Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
    Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
    The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere***
    The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
    The best lack all conviction, while the worst
    Are full of passionate intensity.

Comment

and look for the defence acts 1954
      The DFRs ("Defence Forces Regulations") are not the Defence Act. The DFRs are secondary legislation enacted under the Defence Act by the Minister, but are not the same as Acts of the Oireachtas. For reasons of cost, the Government have traditionally had the option of not publishing certain types of secondary legislation, usually that which affects only limited groups of people. Thus, the DFRs are not published.
      "Why, it appears that we appointed all of our worst generals to command the armies and we appointed all of our best generals to edit the newspapers. I mean, I found by reading a newspaper that these editor generals saw all of the defects plainly from the start but didn't tell me until it was too late. I'm willing to yield my place to these best generals and I'll do my best for the cause by editing a newspaper"
      Gen. Robert E. Lee

Comment

thanks for that

I am aware of what statutory instruments are

a Lot of people mistake the defence Acts for the SI's

When Commando looked originaly, thats why I gave him the link

and depending on what he is looking for

the link that I snet him may be of help

But thanks anyway
        Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
        Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
        The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere***
        The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
        The best lack all conviction, while the worst
        Are full of passionate intensity.

Comment

Most likely any copy of the regulations mailed to you would be misleading since they all refer to one another and are also usually out of date, since other Admin Orders from the DCOS and Finance Branch [ esp regarding pay ] , routine circulars tend to keep the pot bubbling.

Add to this local conditions of the specific unit usually leaves you with - "it depends".

With regard to the 1954 act. The up-to-date version is NOT the 1954 act, it's the 2004/2005 restatement available from the AG's website as a download; this incorporates ALL the amendments up to that time, and it itself is shortly to be out of date with the court martial changes that are coming before the Dail currently.
          "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

Talk to the Units Admin Officer, if he is worth his salt he will sort you out.

Comment

Most likely any copy of the regulations mailed to you would be misleading since they all refer to one another and are also usually out of date,
              In terms of the DFRs, The Dept will not send you misleading information - if they do they are breaking the law. If DFRs have been amended the Regulations Branch (who will deal with your FOI request) will be aware, most likely because they probably drafted the changes. If you want a copy of the DFRs send the email.
              "Why, it appears that we appointed all of our worst generals to command the armies and we appointed all of our best generals to edit the newspapers. I mean, I found by reading a newspaper that these editor generals saw all of the defects plainly from the start but didn't tell me until it was too late. I'm willing to yield my place to these best generals and I'll do my best for the cause by editing a newspaper"
              Gen. Robert E. Lee

Comment

Not true. if you read for example Pay without taking into account Discipline and you are docked pay on a charge you will left wondering as to the basis of it.

I didn't say "incorrect", I said "misleading"
                "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

Originally posted by popeye View Post
                  Talk to the Units Admin Officer, if he is worth his salt he will sort you out.
                  And no doubt, he will probably throw a curve ball:

So, why didn't you ask the C/S???
                  "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

Not true. if you read for example Pay without taking into account Discipline and you are docked pay on a charge you will left wondering as to the basis of it.
                    Listen pal, I don't what this nit-picking is about. If this guy wants the DFRs, then he should contact the Dept, who will oblige him with the current set. They won't be out of date, and if they are, complain to the Information Commissioner.
                    You are clutching at straws in the above post and I don't why you are maing such an issue of it. The information I gave was accurate and answered the question asked. I don't like someone using the term "not true" when the post clearly was.
                    Gen. Robert E. Lee

Comment

Which DFR are you lookinf for , you hardly need every DFR

Comment

Working...
                      X