Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Easter '07 & Ceremonials

Is there a Parade this year?

No, however there is a state ceremony to commemorate the event.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldie fish View Post
      No, however there is a state ceremony to commemorate the event.

65 will be doing the GOH.
      it will be long, it will be hard, and there will be no withdrawl
      Winston churchill

Comment

Again
        It is only by contemplation of the incompetent that we can appreciate the difficulties and accomplishments of the competent.

Comment

here's looking forward to ANOTHER year of faffing about doing ceremonies instead of worthwhile training for the 65th!
          "Many a time a man's mouth broke his nose"

"Don't waste money buying expensive binoculars. Simply stand next to the object you wish to view."

Comment

[here's looking forward to ANOTHER year of faffing about doing ceremonies instead of worthwhile training for the 65th![/QUOTE]

I see, real soldiers don't do ceremonies of course.
            Winston churchill

Comment

Still time spent with the unit getting caught for the same ceremonies every year doesn't do an awful lot to train ya for that far off day when the zombies come over the hill...

Comment

Originally posted by beenthere View Post
                [here's looking forward to ANOTHER year of faffing about doing ceremonies instead of worthwhile training for the 65th!
                I see, real soldiers don't do ceremonies of course.[/QUOTE]

of course they do...its just that real soldiers also get the opportunity to train like soldiers. A bit more bang bang and less marchy marchy stampy stampy.

"Don't waste money buying expensive binoculars. Simply stand next to the object you wish to view."

Comment

could be worse duffman you could be in HQ COY 65 bn
                  :confused: ONCE YOU HAVE THEM BY THE BALLS , THEN YOU CAN WIN THEIR HEARTS AND MINDS ! :

Comment

Originally posted by Duffman View Post

of course they do...its just that real soldiers also get the opportunity to train like soldiers. A bit more bang bang and less marchy marchy stampy stampy.
                    Not trying to be smart but why don't you join the PDF then?

Comment

Should've gone integrated
                      "I have never accepted what many people have kindly said, namely that I inspired the Nation. It was the nation and the race dwelling around the globe that had the lion heart. I had the luck to be called upon to give the roar"
                      - Sir Winston Churchill, Speech Nov. 1954.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy C View Post
                        Should've gone integrated
                        Maybe he is integrated? Or I think he's highlighting the lack of tactical training currently in the RDF. And, to be honest, I think the RDF gets more "bang bang" than the PDF at times in the form of exercises, weekends and the like.

Comment

Originally posted by The Shadow View Post
                          Maybe he is integrated? Or I think he's highlighting the lack of tactical training currently in the RDF. And, to be honest, I think the RDF gets more "bang bang" than the PDF at times in the form of exercises, weekends and the like.
                          I wish, our unit last had "bang bangs" on camp last year
                          It is only by contemplation of the incompetent that we can appreciate the difficulties and accomplishments of the competent.

Comment

Originally posted by Bam Bam View Post
                            I wish, our unit last had "bang bangs" on camp last year
                            Really
                            Winston churchill

Comment

Spot on Shadow. I just find it frustrating when the all ready limited training schedule is tied up with ceremonial practices (considering that's all we did last year) considering there are people passing out as privates these days that have never spent a night out on the ground. Time could be better spent on tactical training.

Comment

Working...
                              X