Gormo, t9th 10th and 11th of Febuary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gormo, t9th 10th and 11th of Febuary

Did any else have as little fun as me this weekend ARP just gone out. Including the several mechanical breakdowns.
    I was inspired by one nco's mantra of "I want to die", couldn't agree more.
    Nothing like a bit of moaning ehh?
    courage, endurance, mateship and sacrifice

Originally posted by womble View Post
    Leading by example I see.

Comment

Did any else have as little fun as me this weekend ARP just gone out. Including the several mechanical breakdowns.
      Inspired to what .......?

an NCO with a mantra "I want to die"

Gets a zero in leadership/motivation etc. who would listen to an idiot?

Who promoted the idiot ?

Is he still an NCO after comments like that?

Comment

No need to overreact to a comment probably made in what was meant to be good humour. I know he/she shouldn't have said it but would you really take someones stripes off them for a one liner? That's as bad as the comment.
        I was only there on the Friday and it didn't go great but in fairness there was more than one last second complication.
        "I have never accepted what many people have kindly said, namely that I inspired the Nation. It was the nation and the race dwelling around the globe that had the lion heart. I had the luck to be called upon to give the roar"
        - Sir Winston Churchill, Speech Nov. 1954.

Comment

jesus lads, the nco in qustion is one of the finest I've met and to be honest, I feel some of you slagging him for what I posted on this board in an attempt to be humourous as unfair.
          His "mantra" was ment as a joke and was expressing some of what we were all feeling when we were on the way home. If it wasn't for the nco in question the weekend would of been far worse. He led by example as he always does and was a source of motivation.

B Inman, he is not an idiot, very far from it. He is still an nco after comments like that, thankfully for all of us. I would listen to him any time and be far more willing to listen to him than some of the others that were involved.

I apologise to him if I dragged his name into the mud over this.

Comment

I apologise to him if I dragged his name into the mud over this.

Should have thought of that before you created this thread.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Those who should be tarred and feathered are the ones who turn up to shoot and then leg it the next day when its their turn to raise and lower targets, that sticks in my craw.

On the other hand, I managed to be left out of the butts party and spent most of Sunday afternoon reclining on a poncho, asleep in the back of a truck and drinking tea with a n other.

[MOD: edited to protect you from being verbally abused by said person]

By all aco****s it was almost a complete Charlie Foxtrot. Sometimes I think the Bat couldnt find its own ar*e with both hands and a compass.

Whoever zeroed my rifle for me (does that say anything to you!?) was cross eyed, I had to shoot with the battle sights.
              "He is an enemy officer taken in battle and entitled to fair treatment."
              "No, sir. He's a sergeant, and they don't deserve no respect at all, sir. I should know. They're cunning and artful, if they're any good. I wouldn't mind if he was an officer, sir. But sergeants are clever."

Comment

Originally posted by Goldie fish View Post
                Should have thought of that before you created this thread.

right as usual goldie
                great practice at embracing the suck it was though

Comment

We had our arp's the weekend before, seemed to run a little smoother by all accounts but someone forgot to mention (even after we revised and completed our toets) that 2 stars are no longer allowed shoot with the unit but have to wait till the 3 star camp. Now maybe this was always the case but from our prespective it was a waste of a weekend.....
                  These engines are the fastest in any tanks in the European Theater of Operations, forwards or backwards. You see, man, we like to feel we can get out of trouble, quicker than we got into it.

Comment

Ours went off fairly well one saturday to get everyone in to TOET and the following Sunday everyone on the range to ARP. Everyone got fired in the one day
                    Lifes a bitch, so be her pimp!

Comment

This was done at battalion level and was originally booked for Kilbride. The weather meant that Kilbride was off limits so it was a last min change to gormo. There was bound to be problems...
                      "I have never accepted what many people have kindly said, namely that I inspired the Nation. It was the nation and the race dwelling around the globe that had the lion heart. I had the luck to be called upon to give the roar"
                      - Sir Winston Churchill, Speech Nov. 1954.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy C View Post
                        This was done at battalion level and was originally booked for Kilbride. The weather meant that Kilbride was off limits so it was a last min change to gormo. There was bound to be problems...
                        Ah right ours was only done at coy level less chances of a **** up
                        Lifes a bitch, so be her pimp!

Comment

crap happened and we ended up moving to gormo. Fair play to the batt for being able to implement a plan B and get most of those who attended fired on the rifle.
                          what annoyed me was seperate from this. things I won't mention here and the fact we couldn't do tactics along with alot of waiting around and doing bugger all productive.
                          I took a day off work friday that was pointless, I would have been better off in work. I got fired on saturday and spent sunday being pissed off with other stuff when not being involved in mechanical failures.
                          In my opinion it was really a waste of my time, but nothing I can do about that and sometimes thats what happen's.
                          just need some where to vent about it.

Comment

just need some where to vent about it
                            Vent in progress....

Strange how on friday we had what seemed like 150 on saturday that was down to about 90 and on sunday it looked like 40 or 50 of us yet this was "supposed" to be a 3 day exercise. Wonder if 150 people will get paid for 3 days.

Thanks for taping over my big mouth mods, still and all, if I'd had a sheep shears handy, said individual and about 6 or 7 others wouldnt be needing Brylcreem today.
                            "He is an enemy officer taken in battle and entitled to fair treatment."
                            "No, sir. He's a sergeant, and they don't deserve no respect at all, sir. I should know. They're cunning and artful, if they're any good. I wouldn't mind if he was an officer, sir. But sergeants are clever."

Comment

Originally posted by garv View Post
                              We had our arp's the weekend before, seemed to run a little smoother by all accounts but someone forgot to mention (even after we revised and completed our toets) that 2 stars are no longer allowed shoot with the unit but have to wait till the 3 star camp. Now maybe this was always the case but from our prespective it was a waste of a weekend.....
                              If they told you that was the case you wouldn't have turned up and there would be nobody to do Butts.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Working...
                              X