No announcement yet.

Bren or GPMG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Box on the side" could be a Minimi as well.

I recall doing the GPMG as an FCA recruit back in.. oh.. early 1998 or so. Only reason we ever did the TOETs on the Bren was so that we could shoot in the competitions as the Bren was still the inter-unit standard. Otherwise, field exercises and whatnot were GPMG. Now it's possible it was also for convenience's sake as we had the MAGs in the AMLs, so there was some commonality.

NTM
    Driver, tracks, troops.... Drive and adjust!!

Comment

We have MAG 80s in the AMLs because of commanality alright but the contradiction was the dismountable element of the troop still carried brens...
      Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

According to COS (to be) the Bren will shortly be replaced by the GPMG and next years shooting competitions will be with the GPMG.

Comment

Originally posted by DeV View Post
          According to COS (to be) the Bren will shortly be replaced by the GPMG and next years shooting competitions will be with the GPMG.
          energa grenade anyone...

Comment

Nothing wrong with an energa grenade, only hang up is the ballisite round.
            It has been proved very effective in a few skirmishes in which I have participated.. we used to call them Zulus.

Comment

:confused:
              Originally posted by BANDIT View Post
              Nothing wrong with an energa grenade, only hang up is the ballisite round.
              It has been proved very effective in a few skirmishes in which I have participated.. we used to call them Zulus.
              :confused: what year was that..:confused:

Comment

1980, and saw used but not used personally in 1990

Comment

Originally posted by California Tanker View Post
                  "Box on the side" could be a Minimi as well.
                  I think they're talking about the 50 round jungle box, Cal

Comment

Originally posted by DeV View Post
                    .303 ammo must be running low at this stage.

Comment

Watching some of the Ceremonies in london today, I was reminded that 25 years ago, the British had converted the Bren to fire 7.62mm x 51.

Only next year will we get around to retiring our 303 versions...

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Originally posted by golden rivet View Post
                        .303 ammo must be running low at this stage.
                        Its funny a few years ago the Bren was supposidly being retired and apparently somebody then found 1 million rounds of 303 in the curragh which didnt exist on paper. Thats one of the storys we were told anyway.....totla bullshit I'd say.
                        Everyone who's ever loved you was wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by The real Jack View Post
                          Its funny a few years ago the Bren was supposidly being retired and apparently somebody then found 1 million rounds of 303 in the curragh which didnt exist on paper. Thats one of the storys we were told anyway.....totla bullshit I'd say.
                          rather than let ye fire it and having a load of ammo to expend we used to dump tons of it at sea what a waste of brass

Comment

Working...
                          X