Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Officers Uniform

Hi all,

Just a quick question Im curious about.. have all reserve officers been issued with flat caps and Sam Brown belts at this stage?

Will this be the standard issue number one uniform for reserve officers going forward?

RDF officers don't get issued any items of Service Dress. They are issued an allowance.

Sam Browne belts (personally bought) are allowed. Many units make them compulsory for certain parades. The only headdress worn by RDF officers and SNCOs in SD is the Glengarry (black band for cav, green for remainder).

Comment

Originally posted by Dougal View Post
      Hi all,

Just a quick question Im curious about.. have all reserve officers been issued with flat caps and Sam Brown belts at this stage?

Will this be the standard issue number one uniform for reserve officers going forward?
      dont open the box pandora

dont open the box
      Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
      Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
      The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere***
      The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
      The best lack all conviction, while the worst
      Are full of passionate intensity.

Comment

Originally posted by Barry View Post
        RDF officers don't get issued any items of Service Dress. They are issued an allowance.

Sam Browne belts (personally bought) are allowed. Many units make them compulsory for certain parades. The only headdress worn by RDF officers and SNCOs in SD is the Glengarry (black band for cav, green for remainder).
        Barry, these two sentences seem to contradict each other.

The first one says that commissioned RDF officers are permitted to wear the Sam
        Browne belt, but it is "personally bought". The second one says that "Many units make
        them compulsory for certain parades"

How can an item of uniform be compulsory for wear if it is not issued?
        "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

The Sam Browne has to be bought by the individual officer.....but I've heard of more than one adjutant telling officers to have a Sam Browne for a certain parade.

Comment

If they somehow end up with Caps........ I'm hunting down every single member of RDFRA responsible for getting them made available.

Comment

Originally posted by Hello Alaska View Post
              If they somehow end up with Caps........ I'm hunting down every single member of RDFRA responsible for getting them made available.
              why

Comment

Cause there's no bloody need for them...... Or for RDFRA to even think of pushing for them. The fact they got their lovely little swords and Sam Browne's is a joke in itself.

It's about time those tossers start doing stuff that will benefit the whole of the Reserves....... Rather than a few Officers that want to look pretty with their No. 1's on

Comment

What have I done...

Comment

Nothing to do with me

I am in a different organisation

Comment

I know.

I may have to try stir the masses....... Or at least get some of the lads to withdraw their RDFRA memberships till they get their shite together.

Comment

Should I ... you know you want to ... you do you know.

Barry is incorrect. Officers do not get issued superfine trousers or tunic or a Sam and must purchase them and recoup the cost via the annual allowance.

However, the rest of the uniform [ shoes, Glengarry, etc ] is issued by the DF.

This has always been the case except for the Sam Brownes which were last year's gift from the DF.

The previous thread caused a large amount of discussion here on IMO and can be found easily by searching. Every time it is reopened [ as it is being touched on here ] , it causes some dissent.

The issues in dissent are easy to find. Have a read and come back to us

As for compulsory parades, the Adj lays down the parade for ceremonials and if no SB then don't turn up or scab one off a brother officer not so caught.
                        "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

Originally posted by Hello Alaska View Post
                          If you want to achieve that, attend your next sub-unit meeting and get the members to instruct your delegate to vote against any such motion in the future, or better still become a rep and vote against it yourself.

Comment

Do you know what taking up Hello Alaska's sentiment maybe all reservists should wear an L plate on their back, just in case they get confused with our pemanent bretherin, and when an NCO or Officer signs his/her name to something they should put mock-ee-ah after their rank (the Cork guys know that this means), after all they are not real ranks anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Bravo20 View Post
                              when an NCO or Officer signs his/her name to something they should put mock-ee-ah after their rank (the Cork guys know that this means), after all they are not real ranks anyway.
                              They are supposed to by (A.R.) or (N.S.R.) after it already.

Comment

Working...
                              X