Model Kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Model Kit

Does anybody out there know if you can buy model kits for orders or is it a case of making your own - any recommendations?

Protac used to sell them.
    sigpic
    Say NO to violence against Women

Originally posted by hedgehog
    My favourite moment was when the
    Originally posted by hedgehog
    red headed old dear got a smack on her ginger head

Comment

There are a few companies in the UK that do them.

Comment

Originally posted by DeV View Post
        There are a few companies in the UK that do them.
        Such as.......?

Comment

Originally posted by airmanjack View Post
          Does anybody out there know if you can buy model kits for orders or is it a case of making your own - any recommendations?
          Easiest thing to do is make your own.

Print out what you want onto a piece of paper using your computer - RV/Sect 1. FSG etc.

Laminate it and cut out the parts

Buy bits of ribbon, chalk, and those small flags from stationery shops. Find a Tupperware container to put them in. and hey presto!

Problem with getting them from the UK is that they have stuff in them that you don't need (Section Commanders don't need Coy level stuff), or which are not relevant to the Irish DF.

Comment

make your own own ribbon chalk , do something up in paintshop waterproof unless your . officer you only need up to platoon level , ive got a section of tiny plastic soldiers which are good for demos
            "take a look to the sky right before you die, its the last time you will"

Comment

Google is your friend:

All contained in resealable plastic box. Actual contents may vary slightly from that shown in the picture.

Comment

Originally posted by greyfox View Post
                make your own own ribbon chalk , do something up in paintshop waterproof unless your . officer you only need up to platoon level , ive got a section of tiny plastic soldiers which are good for demos
                Demos?

You mean when you get bored on duty more like..

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Monopoly houses and hotels, bits of scrim (to show bushes etc..). Twine to replicate the map grid on the model.

Comment

Originally posted by Docman View Post
                    Easiest thing to do is make your own.

Print out what you want onto a piece of paper using your computer - RV/Sect 1. FSG etc.

Laminate it and cut out the parts

Buy bits of ribbon, chalk, and those small flags from stationery shops. Find a Tupperware container to put them in. and hey presto!

Problem with getting them from the UK is that they have stuff in them that you don't need (Section Commanders don't need Coy level stuff), or which are not relevant to the Irish DF.
                    i second this motion, bright card (the kind they use on special offer signs) that sticky stuff for copy books (it doesnt split like laminate) and you dont need a laminator, these you'll get in easons or any good stationary shop and you can get ribbon i hickeys home focus
                    But there's no danger
                    It's a professional career
                    Though it could be arranged
                    With just a word in Mr. Churchill's ear
                    If you're out of luck you're out of work
                    We could send you to johannesburg.

(Elvis Costello, Olivers Army)

Comment

Originally posted by Goldie fish View Post
                      Demos?

You mean when you get bored on duty more like..
                      yes me and my german section were demoing what i could have been doing if i was not sitting on my bed .
                      "take a look to the sky right before you die, its the last time you will"

Comment

try ebay.
                        Sir I cant find my peltors........Private they are on your face

Comment

another tip, when laminating or using the sticky contact stuff, place 1,2 or a 5c coin on the underside of your tabs. Great job for stopping a gust of wind from lifting them.

Comment

great idea

thats a great idea Infy - those cards try and make a break for it all the time!

Comment

Model Kit

All should be encouraged to make there own Model Kits at the end of the day if you make it yourself you tend to look after it better, but if you are going to buy one DeV's first link is spot on. Ideal for Irish DF

No offence to anyone who uses monoply houses but there are plenty of things found on the ground to use instead and looks really silly, keep your kit basic with whats needed, if you show a little red house your toms will think thats what they should find, use a stone and explain when introducing the model that stones represent houses and they are far more aware. Also no plastic soldiers again a complete misrepresentation, if you need to show positions on the model use your cards from your model kit. If its for teaching formations etc helmets or better still a Mag board if its a training excercise.

Comment

Working...
                              X