No announcement yet.

Des Kelly Furniture Department Champion Stakes results

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't think that any further explanation is required - if anything it'd ruin it

Comment

Sorry, I'm lost too......
      "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

Originally posted by sunnyjim View Post
        Wash that mouth, theres no 'h'...

I think its Des Kelly Carpets up this way in anyways.
        Sorry, but I have said on numerous occasions that I cannot spell!!!
        And its actually in Coolock Ind Est!!!

Originally posted by Joshua
        Trellheim should be taken at gunpoint, placed against a wall and shot for his part in this debacle.

http://www.who-sucks.com/politics/17-fearsome-defense-ministry-logos-from-around-the-world
        Eh whats this???
        Without supplies no army is brave.

—Frederick the Great,

Instructions to his Generals, 1747

Comment

Ahhh come on it's the silly season , look Limerick are in the all Ireland, surely I can make jokes about promotions.
          "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

Now that Capt.-Comdt. promotions have been decided there should be no delay in promoting the fixed term Lt.-Capt.. As these are well over-due.

Congrats. to those who were successful in getting promoted.
            Lock and load

Comment

will they be backdated i wonder [ grumble grumble grumble ] want to join me B20 in the grumbling ?
              "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

There is a difference between the fixed term promotions to Captain which should have occured and an open competition for Captain, where Lts which meet the laid down criteria can apply for a Captains appointment, these would be LTs who have not hit the 15 year mark.

Comment

I know but there are two seperate processes. The fixed term promotions will have to be made before they can advertise for the other type of promotion.

Comment

Proper order after all these guys have done their term. It would'nt be right to open up competition for promotion Lt.-Capt. without the fixed term being promoted first.Then fill the remaining vacancies with open competition.
                    Lock and load

Comment

Originally posted by EL_CAPATIANO View Post
                      Proper order after all these guys have done their term. It would'nt be right to open up competition for promotion Lt.-Capt. without the fixed term being promoted first.Then fill the remaining vacancies with open competition.
                      Just because an officer have done a term of servive doesnt necessarily mean that they should be automatically promoted.

This is half the problem with the RDF - people who fill vacancies that either are not suitable/unqualified and to want to kick back and delegate every job whilst the motivated young Lt. would be better served in the Capt. role.
                      I went into an Italian restaurant and ordered dessert and they gave me tiramisu and a blindfolded horse and I said No, I said mask a pony (mascarpone)

Comment

Originally posted by Liachta Cultaca View Post
                        Just because an officer have done a term of servive doesnt necessarily mean that they should be automatically promoted.

This is half the problem with the RDF - people who fill vacancies that either are not suitable/unqualified and to want to kick back and delegate every job whilst the motivated young Lt. would be better served in the Capt. role.
                        These officers deserve their promotion. Most of these people have give 25yrs plus to the F.C.A. and now the Reserve. Unlike some of the younger officers who you want to promote. The young motivated Lt. is only motivated when there is something in it for himself.
                        Lock and load

Comment

Most of these people have give 25yrs plus to the F.C.A. and now the Reserve.
                          So in your mind, senority should be put ahead of someones capabilities? Nice.

Comment

Regardless of whether the individual deserves the promotion or not the current regulations in force state that provided an officer meets certain criteria (no of annual training attended in the past 5 years and number of satisfactory 451s and was commissioned prior to 1 Oct 05) then they will be promoted to Captain on the completion of 15 years commission. If a captains appointment is not available in the unit they will be held as supernumery and will hold a LTs appointment. The regulation also goes on to say that future vacancies are to be filled by supernumery captains (para 31 R5).

So as the automatic promotions for Captain have been delayed significantly (in most cases through no fault of the officer in question), if current vacancies were filled by competition ahead of the automatic promotions such individuals would have a perfect case for a redress.

Length of service is not an indication of how good or bad you are.

Comment

Originally posted by sunnyjim View Post
                              So in your mind, senority should be put ahead of someones capabilities? Nice.
                              No. Put yourself in the shoes of those waiting on promotion would you like if they opened for competition and maybe some one junior to you got promoted before you.
                              Lock and load

Comment

Originally posted by EL_CAPATIANO View Post
                                No. Put yourself in the shoes of those waiting on promotion would you like if they opened for competition and maybe some one junior to you got promoted before you.
                                you mean like in the real world?
                                You're even dumber than I tell people

You might have been infected but you never were a bore

Comment

Working...
                                X