Salary Increments in the DF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Salary Increments in the DF

Can anyone (PDF preferably) explain how the increments system works for calculating DF pay? For example, if you were a Cpl with ten years experience and have just been promoted Sgt are you paid at the bottom of the Sgt grade, at the ten year point, or some mixture of the two? Also, are increments paid on tech pay?
    "Why, it appears that we appointed all of our worst generals to command the armies and we appointed all of our best generals to edit the newspapers. I mean, I found by reading a newspaper that these editor generals saw all of the defects plainly from the start but didn't tell me until it was too late. I'm willing to yield my place to these best generals and I'll do my best for the cause by editing a newspaper"
    Gen. Robert E. Lee

To the best of my knowledge, when you are promoted to a rank you start at the first increment for that rank. Eg you were a Corporal on the 3rd increment, when you are promoted to Sergeant you start on the 1st increment. (it may not be the case for graduates, DEs, etc).

There are no increments on tech pay.

Note this is an old document the pay has improved.

Comment

each rank has 4 increments- which increase every year for 4 years

if you are a Cpl on increment 1 and you get promoted Sgt - you go onto Sgts increment 1

etc

interesting to note- those lovely civil servants have 13 increments (correct me if I am wrong on this)

that means that every year for 13 years a Lovely civil servant gets an increase in pay

whilst those disgusting Soldiers only get an increase for 4 years
      Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
      Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
      The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere***
      The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
      The best lack all conviction, while the worst
      Are full of passionate intensity.

Comment

maybe I was promoted a couple of months ago and am now serving away

from the Unit God would join if he could

and just maybe I have another 3.25 years on a shitty increment scheme
        Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
        Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
        The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere***
        The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
        The best lack all conviction, while the worst
        Are full of passionate intensity.

Comment

Civil Service Pay Rates and Increments.

Comment

Originally posted by DeV View Post
            To the best of my knowledge, when you are promoted to a rank you start at the first increment for that rank. Eg you were a Corporal on the 3rd increment, when you are promoted to Sergeant you start on the 1st increment. (it may not be the case for graduates, DEs, etc).

There are no increments on tech pay.

Note this is an old document the pay has improved.
            civil servants are equivalant to officers in grade and dont pay full pension the real good pay starts for them when they make heo grade.the lower grades are paid weekly.and are on a lot less money than the average private,,,

Comment

Cheers lads.
              "Why, it appears that we appointed all of our worst generals to command the armies and we appointed all of our best generals to edit the newspapers. I mean, I found by reading a newspaper that these editor generals saw all of the defects plainly from the start but didn't tell me until it was too late. I'm willing to yield my place to these best generals and I'll do my best for the cause by editing a newspaper"
              Gen. Robert E. Lee

Comment

Working...
              X