Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Its about ceremonial duties really...(split)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Its about ceremonial duties really...(split)

the marksman brigade in the army..rarely won competition outside of the pale......
    Its probably true to say that most of those who win All Army titles come from outside the

Pale

that could be explained by the fact that we in the Pale do a lot of stuff that our semi full

time Country Cousins dont

ie

DUties- Evidently we do a lot more than you lads- due to the fact that we dont have to take excess time of to either bring in turf and / or plant corn

Guard of Honours- Sweet Jesus imagine bringing the President of some foreign country here and presenting him with knuckle dragging red necked freckled faced culchies

exercises- I dont think it was ever made clear to you lot that Military transport can be used for things other than moving furniture

I will concede you lads are much better shots- this is a talent you lot developed when you were out huniting squirrels for dinner as a young lad

best of luck in the shooting
    Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
    Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
    The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere***
    The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
    The best lack all conviction, while the worst
    Are full of passionate intensity.

Originally posted by hedgehog View Post
    Dublin people using the BAP dont really have that problem and heres why

1 Because our mothers and fathers were not related prior to marriage, then our bone development grew at the normal rate

2 Our fingers as well as the rest of our bodies are in proportion

3 With our normall lenght fingers, we can insert same into the BAP

4 We dont get ND's

5 and a by product of this is- we have happy wives

dont worry about it Laoch, its not your fault and it will only take a couple of generations before you lads have normal bone lengths

LMAO !!

Comment

Originally posted by hedgehog View Post
      Evidently we do a lot more than you lads- due to the fact that we dont have to take excess time of to either bring in turf and / or plant corn

Guard of Honours- Sweet Jesus imagine bringing the President of some foreign country here and presenting him with knuckle dragging red necked freckled faced culchies

exercises- I dont think it was ever made clear to you lot that Military transport can be used for things other than moving furniture

I will concede you lads are much better shots- this is a talent you lot developed when you were out huniting squirrels for dinner as a young lad

best of luck in the shooting
      How true.

Comment

I bet hedgehog doesn't even own a gun rack...

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Well this thread has taken a turn for the crap...
          Dr. Venture: Why is it every time I need to get somewhere, we get waylaid by jackassery?

Dr. Venture: Dean, you smell like a whore

Comment

yeah lets get back on topic,BUT before we do..........WHAT HONOUR GUARDS???Every unit in the country now does honour guards at the Aras cos the poor overworked dubd cant do em .AHHHH diddums.My unit is doing a g.oh for the Polish president next week and guess where its on ?Dublin airport.Not even in our brigade ,AGAIN.Third time in the last 8 months.
            "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

I bet hedgehog doesn't even own a gun rack...
              Why would I- My weapons are stored for me courtesy of the Minister

My food is procured for me courtesy of Superquinn

WHAT HONOUR GUARDS???Every unit in the country now does honour guards at the Aras cos the poor overworked dubd cant do em
              Honour Guards and Guards of Honours are totally differnt , a bit more time in the DF and a few more ranks under your sleeve and you will know the difference

3 GOH's in 8 months wow

Somebodies CO must be sleeping with the COS
              Last edited by hedgehog; 11 February 2007, 18:03.

Comment

Ok oh fountain of df knowledge explain the difference to us poor dumb redarses.
                translation: Bite me you patronising git,i have plenty of time served.Still doesnt explain why the east needs the rest of the army to help do their ceremonial,in their brigade ,when they WONT do shannon duties in ours???
                "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

Bite me you patronising git,
                  I am sorry if you thought I was patronising

which means talking down to someone

might I refer you to the words of a wise man in post No 304

Are you this much crack in your home unit

or as i fear

the rod up your arse has a rod up its arse

Ok oh fountain of df knowledge
                  Are you genuinely praising me or trying to flirt with me

Comment

I'm sorry Apod, but even me, a lowly sandbag, even if I have one more stripe than you , know the difference between an "Honour Guard" and a "Guard of Honour". We need to be more careful, with all the pedantry about.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldie fish View Post
                      I'm sorry Apod, but even me, a lowly sandbag, even if I have one more stripe than you , know the difference between an "Honour Guard" and a "Guard of Honour". We need to be more careful, with all the pedantry about.
                      Your right Goldie there is alot of that around.I am fully aware of the differences between em as i have been on almost everyone my unit has done in the last ten years.Once you do it right the first time then your name is top of the list next time an all that

Yes,your right hedgie i do have a rod up my arse,it helps keep my back straight at the posn of attention outside the aras etc for the umpteenth time

As for flirting with you?????just trying to make an auld sweat feel important!
                      (just kidding mate i am sure you have done your bit,just dont like being patronised )

Comment

Originally posted by apod View Post
                        Still doesnt explain why the east needs the rest of the army to help do their ceremonial,in their brigade ,when they WONT do shannon duties in ours???
                        Ceremonial is a DFHQ detail, and thus shared out amongst the whole DF. Just because the majority of GOHs happen in and around Dublin, doesn't mean that they are only the responsibility of Dublin units. As for us not being in Shannon, any time you want to come up and mind VIs in our AO, feel free.

Comment

Originally posted by Parts View Post
                          Ceremonial is a DFHQ detail, and thus shared out amongst the whole DF. Just because the majority of GOHs happen in and around Dublin, doesn't mean that they are only the responsibility of Dublin units. As for us not being in Shannon, any time you want to come up and mind VIs in our AO, feel free.
                          Ok then mate explain this.If ceremonial is a dfhq detail for all the army then why is that if a V.i.p lands in Shannon or cork the local units handle the ceremonial.If as you say the ceremonial should be shared out how come you never see an Eastern bde unit coming down here to help when we are strapped for bodies (which we are)?

Also it is only in recent years that this habit of units outside the east doing ceremonial up there has crept in .Why?:confused:

Comment

Originally posted by apod View Post
                            Also it is only in recent years that this habit of units outside the east doing ceremonial up there has crept in .Why?:confused:
                            Because they only recently woke up to the huge workload imbalance.

Comment

Wow look at all the shite I caused

IN reality

We are the one Defence Force,

We in the East were getting screwed, nearly to the point of calling the Rape Crisis Centre

someone in DFHQ eventually realised that the honour of performing GOH's should be

spread out amongst our country cousins.

as Parts has said- we have a higher VI count than you lads- we have a MUCHHHHHHHH

higher CIT requirement etc

it really was great when the mantle of every other GOH was taken away from us and

shared out.

In so far as I am aware it is a very fair distribution, all Infantry Battalions get a crack of

the whip-
                              Last edited by hedgehog; 12 February 2007, 23:35.

Comment

Working...
                              X