Officers Uniform

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Barry View Post
    Some would have bought them personally. But they're not allowed wear them.
    Gotcha. I didnt think they could be bought privately. I wonder will the day come when they will be worn by RDF.

Comment

Ah yes thats so true, RDFRA does not want you to buy the stuff the DF should be giving you free!!!
      Regardless of how you feel on the issue, you know we won't get issued that stuff....... So therefore, why not open a channel which would at least open up the option of purchasing the equipment we need from the DF? Rather than having to go out and pay silly prices for our equipment?

But I suppose, if RDFRA want us to get issued stuff instead of buying it....... They'll let us wait a few years while they try get somewhere on the issue and in the meantime we'll spend money anyway

So without talking of grat.
      Up untill recently all RDF weekends and field days were unpaid.
      When payment started it was only for 3 or more days now each day is paid
      Friday Night to Sunday only counted as 2 days. Now its 3
      24 hour duty was only a days pay now its 2
      I've been on weekends that have been unpaid? I've never been paid 2 days pay for a 24 hour guard?
      Last edited by Hello Alaska; 27 August 2007, 17:57.

Comment

my point exactly someone is s**tstirring.
        "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

Originally posted by Dougal View Post
          Me again.. Belt and Cap Man.

How come some officers got the flat cap and some didnt?
          If by the flat cap you mean the peaked cap, well it was because they were ****ing idiots.

Comment

Articles Initial Issue Notional period of replacement for the purpose of assessing charges for loss or damage through neglect.
            Apron Cook (a)** 3, 1 Year
            Apron, Field Heavy Duty (a)** 2, 3 Years
            Arm/Leg Band, High Visibilty 2, 3 Years
            Badges, Cap No 21A 1, 5 Years
            Badges, Collar (b) 2, 5 Years
            Bag Clothing, No. 32B 1, 7 Years
            Belt No. 26A Waist 1, 3 Years
            Beret 6G 1, 2 Years
            Beret No. 9 Red (c) 1 2 Years
            Blouses No. 11 (Walking Out Dress) (b)** 2, 2 Years
            Boots, Ceremonial (b) 1, 5 Years
            Boots, Barrack Light Operational 1, 5 Years
            Boots, Operational (d) 1, 5 Years
            Boots Operational Safe Toe(e) 1, 5 Years
            Caps, Cook (a)** 3, 1 Year
            Cap Glengarry No.35a 1, 3 Years
            Cap No. 29B (b)(c) 1, 4 Years
            Cap with badge (f) 1, 5 Years
            Ear Defender 1, 1 Year
            Ear Defender Peltor 1, 5 Years
            Field Dressing (g) 1, 2 Years
            Gloves, Black Leather (b) 1, 5 Years
            Gloves, Brown (f) 1, 5 Years
            Gloves, Oven (a) 2, 1 Year
            Gloves, Woolen 1, 3 Years
            Jacket, Cook (a)** 3, 1 Year
            Lanyard, Red (b)(c) 1, 5 Years
            Lanyard, White (b) 1, 5 Years
            Rank Markings, Sets (f) 1, 5 Years
            Rank Markings (Sliders) Field Dress 2, 3 Years
            Scarves, Cook (a)** 3, 1 Year
            Shirt, No. 18A (b) 2, 2 Years
            Shirt, DPM 2 1 Year
            Shirt, Norwegian 1, 3 Years
            Shoes, Brown (f) 1, 5 Years
            Smock, DPM 1, 3 Years
            Socks, Light/Heavy Green Pairs (h)** 3, 1 Year
            Tab Name Green Cloth 3, N/A
            Thermal Pants (d)** 1, 2 Years
            Thermal Top, L/Sleeve (d)** 1, 2 Years
            Tie, No. 9 (b) 1, 5 Years
            Trousers, Cook (a)* 3, 1 Year
            Trousers, No. 3A (b) 1, 5 Years
            Trousers, No. 125 (b) 1, 5 Years
            Trousers, DPM 2, 1 Year
            Tunic, No. 3a (b) 1, 5 Years
            Tunic No. 161 with Cloth Belt & Buckle (b) 1, 5 Years
            T-Shirt 2, 1 Year
            T-Shirt, White (a)** 3, 1 Year
            Wet Suits (j) - NIL

(a) Issues to Cooks.
            (b) For issue after 18 months Service.
            (c) Issues to Military Police.
            (d) Issues to personnel engaged in courses approved by DDFT, incorporating a minimum of seventy-two (72) hours tactical training and organised field/tactical exercises in excess of seventy-two (72) hours duration where personnel of the Reserve Defence Forces are deployed. Issues shall NOT be made to Administration Personnel.
            (e) For issue to personnel of the Artillery and Engineer Corps who are actively engaged in fieldwork, where foot protection is considered necessary.
            (f) For issue to Officers, Battalion/Regimental Sergeant Majors and Battalion/Regimental Quatermaster Sergeants.
            (g) A replacement issue may, on the certificate of the Officer Commanding, be made at public expense to a person who expends the field dressing in rendering first aid.
            (h) Issues in any Combination.
            (j) Each formation shall hold a contingency stock of five hundred (500) wet suits and Defence Forces Training Authority a contingency stock of sixty (60) wet suits to facilitate training and operational manoeuvres. Wet suits shall be issued on a temporary basis to the individual reservist and returned to the contingency stock for appropriate cleaning and future issue.

** These issues shall be disposed of on a personal basis when worn and shall not be returned to Designated Unit Stores.

See above scale of issue. Who here has had everything on that list issued to them?

Who here feels that if he had everything on that list issued to him he would be able to operate effectively?

Now, who here thinks that RDFRA should ask the military to charge reservists for its uniform and equipment instead of giving them what they need for their job?

Comment

Trousers, No. 3A (b) 1, 5 Years
              Trousers, No. 125 (b) 1, 5 Years

Tunic, No. 3a (b) 1, 5 Years
              Tunic No. 161 with Cloth Belt & Buckle (b) 1, 5 Years

What's the difference between the 2 types of tunic and trousers? I'll guess that one of them is the No1 set (probably Tunic No.161 and Trousers No.125), but what are the other ones?

Comment

Originally posted by Hello Alaska View Post
                R
                I've been on weekends that have been unpaid? I've never been paid 2 days pay for a 24 hour guard?
                I've been paid a weeks camp for two 24 hour guard dutys, it was over new years though if that makes a difference.

Comment

Originally posted by Bravo20 View Post

Now, who here thinks that RDFRA should ask the military to charge reservists for its uniform and equipment instead of giving them what they need for their job?
                  So, instead of trying to reach some sort of compromise........ You'd rather be stubborn and leave Reservists having to spend over the odds?

Comment

is someone on a stirring mission tonight ... is it the weather or what ?

where are you going with this alaska ? < note I'm not an RDFRA committee member .. I have my own axes to grind >

1. Purchasing Items On Repayment according to the regs is only possible if you are deficient in Kit and ordered to make good the difference yourself.

2. If, perchance, < and this is a change in my own thinking > there were 5000 DPM shirts available in the stores , should they be available for issue and for purchase ?
                    Let us say they are available for purchase ... so someone with cash can buy 4900 of them and then resell them at double the price

The more prosaic answer is that there's nothing in the stores to issue, If there were it would be issued.
                    "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

For Years RDFRA has been chasing the DF for all uniforms and with some success these items were achieved. As everyone knows nothing happens overnight when public money has to be spent.
                      The RDFRA bashers give me a pain, they don’t want to get involved as they might have to put themselves out these people are pathetic, GROW UP.

Comment

Where is this myth coming from that the RDFRA got us Clothing?

Name one item of clothing that I wouldn't have got if it wasn't for the RDFRA?

Don't say DPMs. That was an economic decision by the DoD, Cheaper than the OG stuff.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Originally posted by trellheim View Post
                          2. If, perchance, < and this is a change in my own thinking > there were 5000 DPM shirts available in the stores , should they be available for issue and for purchase ?
                          Let us say they are available for purchase ... so someone with cash can buy 4900 of them and then resell them at double the price
                          Oh dear that is one of the arguements that was used at the RDFRA conference.

The other arguement was that the Department could addopt the attitude that if RDF pers want to buy kit thats great. Lets just scrap issuing the kit and any of you boys that want to play soldiers can buy alll the gear you want.

I will extend that thinking to the Gov could save money by charging for the pleasure of doing tactics etc just like the people running airsoft and paintball.
                          Without supplies no army is brave.

—Frederick the Great,

Instructions to his Generals, 1747

Comment

Originally posted by Goldie fish View Post
                            Where is this myth coming from that the RDFRA got us Clothing?

Name one item of clothing that I wouldn't have got if it wasn't for the RDFRA?

Don't say DPMs. That was an economic decision by the DoD, Cheaper than the OG stuff.
                            It was an economic decision all right. But if the DOD had their way, like hwen the WD and new tunic came out, you would have had to wait untill you were due an issue. Also the scale of issue was negotiated. The original issue was supposed to last something like 5 years.
                            Last edited by luchi; 27 August 2007, 20:52.

—Frederick the Great,

Comment

Originally posted by luchi View Post
                              Oh dear that is one of the arguements that was used at the RDFRA conference.

The other arguement was that the Department could addopt the attitude that if RDF pers want to buy kit thats great. Lets just scrap issuing the kit and any of you boys that want to play soldiers can buy alll the gear you want.

I will extend that thinking to the Gov could save money by charging for the pleasure of doing tactics etc just like the people running airsoft and paintball.
                              Where in this thread did I ever say we should be able to buy issue clothing? Yes, I mentioned the scale of issue but never leaned towards clothing.

I'm talking about stuff you will have to buy, because you will flat out not get issued them with the Reserves. So as I've said already, you can shite on all you want about "If we do that, then we'll never get stuff" but that isn't any use to me or the other lads in my unit or any other unit in the mean time!

Like I've said already, instead of wanting to come to some sort of compromise that would open up the option to get kit for a reasonable price........ They just want to dig their heels in and hope for a result in a few years. Regardless of what it means for everyone else.

As for charging for tactics etc all I'll say is........ Cop the **** on.

Comment

Originally posted by Hello Alaska View Post
                                Where in this thread did I ever say we should be able to buy issue clothing? Yes, I mentioned the scale of issue but never leaned towards clothing.

I'm talking about stuff you will have to buy, because you will flat out not get issued them with the Reserves. So as I've said already, you can shite on all you want about "If we do that, then we'll never get stuff" but that isn't any use to me or the other lads in my unit or any other unit in the mean time!

Like I've said already, instead of wanting to come to some sort of compromise that would open up the option to get kit for a reasonable price........ They just want to dig their heels in and hope for a result in a few years. Regardless of what it means for everyone else.
                                Thats not true. They have been pushing for all that stuff for years. The Df say they can't issue it as they only have a budget for the issue stuff that is required on a year on year basis. So the RDFRA say issue it.

Now if the DF say they don't have it then who is going to sell it to you at this knock down price? In the days before issued combats you had 2 choices to buy gear. From the PDF lads at a reasonable price or Army Bragains and an inflated price. For years the DOD argued there was no need to issue FCA with combats. This is what you want to go back to?

As for charging for tactics etc all I'll say is........ Cop the **** on.
                                Why is that so far fetched. People pay for paintball etc. Whats the difference?
                                (Oh we think you're serving your country not playing games)
                                If the DF invested in Styre look alikes why wouldn't it be possible to charge people for the pleasure of running around in DPM in "simulated battle conditions". Its a growing sport.

—Frederick the Great,

Comment

Working...
                                X