Ballymullen Barracks Tralee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ballymullen Barracks Tralee

I might be spending sone time there this year, whats it like? Does it have a gym?
    Everyone who's ever loved you was wrong.

I doubt there's a gym on Bere Island so...

Comment

Originally posted by The real Jack View Post
      I might be spending sone time there this year, whats it like? Does it have a gym?
      forget the gym go out the town and the tralee women will give you plenty of exercise

Comment

There are members of our unit there this week. (Can't tell you why for operational reasons)

The reports that have come back are not good. Anyone thet has been ther in the past couple of years will know how rundown the place was. Well now the place is worse.

No Gym, mess or other recreational area (sauna???????). Using the old mizzen huts for male billets and accomadation block for Officers and females. Portacabin for toilet / shower.

Even the rats and fleas have vacated the place.
        Without supplies no army is brave.

—Frederick the Great,

Instructions to his Generals, 1747

Comment

Not to mention all back in barracks by 23.30 and lights out at 23.59!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
          I'm not a number, I'm a free man.
          Who is number 1?

Comment

Has it no mess at all??? Do any PDF units live there or is it unoccupied for the most of the year?

Comment

So I'm off to the third world again, also known as southern brigade.

Comment

Originally posted by The real Jack View Post
                So I'm off to the third world again, also known as southern brigade.
                And I only highlight the good points!!!

(I say again for the hard of reading.)

most recent intel issued tuesday 3rd july @ 22.00hrs say Mess in Ballymullen Barracks Tralee closed!!!!!

I heard a certain unit comanders provided canned refreshments for sale in the old mess building but this is an unsubstantiated report.

But sure there are lots of pubs that are much nicer
                Without supplies no army is brave.

—Frederick the Great,

Instructions to his Generals, 1747

Comment

Originally posted by luchi View Post
                  Even the rats and fleas have vacated the place.
                  And there was a lot of them there at one stage.
                  "The dolphins were monkeys that didn't like the land, walked back to the water, went back from the sand."

Comment

Lads, it's prime real estate like a lot of other locations dotted around the country. Just wait and see.
                    I'm not a number, I'm a free man.
                    Who is number 1?

Comment

Originally posted by golden rivet View Post
                      forget the gym go out the town and the tralee women will give you plenty of exercise
                      Oh how true. I absofraking lutley love the place, even put up withthe midgies in the woods for the women. Bow chicka wow WOOOW
                      "The Question is not: how far you will take this? The Question is do you possess the constitution to go as far as is needed?"

Comment

Not the best of places to be going on your summer vacation!!!!!!!!! Rat infested, Creepey Crawleys etc. and thats just the people you will be sharing your billett with!!!!!!
                        Ha Ha Ha Ha
                        Lock and load

Comment

Originally posted by ZULU View Post
                          Oh how true. I absofraking lutley love the place, even put up withthe midgies in the woods for the women. Bow chicka wow WOOOW
                          take it as a rise in your learning curve to greater heights that you will tell your grandchildren about your time there,,, 24 cans of dutch gold and a pizza and the place will be heaven , remember you still have a roof over your head....enjoy...

Comment

Originally posted by FMolloy View Post
                            And there was a lot of them there at one stage.
                            only after a certain medics camp.....It was actually proven afterwards that the place was never infested with anything other than what the medics imported.......
                            Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

Originally posted by ZULU View Post
                              there's a nude volleyball court!

Comment

Working...
                              X