No announcement yet.

Easter '07 & Ceremonials

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hmmmmm HAIRY QUEEN he better not call me that on a tuesday night , how about HQ COY ......the able coy( pun on the old A COY title )?
    :confused: ONCE YOU HAVE THEM BY THE BALLS , THEN YOU CAN WIN THEIR HEARTS AND MINDS ! :

Comment

Originally posted by flash bang View Post
      hmmmmm HAIRY QUEEN he better not call me that on a tuesday night , how about HQ COY ......the able coy( pun on the old A COY title )?

doubt he would call an NCO that
      courage, endurance, mateship and sacrifice

Comment

The Kent Family was about it really.
        Is that the lad who the Train Station in Cork is named after
        Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
        Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
        The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere***
        The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
        The best lack all conviction, while the worst
        Are full of passionate intensity.

Comment

Originally posted by Komsomol View Post
          I suspect people just ran around shouting "boyo" alot..
          In 1916, the Cork lads followed orders, whats so unusual about that?

Lets see, in 1916 the Dublin lads fought a static battle against a larger enemy
          equipped with lots of supplies and artillery on call. What a surprise, they lost.

In 1921, the Cork lads fought a guerrilla war with hit and run tactics.

At de end a da day like, all credit too de Cork lads.
          Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum

Comment

Originally posted by Archimedes View Post

equipped with lots of supplies and artillery on call. What a surprise, they lost.

"The Dublin lads"???? They weren't the only ones fighting in Dublin.
            A body of volunteers moved to the city from Maynooth to assist in the
            Rising effort - as detailed in the book "On The One Road" by James Durney
            "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

Originally posted by kermit
              Maynooth is as good as Dublin, it was at the perimeter of the Pale.
              .... and that's an "F" in your Geography exam. There's a good 10-15 miles to the county
              boundary from Maynooth.

Wouldn't like to be marching from Maynooth to the GPO, that's for sure, it's a long
              feckin' walk

Methinks you need to get off your pond lily, the sun's starting to play up your
              brain cells....
              "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

Was gandering through the pics in the St Patrick's Day parade folder, and I was
                staring at one, because I knew there was something wrong

- but it took me a couple of minutes to twig it......

http://gallery.irishmilitaryonline.c...g2_itemId=2112

Comment

One person not looking right?
                  Several people with hands on butts (of rifles) ?

The right hand should be holding the butt of the rifle on the short arm dressing. As per the manual.

Comment

Was there not an ammendment to that?
                    "The Question is not: how far you will take this? The Question is do you possess the constitution to go as far as is needed?"

Comment

I was trying to find a ginger in the picture!
                      Everyone who's ever loved you was wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Archimedes View Post

I could explain to you how victory was never an option in Dublin, but this isn't the thread for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Truck Driver View Post
                          Was gandering through the pics in the St Patrick's Day parade folder, and I was
                          staring at one, because I knew there was something wrong

- but it took me a couple of minutes to twig it......

http://gallery.irishmilitaryonline.c...g2_itemId=2112
                          Like people said, the bloke not looking right and the fact everyones drills weren't matching.

Comment

If we didn't have the blow ins from other brigades we would be fine.....

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

The Southern Brigade does it as per the photograph.
                              You mean "Any old way you want there lads"?

Comment

Originally posted by Goldie fish View Post
                                The Easter Rising happened in Cork too you know....
                                Listen, Dublin was the place to be on Easter 1916, simple as that! You just keep dreaming of being as good as the Eastern Brigade. :wink:

Comment

Working...
                                X