No announcement yet.

Bren or GPMG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Think it might be gone this year. We had a whole load of people trained up on it at the start of the year. Officers, ncos and a couple of privates.
    "Those who have long enjoyed such privileges as we enjoy forget in time that men have died to win them." - Franklin D. Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by womble View Post
      yes it is, for rdf inf, otherwise why the hell did i do it last year
      The Bren is not on any current training syllabus.

Next weekend will be the last time it will be fired in competition (where have I heard that before? - there must be an echo! ), as well as the BAP.

Good luck to all competitors - I hope the weather is better than last year!!
      "Fellow-soldiers of the Irish Republican Army, I have just received a communication from Commandant Pearse calling on us to surrender and you will agree with me that this is the hardest task we have been called upon to perform during this eventful week, but we came into this fight for Irish Independence in obedience to the commands of our higher officers and now in obedience to their wishes we must surrender. I know you would, like myself, prefer to be with our comrades who have already fallen in the fight - we, too, should rather die in this glorious struggle than submit to the enemy." Volunteer Captain Patrick Holahan to 58 of his men at North Brunswick Street, the last group of the Four Courts Garrison to surrender, Sunday 30 April 1916.

Comment

Originally posted by Vickers View Post
        The Bren is not on any current training syllabus.

Next weekend will be the last time it will be fired in competition (where have I heard that before? - there must be an echo! ), as well as the BAP.

Good luck to all competitors - I hope the weather is better than last year!!
        Not looking good.

Saturday : Probably dry and bright in many places for much of the day, with sunny spells and just well scattered showers - but wet and windy weather will move in from the Atlantic later Saturday and Saturday night to affect the west and south especially but probably all areas by Sunday.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Hi there
          You want to fire a classic gun and have good weather as well? Don't you know that it's compulsory to go shooting in the rain and the wind and whatever else the weather gods can throw at you.It's probably in the syllabus that you have to be freezing and soaking wet (in your pool issue wet-gear) to properly experience live machine-gun firing.
          regards
          GttC

Comment

That may be fine for us normal types, but what about the elite of the shooting teams? They can't be expected to shoot in inclement weather.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Heaven forbid! Imagine they dont even get chairs and a table with parasol to fire from!!
              "The Question is not: how far you will take this? The Question is do you possess the constitution to go as far as is needed?"

Comment

Well I'll be on the recieving end of both the inclement weather and the Bren this weekend....
                Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

Originally posted by Docman View Post
                  BUT the Bren is not on the 2-3* syllabus. The GPMG is.
                  Army logic

Draw up a new syllabus and put in a weapon that must be fired in order to be upgraded when there isn't enough weapons or instructors

Comment

Originally posted by hptmurphy View Post
                    Well I'll be on the recieving end of both the inclement weather and the Bren this weekend....
                    Hey murph, just remember to point the giving end away from you and down range.
                    "The Question is not: how far you will take this? The Question is do you possess the constitution to go as far as is needed?"

Comment

Originally posted by womble View Post
                      yes it is, for rdf inf, otherwise why the hell did i do it last year
                      Originally posted by Kermit
                      Never occour to you that the syllabus may have changed.

Has it?
                      Syllabus was changed earlier this year.

Comment

Syllabus has changed, ohh right, so I was among the last of the people to be trained on the bren?
                        Personally, I will believe it when I see it. Sure the syllabus has been changed but couldnt see enough weapons or insttructos being ready to train on them. live in hope though
                        courage, endurance, mateship and sacrifice

Comment

Hi Murph
                          see if you can take a few pictures, will you?
                          regards
                          GttC

Comment

Have a look at the syllabus for the RDF PNCO course for the gpmg

"Lesson 3: Magazine filling, loading and unloading"

looks like someone just did a Ctrl H...
                            You're even dumber than I tell people

You might have been infected but you never were a bore

Comment

Originally posted by Big Al View Post
                              Have a look at the syllabus for the RDF PNCO course for the gpmg

"Lesson 3: Magazine filling, loading and unloading"

looks like someone just did a Ctrl H...
                              lol.. good one......
                              "There is nothing braver then the heart of a volunteer" Lt. Col. Dolittle, USAC, 1941.

Comment

Em.... sorry ......will be in the butts for the LMG so providing photos is a definite no no from my perspective..even I'm not looney tunes enough to try photo brens in action from that perspective.
                                Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

Working...
                                X