No announcement yet.

62 Bn Platoon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

not being smart but would someone with a medical alert bracelet pass the medical?

Comment

Originally posted by john smith View Post
      not being smart but would someone with a medical alert bracelet pass the medical?
      A friend of mine got into the PDF with an allergy to penecillin, so they must be ok with them.
      "The dolphins were monkeys that didn't like the land, walked back to the water, went back from the sand."

Comment

Good to see the Lads in the East catching up with what we in the south have been doing since about 2002.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Good to see the Lads in the East catching up with what we in the south have been doing since about 2002.
          DO you mean

Getting rid of ginger mingers
          Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
          Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
          The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere***
          The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
          The best lack all conviction, while the worst
          Are full of passionate intensity.

Comment

NO getting the men to clean as well as the women !!

Comment

... as a friend once said to me, what are the taliban doing that is so wrong (except for the ban on Guinness of course), he thought that us in the west are just jealous.

Comment

We shipped most of our gingers to donegal some years ago. a handful have found their way back, sadly. They are tougher than you think....Until they meet direct sunight.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

We shipped most of our gingers to donegal some years ago. a handful have found their way back, sadly. They are tougher than you think....Until they meet direct sunight

That is why we need to unite not only as a nation but as a normal headed people

to stop this scourge
                  Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
                  Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
                  The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere***
                  The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
                  The best lack all conviction, while the worst
                  Are full of passionate intensity.

Comment

The Platoon . . . . .

Yes they were all issued, on the first day, with all the kit, PLCE, Helmet and cover, utensils etc. They were organised and equiped as would any PDF Platoon, apart maybe from some of the latest weapons (anti tank etc, ) that the PDF trained platoons may have. As regards general treatment in Bks the 2 Bn looked after them very well, no complaints there at all. Other PDF elements instructed on engineering/mine warfare, and on chemical and gas attack. The training in itself proved interesting and had an objective- the final exercise alongside the PDF.
                    I think overall that yes, the troops themselves were happy.
                    I have some more photos of them, Ill try to dig them up.

Comment

Originally posted by hedgehog View Post
                      I remember that Platoon P Joe

they were probably the most enthusastic crowd

we ever did see

the good thing about it - is if you put comparable pics of PDF Demi God's up

no one could tell the difference betweem PDF Demi Gods and RDF.

The only real problem that take away from your lot as an organisation

and especially one that is coming out of stagnantation and striving to be professional

if you look at the last pic of the Pl cleaning weapons

now really look at it,

See if anyone can spot the most obvious worng in the pic

By the way P Joe
                      How did you lads feel you were treated
                      Whats wrong with the last picture?

I'm at the very back and not in the center with my body of a greek god on full display.

Two weeks of my life I'm never gonna get back. The whole experience was crap apart from the final Riot exercise which was the most fun thing I've ever done in the reserve to date, partly because I gave a wedgie to one of the rioters.
                      To close with and kill the enemy in all weather conditions, night and day and over any terrain

Comment

Bad time to be ginger, eh? Think I'll survive in te DF? :D
                        Two weeks for all that?

Comment

oi goldie , the 7bn had been doing that kind of shit for donkeys years!!!!!!!!!! ex members back !!!
                          :confused: ONCE YOU HAVE THEM BY THE BALLS , THEN YOU CAN WIN THEIR HEARTS AND MINDS ! :

Comment

Eh medical alert braclets....discs etc..would never had to wear one if I hadn't been in to find out.....only found out about my alergy because of a situation that occured while i was in service....

So does some one who has hayfever get his ticket....
                            Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

The man in the photo has an allergy to penicillin and has permission to wear it.
                              To close with and kill the enemy in all weather conditions, night and day and over any terrain

Comment

was just wondering lads, never suggested that anyone should be given their ticket for something they discovered after they joined.

in 19 years ive never seen one on someone in uniform, guess theres a first time for everything.

Comment

Working...
                                X