RDF Service & Social Welfare Payments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RDF Service & Social Welfare Payments

can someone clear this up for me please .

does any money earned while through rdf service (ie camps or duty) affect social welfare payments (ie dole)

im working so it doesnt apply to me but i was asked and tbh i didnt know the answer .

i remember my c.s. telling that he only joined cause the money he got from camp helped him get by when he was on the dole so i assumed that in the past your dole wasnt cut off or reduced.

is that still the case or has things changed ?

cheers in advance
    Anyone need a spleen ?

If you are on full time paid training, you are not entitled to the dole that week. Thats about it really. Explain to them, usually they are pretty sound. Its acceptable to work these days and not lose out on long term benefits.. i.e casual labour.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

To qualify for Jobseekers Benefit or Jobseekers Allowance ie the dole the following conditions must be met...

Be available for work, capable of work and looking for work.

If you are on full time training you are not available for work.

As posted by GF just inform your Social Welfare Local Office and your payment can be stopped for the period of training.

Comment

Can you take "holidays" from the dole?

Comment

Yes.

The question is also important for calculation of entitlement to "Dole"/pension/health benefits , since you need X amount of paid contributions or what we used to call 'Stamps' . When you are on FTT the rate of PRSI paid does not cover a 'Stamp' [ AFAIR it is only a 'D' rate' ] so FTT needs to be watched.
          "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

the person in question is involved with the integration and was told that if they remained integrated then they would lose their benefit.
            Anyone need a spleen ?

Comment

How can they not give him benefits when he's limited to 4 weeks total?
              "The Question is not: how far you will take this? The Question is do you possess the constitution to go as far as is needed?"

Comment

Well given that we're away almost every weekend so far this year, and getting paid over 120 euros for each of those weekends (pte's), i'd say that could come under paid employment as oppossed to the regular rdf where your limited to one or two camps a year.

Comment

Originally posted by Komsomol View Post
                  Well given that we're away almost every weekend so far this year, and getting paid over 120 euros for each of those weekends (pte's), i'd say that could come under paid employment as oppossed to the regular rdf where your limited to one or two camps a year.
                  Since when are "regular RDF" limited to 1/2 camps a year. ALL are limited to 28 days (42 with permission). Whether you use them up on weekends or weeks, you still only get so many.

Comment

over 42 with permission permission.

Comment

exactly why I said "permission permission"

Comment

I'm confused:confused:

This link may help with regard to Social Welfare

Comment

Afaik this person was given to understand that by being part or the integrated reserve he could be considered as having a part time job and that this would be factored into his 'dole'
                          Anyone need a spleen ?

Comment

Its quite simple, you get the forms to sign, you only sign for the days you are not away with the RDF and you get paid for the rest.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Originally posted by Docman View Post
                              Since when are "regular RDF" limited to 1/2 camps a year. ALL are limited to 28 days (42 with permission). Whether you use them up on weekends or weeks, you still only get so many.

Since when are we ever told about every single camp and course that we're supposed to have the oppertunity of going on.

Realisticly the average RDF member would be on one camp alone per year. Two if he's in the right clique.

My personal highest score is currently 6 camps in one year, all fully paid, and yes thats well over the supposed man days limit.

Comment

Working...
                              X