Rank Markings...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rank Markings...

Upon talking to my platoon Sergeant, it's become apparent that we won't get our 2-star rank markings upon completion of recruit camp in the summer. He said that the current two-stars(who have just become three-stars)''obtained them... elsewhere...''

I was just wondering if anyone had some old two and/or three star rank markings lying around and if they would be kind enough to give them to me. Will pay(reasonable amounts ) for them if you want...

PM me if anyone wishes to sell me any...

Regards,
    Kevin.
    Last edited by Kevin. B; 22 May 2007, 19:48. Reason: I wasn't talking to my Pln. Cmndr, it was my Pln. Sgt!

http://cgi.ebay.ie/IRELAND-IRISH-ARM...QQcmdZViewItem

Also selling is Junior + Senior cadet, corporal, sergeant, 2nd lieutenant, cqms and commondant rank markings!

For only 17.63 you can become a commondant! :D lol

any volunteers?
    Last edited by Komsomol; 2 May 2007, 17:26.

Comment

They are a issue item, they should be available from stores if the request is made.

Comment

I have never been issued rank sliders. Ever!

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

It's a total disgrace that lazy CQ's dont get up off their (usually) big fat arses and demand 2* rank markings. It is equally contemptable that the CS's let this sort of matter slide. Look after your troops ffs.

A recruit puts the time in, makes the grade and is told "thats the way it is".

Bollocks.

Shame on you.

They are available.

Comment

lol.. I see the "do as little as possible as often as possilbe" rule has not changed any... Rank Markings are part of kit always... you need to ask, if not given, and bitch about it if refused..
            "There is nothing braver then the heart of a volunteer" Lt. Col. Dolittle, USAC, 1941.

Comment

Live in the real world lads - bitching and whining won't solve anything, all it will do, in Kevin B's case, is mark him out as a heatseeker. Tactical boots, spare uniforms etc are also "on issue" but there's plenty, like myself, who don't have them.

Kevin, you will probably be a 2* for less than 12 months. In that time you are unlikely to carry out any activities outside your platoon of other 2-stars - everyone who needs to know your rank will know it. Don't rock the boat on such a trivial matter.
              More importantly, don't drop your mates in it by using your contacts or whatever to get something they don't have access to. If you get sliders and some of your platoon aren't so lucky, you'll get those mates in trouble for being improperly dressed. If your platoon commander gives a shit, he'll sort sliders for the platoon. If he dosen't, you shouldn't either. Stand together with your mates.
              "Why, it appears that we appointed all of our worst generals to command the armies and we appointed all of our best generals to edit the newspapers. I mean, I found by reading a newspaper that these editor generals saw all of the defects plainly from the start but didn't tell me until it was too late. I'm willing to yield my place to these best generals and I'll do my best for the cause by editing a newspaper"
              Gen. Robert E. Lee

Comment

Originally posted by Viking View Post
                Live in the real world lads - bitching and whining won't solve anything, all it will do, in Kevin B's case, is mark him out as a heatseeker. Tactical boots, spare uniforms etc are also "on issue" but there's plenty, like myself, who don't have them.

Kevin, you will probably be a 2* for less than 12 months. In that time you are unlikely to carry out any activities outside your platoon of other 2-stars - everyone who needs to know your rank will know it. Don't rock the boat on such a trivial matter.
                More importantly, don't drop your mates in it by using your contacts or whatever to get something they don't have access to. If you get sliders and some of your platoon aren't so lucky, you'll get those mates in trouble for being improperly dressed. If your platoon commander gives a shit, he'll sort sliders for the platoon. If he dosen't, you shouldn't either. Stand together with your mates.
                With all due respect thats bollocks.

The time element is irrelevant. The course was done and a rank was acheived. The acknowledgement is an award, a recognition of acheivement ie rank markings.

"bitching and whining wont resolve anything

ie Accept low standards. That is what you are implying by letting others fkcu you about.

"Dont rock the boat"
                CHRIST, thats exactly the attitude that gets fkcu all done in this mans army and in other aspects of life, it lets those with responsibilities get away with whatever they wish.

"Ah sure it'll be alright".

If I had a cent for every time I heard that excuse for mediocrity I would have €2.50, at least.

If its no big deal lets not issue stripes either.

Comment

I have seen them in the west. More so with corps units but the inf also have them.
                  "Those who have long enjoyed such privileges as we enjoy forget in time that men have died to win them." - Franklin D. Roosevelt

Comment

I have seen a few of them in the south
                    I maintain the Irish Defence Forces most deadly weapon - its people

Comment

Sorry Joshua, but I stand over what I said. It’s not Kevin B’s place to complain. You may have enough years in to make an issue of it, and rightly so, that’s what NCOs/Officers are for. But a recruit – not a hope. He should keep his head down, and personally I think if he’s advised otherwise its bad advice.

As an NCO I wouldn’t see my troops f*&%ed around, but in this case I don’t think its an issue. I’ll be taking recruits over the summer, and I won’t be breaking my balls to get them sliders – there are far bigger priorities. If Kevin's Pl Comd wants his troops with sliders, then get them issued to the platoon. If he doesn’t, then don’t put thoughts in Kevin’s head.
                      Last edited by Viking; 2 May 2007, 23:41. Reason: Removed unnecessary comment
                      "Why, it appears that we appointed all of our worst generals to command the armies and we appointed all of our best generals to edit the newspapers. I mean, I found by reading a newspaper that these editor generals saw all of the defects plainly from the start but didn't tell me until it was too late. I'm willing to yield my place to these best generals and I'll do my best for the cause by editing a newspaper"
                      Gen. Robert E. Lee

Comment

First of all, thanks to all who replied and helped snd such...

Secondly, Viking, I have nothing but the utmost respect for both my section and platoon commnders as both are fantastic leaders and instructors. My section IC really looks out for us and we have a great level of respect in my section. I'm not intending to get any other recruits in trouble, and only half of this years two-stars had rank markings and nothing was said to the ones that don't because they were told they would be issued them, and nobody expected them to go and obtain them elsewhere... it won't be an issue that I have a rank marking and others won't(some in my platoon will obtain them elsewhere as well). I bought a pair of boots to do me as I could've been waiting for my issue uniform for 9-months and nobody said anything to me... I even have my issue kit with Magnum boots and I still wear my own boots as the gloss is still much better and a few inspections later, nobody has given out to me.
                        Don't get me wrong Viking, I appreciate you sharing your two cents and your opinions are valid, I just don't see what is wrong with getting some rank markings...

Comment

I didnt know 2star rank markings existed until I was at the all army orienteering a few years ago and the eastern bods had them. I only have two rank sliders, I have never been issued them!
                          Everyone who's ever loved you was wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by kermit
                            I haven't seen 2* Rank markings outside the Eastern Brigade.
                            I have.
                            sigpic
                            Say NO to violence against Women

Originally posted by hedgehog
                            My favourite moment was when the
                            Originally posted by hedgehog
                            red headed old dear got a smack on her ginger head

Comment

Fair enough Kevin, its your call.

I bought a pair of boots to do me as I could've been waiting for my issue uniform for 9-months and nobody said anything to me... I even have my issue kit with Magnum boots and I still wear my own boots as the gloss is still much better and a few inspections later, nobody has given out to me.
                              I really don't agree with this. Sliders are one thing, but a recruit havng to buy his boots? Thats the piss. Were you initially issued clothing and no boots?
                              Gen. Robert E. Lee

Comment

Working...
                              X