RDF All Army Shooting Competitions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RDF All Army Shooting Competitions

Can any of our members on the board put up the results of the competitions here
    when they come to hand? Ta......

Rifle:

LMG:

Pistol:

Falling Plates:
    "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Quote of the day

Heard today during the All Army Bren shoot..told directly to a firing point supervisor.....

' I really shouldn't be here today because I am integrated! '
    Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

Genius, its like something I would say.
      To close with and kill the enemy in all weather conditions, night and day and over any terrain

Comment

its exactly what you would say....after giving the person plenty of abuse for not being integrated
        Sir I cant find my peltors........Private they are on your face

Comment

Originally posted by hptmurphy View Post
          Heard today during the All Army Bren shoot..told directly to a firing point supervisor.....

' I really shouldn't be here today because I am integrated! '
          So was the team disqualified for having an illegal member on board?

Reminds me of the RDF All Army Orienteering this year.
          One of the S Bde units had a blow in competitor - had to have been, no
          way could a legit member have been dressed so scruffily, have such long hair,
          and thrown up such a shit salute to D Res when collecting his prize
          "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

No.....I didn't see it made much difference as his shooting was shite anyway....

I believe he was actually 62nd inf Res.....might be known to some....

There wasn't a qualifier attached to the Op ord about Integrated Reservists so I left it run.
            Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

62 Res Inf Bn haven't provided any members to the integrated reserve, apart from the BTC and they left the unit at the time of the reorg. They have zero involvement with the unit apart from in their role at the BTC.

hptmurphy - an integrated reservist isn't a member of an RDF unit so how could they represent one?

Comment

exactly!

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Hmm.....

a: The FP officer should have removed him [ since then anybody who found out had a great case for an appeal ]
                  b: Unless his order [ you - Go Fire for the glory ! ] came from the PDF Bn/Coy CO then nobody else could have ordered him to be there and he was just [ giving a dig out ]
                  "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

The only disqualifications in the all army were today in the falling plates....a certain over zealous 2nd Lt....who was referred to as the "Frog in the grass "....some body from IMO in the back round no doubt.....disqualified two teams and in the opinion of all present destroyed the competition....the whole competition was over in less than half an hour...

winners were the 51st bn well done ..two nice runs...about the only two runs in the whole thing!
                    Last edited by hptmurphy; 27 May 2007, 22:53.

Comment

winners were the 53rd bn well done ..two nice runs...about the only two runs in the whole thing!
                      51 Bn were the winners.
                      "Why, it appears that we appointed all of our worst generals to command the armies and we appointed all of our best generals to edit the newspapers. I mean, I found by reading a newspaper that these editor generals saw all of the defects plainly from the start but didn't tell me until it was too late. I'm willing to yield my place to these best generals and I'll do my best for the cause by editing a newspaper"
                      Gen. Robert E. Lee

Comment

I stand corrected....Lads from Connemara!

Comment

Second best quote..".Don't trip over the Frog!"...had to be some one from IMO....own up..we heard it!
                          Last edited by hptmurphy; 27 May 2007, 22:59.

Comment

I didn't post the quote from the allegedly integrated guy to try to have him disqualified..just thought it funny the mentality that he felt that he should be special because of his 'integrated' staus..and felt uncomfortable amongst mere non integrated mortals..

the actual reaction to the comment was....."shut up or your team mates will beat the shit out of you after you have been disqualified"

has to be some degree of levity..lets face it..he hardly learned anything about the bren on integration.!

Comment

Originally posted by hptmurphy View Post
                              Second best quote..".Don't trip over the Frog!"...had to be some one from IMO....own up..we heard it!
                              Nice wetgear.
                              Everyone who's ever loved you was wrong.

Comment

Working...
                              X