Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sraaw

Interesting American Army SRAAW video

Found this there now, shows a small view on how the yanks train their grunts on the AT-4. I just did it myself recently in integrated and found it interesting.

Sharing the love.

I don't remember doing it quite that way, but I'll see if I can't track down my video, see if it's on there.

NTM
    Driver, tracks, troops.... Drive and adjust!!

Comment

Yea, I've seen that before there are also other videos of the same group doing alot of other basic training i.e bayonet, grenade, shooting etc

I never realised there was so much procedure to these types of things.
      Theirs not to make reply,
      Theirs not to reason why,
      Theirs but to do and die:
      Into the valley of Death
      Rode the six hundred.

The Charge of the Light Brigade

Comment

Heh, yeah.

Its all so..... disciplined.. *shock!*

Comment

i seen in the show "future weapons" a new version that can be fired indoors , it has some sort of salt water in the rear which absorbs the heat and percussion

something along those lines anyway

Comment

Originally posted by Komsomol View Post
            Heh, yeah.

Its all so..... disciplined.. *shock!*

Do I detect a hint of sarcasm
            Theirs not to make reply,
            Theirs not to reason why,
            Theirs but to do and die:
            Into the valley of Death
            Rode the six hundred.

The Charge of the Light Brigade

Comment

I have the offical bofors seeling video along with the 84mm..if I can get it all up on you tube you can all have alook the manufacturers video
              Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

Ahhhhh, memories, takes me back to the earlier days of my career at Ft Benning. Steps for everything "you....don't get ahead" and lugging the AT4 around the place. You don't get to fire it normally, usually just a 9mm sub-calibre adoptor which replicates the recoil. It doesn't have the bang/woosh of the real ones though. Good times.
                A

Comment

Originally posted by irishrgr View Post
                  You don't get to fire it normally, usually just a 9mm sub-calibre adoptor which replicates the recoil. It doesn't have the bang/woosh of the real ones though. Good times.
                  A
                  A few of our recruits were lucky enough to fire the warshots.

NTM
                  Driver, tracks, troops.... Drive and adjust!!

Comment

Lucky buggers that got to fire it. Our instructor had been in for something like 15 years and had only fired four in his whole career!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Fintan View Post
                      i seen in the show "future weapons" a new version that can be fired indoors , it has some sort of salt water in the rear which absorbs the heat and percussion
                      It is called the AT-4CS (Confined space). Seemingly the Irish Army have a few.... never seen any though.

The SRAAW standard version can also be fired indoors.... just make sure you have lots of space....

Comment

The Brits are using the AT-4 now, calling it the ILAW (interim LAW), the original 66mm LAW is making a comeback in Iraq courtesy of the USMC. They prefer it to the AT-4 due to it's lower weight, compact design and smaller backblast. It's being used in FIBUA for attacking buildings so it's smaller warhead isn't seen as a drawback.

"The dolphins were monkeys that didn't like the land, walked back to the water, went back from the sand."

Comment

We used the 66 in 2003 during the initial invasion, drew them from pre-po'd stores so god only knows where they came from.
                          When I breeze into that city, people gonna stoop and bow.
                          All them women gonna make me, teach 'em what they don't know how

Comment

pre-po'd = pre-positioned?
                            "The dolphins were monkeys that didn't like the land, walked back to the water, went back from the sand."

Comment

Originally posted by irishrgr View Post
                              Ahhhhh, memories, takes me back to the earlier days of my career at Ft Benning. Steps for everything "you....don't get ahead" and lugging the AT4 around the place. You don't get to fire it normally, usually just a 9mm sub-calibre adoptor which replicates the recoil. It doesn't have the bang/woosh of the real ones though. Good times.
                              A

We normally fire the sub-calibre here in the irish defence forces for basic as well. Has a back blast simulator which does what it says on the tin, though how would i compare.

Originally posted by California Tanker View Post
                              A few of our recruits were lucky enough to fire the warshots.

NTM
                              If you listen very carefully you can just about make out the drill instructor in the video saying that the two best recruits will fire warshots at the end of the AT-4 training.

Comment

Working...
                              X