplishments of the competent.

Comment

Maxi-Kite I think

Comment

Yes the one in the picture is the one we use.Known in Irish use as the Midi-Kite.Can be mounted on the GPMG/84 anti -tank/.5 HMG.
        The bracket for the GPMG is as the photo.AFAIK the new GPMGS have a rail on the top cover instead.
        "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

Originally posted by apod View Post
          Yes the one in the picture is the one we use.Known in Irish use as the Midi-Kite.Can be mounted on the GPMG/84 anti -tank/.5 HMG.
          The bracket for the GPMG is as the photo.AFAIK the new GPMGS have a rail on the top cover instead.
          Correct..Picitinny rail.

Comment

Does the sight have to be flipped off to the right in order to lift the top cover?
            Factories dont burn themselves down, they need help from people like you and me.

Comment

yes.it flips to the left when loading I believe

Comment

Originally posted by ELVIS View Post
                yes.it flips to the left when loading I believe
                Correct
                "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

what does a tracer look loke though a NV scope?

good british rusty gun

Comment

Does it not get in your way when your putting on a belt if it flips to the left? Jebus Scout your right that is a bloody manky gun. I suppose the tracer will show up as a bright flare but wouldnt the muzzle flash completely blind the sight so you wouldnt be able to see anything when firing?
                    Factories dont burn themselves down, they need help from people like you and me.

Comment

Originally posted by PTE bog View Post
                      Does it not get in your way when your putting on a belt if it flips to the left? Jebus Scout your right that is a bloody manky gun. I suppose the tracer will show up as a bright flare but wouldnt the muzzle flash completely blind the sight so you wouldnt be able to see anything when firing?
                      No and no to both questions.

Comment

reduced tracer for use with nv devices ??
                        "take a look to the sky right before you die, its the last time you will"

Comment

Originally posted by greyfox View Post
                          reduced tracer for use with nv devices ??

Comment

Working...
                          X