MP Provost Corporal Course

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MP Provost Corporal Course

I just had a read of the article in April 2007 An Cosantoir about the career of the 2 Bn Sgt. (I have to say its a great article and the Sgt has had a career to envy)

One question tho, He completed the "MP Provost Corporals Course" in 1998. Whats the story with this course - it seems to be short (he completed three courses, incl a PNCO Cse that) year and the article dosen't mention him serving as a PA.

Originally posted by SAM View Post
    I just had a read of the article in April 2007 An Cosantoir about the career of the 2 Bn Sgt. (I have to say its a great article and the Sgt has had a career to envy)

One question tho, He completed the "MP Provost Corporals Course" in 1998. Whats the story with this course - it seems to be short (he completed three courses, incl a PNCO Cse that) year and the article dosen't mention him serving as a PA.
    The army was short of PA s to go overseas so they sent lads on a short how to be a copper course.
    sigpic
    Say NO to violence against Women

Originally posted by hedgehog
    My favourite moment was when the
    red headed old dear got a smack on her ginger head

Comment

He is a very good lad as well

I think he must have the DF record for courses
      Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
      Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
      The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere***
      The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
      The best lack all conviction, while the worst
      Are full of passionate intensity.

Comment

The army was short of PA s to go overseas so they sent lads on a short how to be a copper course.
        So its for overseas only and he would have gone back to the Infantry on his return?

Whats the story with the real "how to be a copper" course? How long is it and how often is it run?
        Last edited by SAM; 7 May 2007, 18:23. Reason: Badly phrased!

Comment

Whats the story with the real "how to be a copper" course? How long is it and how often is it run?

Some lads realise that they cant ever become proper soldiers

and they become bitter and twisted so they decide why not take the easy option

and do the securicor course

first thing is they have to get a medical to ensure that their back bone is not present

then they are checked to see if their mammy and daddy are married if not instant

promotion

then its down to the mp school in the DFTC for a couple of months

then back to there new units and the cycle starts all over again

if you want to do policing- join the Gardai

if you want to do Soldering join the Army

can it be more simpler than that
          Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
          Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
          The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere***
          The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
          The best lack all conviction, while the worst
          Are full of passionate intensity.

Comment

So its for overseas only and he would have gone back to the Infantry on his return?

As far as I know, the course no longer exists. It was run just to provide PAs for Bosnia.
            sigpic

Comment

it no longer exists..GH is right it was for the purpose of filling the bosnia trip nothing else..

I trained with the said Sgt to..different platoons though.

Comment

AFAIK its being run at the end of the year again and is open to Ptes again.the course is 4 months.keep an eye on your R/o's.

Comment

Originally posted by mortar_man
                  that lad is an absolute wanker, trained me on my recce comd and sniper instr in the iww....dont rate him, he is a bully who thinks he knows it all.. thank god he is back in 2 bn outta d way
                  Like what he said!!

And don't believe everything you read in the Cosantoir
                  Last edited by fiannoglach; 7 May 2007, 20:32.

Comment

Originally posted by hedgehog View Post
                    first thing is they have to get a medical to ensure that their back bone is not present
                    And don't forget, they have to get the curly tail surgically attached!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Irish_army01 View Post
                      AFAIK its being run at the end of the year again and is open to Ptes again.the course is 4 months.keep an eye on your R/o's.
                      That's the Probationer's Course isn't it. It's to qualify you to be a real PA.
                      sigpic

Comment

Spot the clerk...

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

I have a mate..exer..who did the course and served in Bosnia..believe it or not they were policing the brits camps..when he came back couldn't get the transfer even with the course and went on his ticket...pity really he is a good bloke and would have made an excellent PA..all jokes aside.
                          Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

Working...
                          X