No announcement yet.

Easter '07 & Ceremonials

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lucky you never had to do it with a proper rifle like the 303 or FN....

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

• Still laughing at the member of 62nd FAR who mentioned how his gang were bringing a certain air of professionalism to the Arbour hill ceremony

Elaborate

Comment

• Feel sorry for the poor bugger that got caught skipping and jumping like a grass hopper on speed in the only televised footage of the GOH marching..two different timings being called out will do that to ya.

Surprised none of the usual pedantic preachers and eagle eyed examiners of equipment on the board noticed the lads wearing Magnums with SD1s on the GOH :wink:

And before the torches are lit in preparation for good owl lynching it wasn't the troops fault, as some of those on the day could not get issued parade boots. The powers that be on the other hand should be lynched for, firstly not sorting issue out earlier and secondly allowing the bodies in question to present themselves wearing the boots.
        "Many a time a man's mouth broke his nose"

"Don't waste money buying expensive binoculars. Simply stand next to the object you wish to view."

Comment

• ironic , when you try and get issued the magnums you can only get the parade boot!!!
          :confused: ONCE YOU HAVE THEM BY THE BALLS , THEN YOU CAN WIN THEIR HEARTS AND MINDS ! :

Comment

• Originally posted by morpheus View Post
            Still laughing at the member of 62nd FAR who mentioned how his gang were bringing a certain air of professionalism
            Im still laughing at a 65th pte who thinks a steyr will melt in the sun and was telling people this during lunch on the day and the [MOD: Gnr] from the 62 FAR who reckosn their ex-marine corp sgt will be teaching them to fast rope from AC helicoppters.

All in all good show from all units so fair play to all.
            Last edited by Barry; 10 April 2007, 15:42.

Comment

• Its not the steyr that melts, its the chocolate soldiers carrying them...

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Muzzle View Post
                Im still laughing at a 65th pte who thinks a steyr will melt in the sun and was telling people this during lunch on the day and the pte from the 62 FAR who reckosn their ex-marine corp sgt will be teaching them to fast rope from AC helicoppters.

All in all good show from all units so fair play to all.
                ha ha thats a good one! But muzzle even you where once young and somewhat innocent. Sure the gullibility keeps us amused! I mean how much entertainment is gotten from sending recruits to the cookhouse for buckets of steam! I'll have to remember that one about the steyr low melting point.
                "Many a time a man's mouth broke his nose"

"Don't waste money buying expensive binoculars. Simply stand next to the object you wish to view."

Comment

• Nah I used to make up the BS and spred it around when i was a recuit.

Comment

• Stupid Newspapers.......

So there I was yesterday, reading the Sun newspaper(I like the football comic ) when I saw their story about the Easter Commemeration and to my suprise I found out that there was a new, never before seen Reserve Unit taking part in the GOH. This new unit was referred to as the 63 Infantry Battallion and along with the 62nd they both took part in the GOH, which leads me to the question........ Where did the 65th go?

Comment

• The CO had it changed cause he can only count as far as 63
                      "I'm like Bush, I see the world more like checkers than chess." - Dennis Miller

Comment

• Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

• Yes, in order to become a member, you have to have at least taken part in the underwater knife fighting course 2005 trained of course by none other than Sgt Maddog and the Live Fire mine clearing and explosives handling exercise under Sgt Richochet 2006.

You must also sign up to be chinned in bayonette training with Sgt Nameless in which he will (armed only with a fence post) take on you and your bayonetted Steyr, the fence post is for your own safety of course, as Sgts dont pretend to kill anyone.

Apparently I might be a member. maybe.
                          "He is an enemy officer taken in battle and entitled to fair treatment."
                          "No, sir. He's a sergeant, and they don't deserve no respect at all, sir. I should know. They're cunning and artful, if they're any good. I wouldn't mind if he was an officer, sir. But sergeants are clever."

Comment

• Originally posted by Goldie fish View Post
                            Its not the steyr that melts, its the chocolate soldiers carrying them...
                            Ah! Someone wishes that they were there. Where you practicing your own little GOH in front of your PC?

Another notch for the Eastern Brigade!

Comment

• Originally posted by The Shadow View Post
                              Ah! Someone wishes that they were there. Where you practicing your own little GOH in front of your PC?

MOD: Keep to the thread please everyone

Comment

• Originally posted by The Shadow View Post
                                A notch for doing your job? Next thing you'll be looking for a medal.

Join the club mate

Comment

Working...
                                X