Swords Report.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Swords Report.

Need a favour folks.Would any of you be able to post a link or email me a copy of the swords report?I have been trying to get my paws on it for a while and have drawn a blank.
    if you can p.m me and i will give you my email address.Thanks.
    "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Was that the original PWC paper ?
    "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

Dunno:confused:
      "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

It think it was the first report on the reorg of the RDF, not sure though.

Comment

It's on military.ie under Publications.
          Cry "havoc!", and let slip the dogs of war!

Comment

Have confirmed see the Swords Report were the recommendations for the reorg of the RDF. It is not available in the public domain AFAIK (the publication on military.ie is the final report of RDFRIP - it is not the Swords Report).

Comment

apod PM me your email I think I have what you need.
              "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

I stand corrected.
                Cry "havoc!", and let slip the dogs of war!

Comment

Trellheim,thanks for that mate.Much obliged but i think what you sent me was the document that Dev was on about.But hey thanks for taking the time anyway.Sound

Comment

Working...
                  X