Special Olympics - 4 Years On !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Special Olympics - 4 Years On !

Already ! I found my green t-shirt last night ...

Thinks - hadn't we just got our DPMs then ?
    "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Yes we had.

But the drivers all had to wear No1s
    Without supplies no army is brave.

—Frederick the Great,

Instructions to his Generals, 1747

Comment

And STILL no medal!
      Meh.

Comment

Originally posted by luchi View Post
        But the drivers all had to wear No1s
        Really? They actually enforced that part of the Driver's Standing Orders!?

NTM
        Driver, tracks, troops.... Drive and adjust!!

Comment

The driver's were driving Toyota Cars (one of the sponsrs) and transporting VIPs. Not all had AF154's. Pictures were published in An Cosantoir and Connect around that time.
          "Fellow-soldiers of the Irish Republican Army, I have just received a communication from Commandant Pearse calling on us to surrender and you will agree with me that this is the hardest task we have been called upon to perform during this eventful week, but we came into this fight for Irish Independence in obedience to the commands of our higher officers and now in obedience to their wishes we must surrender. I know you would, like myself, prefer to be with our comrades who have already fallen in the fight - we, too, should rather die in this glorious struggle than submit to the enemy." Volunteer Captain Patrick Holahan to 58 of his men at North Brunswick Street, the last group of the Four Courts Garrison to surrender, Sunday 30 April 1916.

Comment

Yes they actually did enforce DSO uniform code. Although we were driving civvi vehicles.

We even got shoes issued............in all my years they are the only thing that I was ever oficiallynissued that was not (and still isn't) on the FCA(RDF) scale of issue.

—Frederick the Great,

Comment

How does every thread turn into a sob story! I never got issued a .....
              WARNING: Consumption of alcohol may lead you to believe that ex-lovers are really dying for you to ring them at 4am!!

Comment

NO sob story here.

Those of us that did the Sp Olympics worked hard and IMO did an excellent job.

I am sure there were many people waiting for us to screw up but we showed that the members were willing to do what it takes to get the job done.

I am sure that many other organisations are using the example of the SpO to show how Ireland is capable of running a complicated multi-centred international event.

—Frederick the Great,

Comment

Does anyone know if the Chineese Soldiers workin on the special olympics

are getting a medal
                  Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
                  Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
                  The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere***
                  The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
                  The best lack all conviction, while the worst
                  Are full of passionate intensity.

Comment

Havn't heard but they will be getting a red comono.

Any one else get the Chineese welcome pack?

—Frederick the Great,

Comment

thanks

Thanks lads, doesn't look like it's on anywhere near me.....the joys of living in the "Lone Star State".

On an unrelated note, got my next assignment, Operations Officer for a newly formed Reconaissance Squadron. It's one of these new units as part of Army transformation. We'll have two Cavalry Troops, an Airborne LRS Co and a HQ Troop. it was supposed to be flagged as an Infantry Bn, but apparently the Army has decided we have to be Cavalry. Could be worse, at least it's not an Armour unit......still it'll be good to be part of something new as we will be starting more or less form scrtach. The unit was an Armour Bn and gets reflagged next month. Most of the old tankers have left, so we'll be rebuilding. At least we'll have the LRSC to keep us in Infantry land.

Cheers,

A

Comment

Any idea what the medal could look like.

Comment

Working...
                        X