Officers Uniform

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bravo20 View Post
    Do you know what taking up Hello Alaska's sentiment maybe all reservists should wear an L plate on their back, just in case they get confused with our pemanent bretherin, and when an NCO or Officer signs his/her name to something they should put mock-ee-ah after their rank (the Cork guys know that this means), after all they are not real ranks anyway.
    Don't even ****ing start with that bollox.

How about instead of worrying about trying to get the Officers looking the same as the Regs....... You do something that will benefit the rest of the ****ing Reserve, ya know the lads that won't have any use for Caps, Swords or any other little shiny bits ya might be focused on getting a hold of.

Comment

Lads I only meant to look for the information as to whether reserve officers now wear the cap and belt all the time.

A relative is an ex reserve officer and was curious.

I didnt ask or mean to start a war over it.

I can take it then that the use of Sam Browne belts and the caps are unit/occasion specific and are not S.O.P. for reserve officers.

I think I have all the info I need.

Comment

Actually getting our officers to look like the regs is a big leap forward in the recognition of the RDF as a worthwhile organisation.

The things you sneer about, sam brown etc, are trivual but they say "we are the same".

If PDF officers start to treat RDF officers the same then PDF NCO will follow suit and slowly it will filter down.

Who got rid of the old Bomber Jackets and then Pink epulettes?
        Do you think that was a private?
        Who got the working dress and combat uniforms? Who got us the DPM?

Or are you to young to know about any of this.
        Without supplies no army is brave.

—Frederick the Great,

Instructions to his Generals, 1747

Comment

So you honestly think that getting Officers SB belts ranks higher on the RDF priority list than operational problems like enforcing fitness standards accross the board?
          "I have never accepted what many people have kindly said, namely that I inspired the Nation. It was the nation and the race dwelling around the globe that had the lion heart. I had the luck to be called upon to give the roar"
          - Sir Winston Churchill, Speech Nov. 1954.

Comment

Did I say that?????

But the thread is about officer uniforms not all the other stuff.

I know plenty of officers that constantlty battle for enforcing fitness standards accross the board. Just because the DF gave them a carrot doesn't stop them looking for what they want.

As any manager in civvi street knows you must look after your staff to get the job done.
            Last edited by luchi; 27 August 2007, 15:09.

—Frederick the Great,

Comment

Oh the box is well open now... and we're off again...

again, to clear up a possible inaccuracy to Dougal. Sam Browne's are now normal SD#1 for officers.
              "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

Originally posted by trellheim View Post
                Oh the box is well open now... and we're off again...

again, to clear up a possible inaccuracy to Dougal. Sam Browne's are now normal SD#1 for officers.

Sorry.. I didnt think that the worms would break out of the can like this.

So.. Sam Browne's are SD1 for reserve officers. The caps are not?

I know a few officers in units in Dublin and Cork who have the caps already and are waiting on the orders to wear them. By the sound of things they were a waste because that order might be a long time coming!

Comment

Officer Uniform No1

The No 1 Dress for Officers is
                  Glengarry Cap (Black Ribbon for Cav & Green for all other Corps units)
                  Tunic & Slacks
                  Brown Shoes
                  Sam Browne Bel
                  t
                  Shirt & Tie
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by goc132; 27 August 2007, 15:34.

Comment

Originally posted by luchi View Post
                    Actually getting our officers to look like the regs is a big leap forward in the recognition of the RDF as a worthwhile organisation.

The things you sneer about, sam brown etc, are trivual but they say "we are the same".

If PDF officers start to treat RDF officers the same then PDF NCO will follow suit and slowly it will filter down.

Who got rid of the old Bomber Jackets and then Pink epulettes?
                    Do you think that was a private?
                    Who got the working dress and combat uniforms? Who got us the DPM?

Or are you to young to know about any of this.
                    And remind me again........ How long ago was it that RDFRA got us the DPM?

How about you show me something that they've done recently that will benefit all ranks....... And don't attempt to mention increased grat.

The fact that anyone is even trying to defend RDFRA being intent on "getting our officers to look like the regs" is a joke........ I though the whole point of RDFRA existing was to benefit the whole Reserve?

Perfect example was at the Delegate Conference...... Someone proposed a motion that was along the lines of opening up the items of the PDF scale of issue like Operational Boots etc. to be available for purchase by members of the Reserve(A move which would've benefited everyone). Immediately it was shot down with the usual shite of "If we do this, then we'll never get enything etc.". So instead of giving us the option to buy good kit at what would most likely be a reasonable price, they'd rather let us pay ridiculous prices for Tac Boots, Webbing and anything else we may need. Now we've to fork out silly prices for any kit we may need while we wait for RDFRA to gain it's next great victory

But when it comes to Officers wanting to buy stuff it's grand........ Cause it'll help them "look like the Regs"
                    Last edited by Hello Alaska; 27 August 2007, 15:44.

Comment

to clarify before HA has a haemorrhage.

Officers both PDF and RDF have ALWAYS had to provide themselves with a tunic and slacks. This is nothing to do with RDFRA

Comment

I wasn't talking about tunics or slacks.

I was talking about Sam Browes, swords and the thought of RDFRA pushing for Caps.
                        Last edited by Hello Alaska; 27 August 2007, 16:08.

Comment

Ah yes thats so true, RDFRA does not want you to buy the stuff the DF should be giving you free!!!

The negotiations about kit have been going on for years. The aim of RDFRA is and always has been that all enlisted men should issued what they need to do the job.

So without talking of grat.
                          Up untill recently all RDF weekends and field days were unpaid.
                          When payment started it was only for 3 or more days now each day is paid
                          Friday Night to Sunday only counted as 2 days. Now its 3
                          24 hour duty was only a days pay now its 2

The last of these changes came into effect a couple of months ago.

Now I know you have a bee in your bonnet about the RDFRA so why not take up your critisms in the RDFRA thread or start your own "Bash RDFRA" thread. This one is about slacks tunics and all other uniform parts

—Frederick the Great,

Comment

1. ffs field days are not paid unless approval is granted. The majority of field days are unpaid.
                            2. where was the R5 change for that Friday to Sunday thing and is that for Pay purposes or non-effective strength retention ?

3. Does the 24 hr sec. duty 2-dayer apply to On-Camp Guards or PDF assistance

aaaaghhhhh where's my RDFRA Communications thread ..... !!!!!

Comment

Me again.. Belt and Cap Man.

How come some officers got the flat cap and some didnt?

Comment

Originally posted by Dougal View Post
                                Me again.. Belt and Cap Man.

How come some officers got the flat cap and some didnt?
                                Some would have bought them personally. But they're not allowed wear them.

Comment

Working...
                                X