Ballymullen Barracks Tralee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by luchi View Post
    It didn't work as in there was a few old sweats that did their usual stunt and extended their time or basically everyone ignored the order?
    The usual people you'd expect to stay out past that time did it....... But there was a few younger folk who stayed out late, especially the last night down there

Comment

Originally posted by HavocIRL View Post
      Spent a week there.

Shithole.
      I second that.

Comment

Originally posted by Hello Alaska View Post
        The usual people you'd expect to stay out past that time did it....... But there was a few younger folk who stayed out late, especially the last night down there
        Ah now, the last nght doesn't count unless you are out so late you miss transport home.
        Without supplies no army is brave.

—Frederick the Great,

Instructions to his Generals, 1747

Comment

that place is hells arse crack it made kilbride look like a palace! ive never considered kilbrides facilities as luxury until i had the tralee experience. The sheds we stayed in were unfit for human (or even rat) occupation. Most annoying part of it all was everytime we the door closed, paint would fall off the ceiling and mess up the room so it never could be clean! very annoying when room is about to be inspected!
          "Many a time a man's mouth broke his nose"

"Don't waste money buying expensive binoculars. Simply stand next to the object you wish to view."

Comment

Originally posted by Duffman View Post
            that place is hells arse crack it made kilbride look like a palace! ive never considered kilbrides facilities as luxury until i had the tralee experience. The sheds we stayed in were unfit for human (or even rat) occupation. Most annoying part of it all was everytime we the door closed, paint would fall off the ceiling and mess up the room so it never could be clean! very annoying when room is about to be inspected!
            There is 1 amenity in one of the billets - the en-suite shower....too bad it only worked when it rained, and was positioned over someone's pillow......

Comment

Those wooden billets were a shambles....... 1 of our lads had 1 of the legs of his bed go through the floor and of course the holes in the window frames. All I can say is........ Thank God for alcohol

Comment

Posh bastards...always cribbing...
                Sex - Breakfast of Champions!

Comment

I am a particular fan of the Facilities in Tralee. The swimming pool, the Sauna/Steamroom, and of course the boxing ring(located between the billets and the swimming pool). Always handy to get rid of the unused agression that builds up during training.

I miss the place. Haven't been there in over three years now.

I will say though that the pistol range could do with a rub of a strimmer, and the parking facilities leave a lot to be desired.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Thank god for the friendly bar across the road......and fabric!!! Part of the window almost fell on one lads head though. luck miss
                    Sir I cant find my peltors........Private they are on your face

Comment

the 11.30 curfew put a serious strain on our adventures to Fabric, a curfew that early that early is fair enough for recruits and 2 stars maybe but a tad harsh on the rest of us. with a lick of paint here and there Ballymullen would be ok for human habitation

Comment

Originally posted by Headzilla View Post
                        the 11.30 curfew put a serious strain on our adventures to Fabric, a curfew that early that early is fair enough for recruits and 2 stars maybe but a tad harsh on the rest of us.
                        Its not a social club.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Originally posted by Hello Alaska View Post
                          Those wooden billets were a shambles....... 1 of our lads had 1 of the legs of his bed go through the floor and of course the holes in the window frames. All I can say is........ Thank God for alcohol
                          so this means the rose of tralee wont stay there this year either,,

Comment

Curfew...lol...when I trained recruits social activites were the least of there worries..keep them busy ..time down gives them time to think....not a good idea?.... isolation and restrictions if only for two weeks builds teamwork.It should be explained or even endorsed that while on recruit or even two to three star training..the Butlins option is no longer an option. They are after all getting paid to be there..having to commit for that time shouldn't be a problem!

Too many bleeding hearts...and not enough bleeding feet!

By the left quick whinge...
                            If you think the commitment level or the restrictions are to hard..maybe you should check out what the job spec is..reserve soldier..rather than social ambassador

If the demon seed and the want for alcohol can't be constrained for two weeks....maybe you need to find another outlet for your social deviances..
                            Last edited by hptmurphy; 14 July 2007, 23:45.
                            Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

"I am a particular fan of the Facilities in Tralee. The swimming pool, the Sauna/Steamroom, and of course the boxing ring(located between the billets and the swimming pool). Always handy to get rid of the unused agression that builds up during training."

And all that before you get through the gates of the place.....
                              Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

Originally posted by hptmurphy View Post
                                Curfew...lol...when I trained recruits social activites were the least of there worries..keep them busy ..time down gives them time to think....not a good idea?.... isolation and restrictions if only for two weeks builds teamwork.It should be explained or even endorsed that while on recruit or even two to three star training..the Butlins option is no longer an option. They are after all getting paid to be there..having to commit for that time shouldn't be a problem!

Too many bleeding hearts...and not enough bleeding feet!

By the left quick whinge...
                                If you think the commitment level or the restrictions are to hard..maybe you should check out what the job spec is..reserve soldier..rather than social ambassador

If the demon seed and the want for alcohol can't be constrained for two weeks....maybe you need to find another outlet for your social deviances..
                                mammy does not treat me like that

Comment

Working...
                                X