PNCO Southern Brigade Course 2007

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PNCO Southern Brigade Course 2007

Anyone here on it? First weekend down, body is sore, but thoroughly enjoyed it, sure, the change in orders has led to some confusion, but the timetable is full and varied, the training NCOs confident and good at their jobs, and the lectures have been interesting so far. In My opinion. Anyone elses opinion vary?

My one gripe, on the first test of the 3.2km, no organisation to have water at end.
    Ack ack ack ack ack..Kaboom!! hooray!!!! arrrrrr....
    Pedro lacks political experience

sure, the change in orders has led to some confusion,
    What change in orders
    Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
    Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
    The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere***
    The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
    The best lack all conviction, while the worst
    Are full of passionate intensity.

Comment

The BTC has decided to change (revert) to manual standard orders* for foot drill.

for example, ag iompu cle iompai, is now gluaiseacht fo cle i line (or "i dreas") cle iompai. the march starts with ar aigh on buinn cun cinn (excuse my spelling and lacks of fadas).

* Not certain on this point, but this is what we were informed.

Comment

revert is the right word

spit cough spit again but BTC South are right

the easier and more common version is wrong but as I said easier and more familiar

well done by the way

Comment

well done? I havent done anything yet!

Ya, it will just take a bit of getting used to, and it will be torture teaching the commands back in unit, especially to stubborn senior NCOs, however it serves a very importance purpose of making sure we're all singing off the same hymm sheet, theres nothing more confusing than 5 different ways to be told to turn.

in years to come Ill be able to tell my troops i was there the DAY the orders came back into use. that is, if my leg muscles ever recover.

Comment

well done? I havent done anything yet!
            Of course you have dont be modest

Comment

Originally posted by hotdawg View Post
              for example, ag iompu cle iompai, is now gluaiseacht fo cle i line (or "i dreas") cle iompai. the march starts with ar aigh on buinn cun cinn.
              That's not going to change the rest of the Defence Forces.

Comment

well itl be a long long process, but i guess the thinking is eventually it will. and if ur going to teach PNCOs, you might as well teach them right.

Comment

it will be torture teaching the commands back in unit, especially to stubborn senior NCOs
                  I hear ya. Got a quiet talking to by a Sgt saying that the "long" way was no longer in use and that was the direction from the BTC. I think I'll stick with what the manual says, if its changed they can insert an amendment
                  "The Question is not: how far you will take this? The Question is do you possess the constitution to go as far as is needed?"

Comment

My one gripe, on the first test of the 3.2km, no organisation to have water at end.
                    I hear that, apart from that it was very well organised, i really enjoyed the march today even if my legs do feel like they're about to fall off.....

The orders are a bit odd to get used to and remember but once we get that there'll be no problems.
                    Blog

WHAT FLIES DIES

Comment

Sorry ,just to clarify to an interested observer .The 3.2 k you are refering to is the it run??
                      "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

Originally posted by ackack View Post
                        The orders are a bit odd to get used to and remember but once we get that there'll be no problems.
                        From my start off in the Reserve we were instructed through the full commands. Took a few hours to get used to other units through the years giving the shortened ones.
                        "The Question is not: how far you will take this? The Question is do you possess the constitution to go as far as is needed?"

Comment

Originally posted by apod View Post
                          Sorry ,just to clarify to an interested observer .The 3.2 k you are refering to is the it run??
                          yup
                          Blog

WHAT FLIES DIES

Comment

Originally posted by hedgehog View Post
                            the easier and more common version is wrong but as I said easier and more familiar
                            Wrong according to the manual I take it?

Why change it? Is this just some bored officer in the Southern Brigade wanting to show the Eastern Brigade the error of their ways? :wink:

Comment

We had the same argument on our Standards course years ago in relation to the orders.

Its not that hard to do it properly from the beginning. Its when you return to your unit that the problems start.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Working...
                              X