X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hedgehog View Post
    Whereas the Comdt is really a brilliant Officer

he is or rather should be destined to be Chief of Staff

He is also as fit as fkcu- I saw him sprint the chicken run in the leb 3 times
    Correct HH..He is a Gentleman in the highest order..Still FAF:wink:

Comment

I was on an exercise with him once, the DSs practically had a wank-fest over him, he was that good.

Comment

Adc

Question lads.....I was looking at some of the video of Bertie's last day on the RTE site. Saw an officer (Army) in the background wearing what looked like the aguilettes of an Aide de Camp. Does the Taiosach qualify for an ADC or is it just the Preseident and the General Officers?

Over here all General Offices get an ADC and so does the President, VP, SECDEF and one or two other officials. It's generally seen as a good career move to get selected for ADC, if nothing else it's good visibility with the higher ranks who will be your boss one day.

A

Comment

The Taoiseach has an ADC also, but the Presidents ADC wears different Aguilettes. I don't know about General Officers getting them.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

General Officers have what is called a PSO or Personal Staff Officers

they carry out roughly the same function

ie organise diarys - hold briefcases- whisper names etc
            Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
            Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
            The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere***
            The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
            The best lack all conviction, while the worst
            Are full of passionate intensity.

Comment

You ! Absentee ! What The F**k Do You Mean Coming On My Parade ! You're Frickin Awol !
              "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

It's generally seen as a good career move to get selected for ADC, if nothing else it's good visibility with the higher ranks who will be your boss one day.
                here it probably means that no one else wants you and your career is about to die. Beiung taken from the mainstream job to make look some politician look good ain't the bets of moves. In the public spot light and often filling in for the boss whem he wants a day off ( I think they call it otherwise engaged]
                Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

Originally posted by hedgehog View Post
                  General Officers have what is called a PSO or Personal Staff Officers

they carry out roughly the same function

ie organise diarys - hold briefcases- whisper names etc
                  Originally posted by trellheim View Post
                  You ! Absentee ! What The F**k Do You Mean Coming On My Parade ! You're Frickin Awol !
                  I' ll second that ! Welcome back Hedge. Where u been ????

Originally posted by hptmurphy View Post
                  here it probably means that no one else wants you and your career is about to die. Being taken from the mainstream job to make look some politician look good ain't the bets of moves. In the public spot light and often filling in for the boss whem he wants a day off ( I think they call it otherwise engaged]
                  Thought that's what happened when they were sent to RDF units !!!!
                  Although in fairness, some have gone on to high office after such appointments
                  "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

Originally posted by trellheim View Post
                    hey, hey, it's probably enough of a shock for him to find you made moderator, without someone chewing him a new one . . . . . . . .
                    "We will hold out until our last bullet is spent. Could do with some whiskey"
                    Radio transmission, siege of Jadotville DR Congo. September 1961.
                    Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

Originally posted by irishrgr View Post
                      Question lads.....I was looking at some of the video of Bertie's last day on the RTE site. Saw an officer (Army) in the background wearing what looked like the aguilettes of an Aide de Camp. Does the Taiosach qualify for an ADC or is it just the Preseident and the General Officers?
                      The President & Taoiseach both have ADCs with Aguillettes. Noone else. They are the same aguillette but the Presidents ADC wears them on the right shoulder and that Taoiseachs on the Left. (I'm fairly sure about the shoulders).

Comment

So, an ADC is either a ladder-climbing careerist or a deadwood filling a gap 'til retirement.Is it a "voluntary"( you're shit so hide in plain sight) posting or do people apply for it?
                        regards
                        GttC

Comment

I'm sure there is some really important item in that blue bag. Although, carrying around a black leather bag would be much more impressive as some might think it contained top secret codes to our top secret weapon systems. :wink:

You will never have a quiet world until you knock the patriotism out of the human race

Comment

So, an ADC is either a ladder-climbing careerist or a deadwood filling a gap 'til retirement.Is it a "voluntary"( you're shit so hide in plain sight)
                            lower profile than a RDF cadre officer unless he is cav

Three directors of cav

One OC. ARW and Military Int OC

One Battalion CDR

Two ADC's

not bad from a very small corps unit
                            Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

Hi there
                              "So why do you want to be an Army Officer?"
                              "So that someday, all my ambitions will crystallise in the carrying of a Taoiseach's lunchbag..."

Could someone Photoshop the fat fella out of the way so we can see the fit daughter?
                              regards
                              GttC

Comment

Originally posted by Docman View Post
                                The President & Taoiseach both have ADCs with Aguillettes. Noone else. They are the same aguillette but the Presidents ADC wears them on the right shoulder and that Taoiseachs on the Left. (I'm fairly sure about the shoulders).

That is correct..

Comment

Working...
                                X