Irish Desert DPMs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Irish Desert DPMs

Nice photo of the new issue Desert DPM's in August issue of An Cosantoir. Can somebody post a pic, I don't have a scanner....................OSOK

So they do exist.
    Dr. Venture: Why is it every time I need to get somewhere, we get waylaid by jackassery?

Dr. Venture: Dean, you smell like a whore

Comment

The Swedes were getting them for their EU Battlegroup troops, so presumably we had to do likewise. Either that or it's (very) forward planning for Global Warming...

Comment

Originally posted by fiannoglach View Post
        Nice photo of the new issue Desert DPM's in August issue of An Cosantoir. Can somebody post a pic, I don't have a scanner....................OSOK
        OK.so!
        Attached Files

Comment

Haven't received that issue yet. Only got July's so far.

Comment

Originally posted by Test Pilot View Post
            OK.so!
            very chic (or should that be sheik)
            Last edited by turbocalves; 1 September 2007, 21:56. Reason: i cant spell
            But there's no danger
            It's a professional career
            Though it could be arranged
            With just a word in Mr. Churchill's ear
            If you're out of luck you're out of work
            We could send you to johannesburg.

(Elvis Costello, Olivers Army)

Comment

An ID Photo would look interesting

Comment

Originally posted by goc132 View Post
                An ID Photo would look interesting
                Yes, I agree! I saw a Sheik gentleman and his wife passing through Stansted recently. His wife was in the full burqa and he had the full rig including a turban. The thought came to mind that it must have been interesting, or embarrassing, when they came to the security check point.

Comment

I note the Cosaintoir pic has every headgear under the sun. Surely all should wear the beret for the duration of the mission.

Comment

Does this mean they've got rid of the old U.S. chocolate chip style one's?

Comment

Picture?

Comment

this is turning into the thread on the protac site about the desert DPM's,and still no picture.
                        Don't stand there GAWPING, like you've never seen the hand of God BEFORE!!

Comment

Originally posted by Test Pilot View Post
                          Yes, I agree! I saw a Sheik gentleman and his wife passing through Stansted recently. His wife was in the full burqa and he had the full rig including a turban. The thought came to mind that it must have been interesting, or embarrassing, when they came to the security check point.

Sheiks don't wear Turbans. And the wives of sikhs don't wear Burquas either. So I guess it was just a random foreigner that you saw.

Originally posted by Kieran View Post
                          Does this mean they've got rid of the old U.S. chocolate chip style one's?
                          They went six months after they were introduced.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Haven't seen the picture in An Cosantóir yet, but I was watching the coverage on the news of the British Army's 'withdrawal' to Basra Airport, and it struck me once again that any kind of DPM seems unnecessary in that environment. A plain khaki would seem to be most suitable.

Comment

so is this new Desert DPM Paddyflage pattern in desert colours??
                              What are you cackling at, fatty? Too much pie, that's your problem.

Comment

Working...
                              X