clothing issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• clothing issue

so what do people think of the clothing issue. What pieces of clothing should be changed in designs and or material. This thread does not have to relate to changes in dpm or clothing intitlements.

I reckon the smock should be made from waterproof material, would save on having to produce a waterproof version as well.
    Blog

WHAT FLIES DIES

Comment

here what I think

new fleece, dpm with shoulder reinforced area and elbows. Name tag and rank slider. this would allow greater use of this piece of kit.

i think the norgie or artkis version is gone so that good a lighter version would be better.

issue shirt to be made of rip stop material

issue trousers to have a pocket just above the ankle. handy if you are a driver to get things.

Comment

Originally posted by ackack View Post
        I reckon the smock should be made from waterproof material, would save on having to produce a waterproof version as well.
        You try doing tactics on a sweltering day in June wearing raingear, and see how much fun that is.

However, for just the above reasons, a shirt made out of a single layer of smock material (ie ripstop polycotton) would be a very good idea, as there are occasions where the smock is too heavy, but the DPM shirt tends to wear very quickly and tear easily compared to the smock. A poachers pocket in the arse of the smock would be nice too, since you always carry some survival kit in your smock that you won't need at a moment's notice, and which would provide some padding for your CEFO bouncing off your arse while running

Other than that the personal clothing is spot on, some of the best there is.

Comment

waterproof material can be breathable too, ie Lowe alpine or north face outdoor kit.
          Blog

WHAT FLIES DIES

Comment

A hoodless smock like the brits have might be a good idea
            What are you cackling at, fatty? Too much pie, that's your problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Odin_ie View Post
              A hoodless smock like the brits have might be a good idea
              It would be great if the hood could just be rolled up into the collar or something.
              Elasticated end on the pants would be great.
              Im Ron Burgendy??

Comment

I was on tactics with a new Lt outta the curragh who had the lining riped outta his smock, reckoned it was the best job when you were doing any kind of physical stuff in it. I find the smock very uncomfortable.

Comment

I'd rather have something that didn't hold water for long - i.e. what we have now
                  "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

I'd like the old buttons for braces back on the DPM as they were on the Greens.... No matter, they are buttons and can be sewn in but it would be handy.

No probs with shirt but as said earlier, it needs to be tougher and less prone to fading.

Smock need to be lighter..... something along the lines of a heavy shirt. It is murder wearing it in the summer.

Would like Lanyard holders sewn in but again easily fixed with needle & thread.

A lot of work goes into a new smock.... from burning threads to reinforcing velcro. Handy if it came complete.

Comment

Clothing

There is a new DPM fleece on the way made by lowe alpine, its replacing the norgie and the present fleece. There is also a new water bottle compatible with the new respirator the avon fm12. New Dress boots also, brown for officers, black for other ranks hust coming in service now. As for getting a shirt made from a single layer of the smock material good idea but you need all the pockets the smock has for commanders admin in the field!!

Comment

I'd be happy if I was issued what I was entitled to.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

As for getting a shirt made from a single layer of the smock material good idea but you need all the pockets the smock has for commanders admin in the field!!
                          too true !!

Comment

Originally posted by mortar_man View Post
                            There is a new DPM fleece on the way made by lowe alpine, its replacing the norgie and the present fleece. There is also a new water bottle compatible with the new respirator the avon fm12. New Dress boots also, brown for officers, black for other ranks hust coming in service now. As for getting a shirt made from a single layer of the smock material good idea but you need all the pockets the smock has for commanders admin in the field!!
                            Are they getting a new water bottle? I was hopping they'd go for some sort of a hydration pack jobie. Something tells me that not many RDF personal are ever gonea see that fleece!
                            Im Ron Burgendy??

Comment

yes there is talk of a hydration system aswel as the new water bottle. Its all part of the new integrated load carrying shite their buying

Comment

Working...
                              X