Individual attitudes in the DF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hptmurphy View Post

...em I'd reconsider calling the CoS a 'whore' I reckon he still possess's the ability to kick the shite out of you!
    He punched me in the arm before...... I've declared war on him!

Comment

Originally posted by GoneToTheCanner View Post
      hi there
      A couple of sub-points seem to have sprung up here: a guy telling another to eff off, cos yer only baggers,etc needs a toe in the hole.It's just plain unwarranted rudeness, regardless of uniform or rank and it just radiates chippiness...
      You know what they say about it only taking one rotten apple. However after having my moan I must admit that I reckon that if you just give the guy a "toein the hole" he becomes even more disgruntled and then affects all his mates. Next time , instead of one "I hate RDFer" you have all his mates too.

as for the DROPs vehicles, if all are needed for the next day, then surely a mechanism exists to let the RDF guys know that the vehicles are unavailable, well in advance, so that they aren't wasting their time looking for them.I believe that new-fangled comms device, the telephone, is readily available, even in the Transport Duty Office.It wouldn't cost anyone any sweat to ring the RDF unit OC and let him know that the vehicles are wanted for the next day and are not allowed out to play
      Thats not necessary!! If the Certain Officer (Capt Z) popped into the detail office on his was from his CBB office to his MKB office he would have full info. After all he is the one that signed the req!!

doesn't interfere with any RDFers god-given right ot play with Big Army toys.
      I don't think there is any right god given or otherwise but it is in everyones interest that more of the reserve get trained on the larger vehicles and the recovery.

As I said currently the OS duty is covered by us. Long term the recovery and duty mechanic will be also covered. If we are not trained that can't happen.

HA aren't you trying for the PDF?
      Calling your prospective boss a "whore" isn't the best way to start out!!

And anyway going over seas is easy........try Ryanair!!!!!!!!!!!
      Last edited by luchi; 2 October 2007, 14:40.
      Without supplies no army is brave.

—Frederick the Great,

Instructions to his Generals, 1747

Comment

Originally posted by luchi View Post
        HA aren't you trying for the PDF?
        Calling your prospective boss a "whore" isn't the best way to start out!!

And anyway going over seas is easy........try Ryanair!!!!!!!!!!!
        I am indeed...... I haven't told him he's a whore yet though

And I hate Ryanair.

Comment

hi there
          A couple of sub-points seem to have sprung up here: a guy telling another to eff off, cos yer only baggers,etc needs a toe in the hole.
          Agreed. Although it sounds a little unlikely. Remind me, did this guy actually say those exact words or did he just say No?

...as for the DROPs vehicles, if all are needed for the next day, then surely a mechanism exists to let the RDF guys know that the vehicles are unavailable,
          There is also a mechanism for requisitioning transport . If a driver is in possession of a signed req and a duty order then the relevant vehicle is available to him. Otherwise it isn't.
          sigpic
          Say NO to violence against Women

Originally posted by hedgehog
          My favourite moment was when the
          Originally posted by hedgehog
          red headed old dear got a smack on her ginger head

Comment

Originally posted by Groundhog View Post
            Agreed. Although it sounds a little unlikely. Remind me, did this guy actually say those exact words or did he just say No?
            Actual conversation/event
            RDF Sgt "How's it going. Are you the OS, we have 7 vehicles to fill."
            PDF Pte "Yeah well the OS left the keys with me and he's not here.
            RDF Sgt "Right do you know when he'll be back?"
            PDF Pte "No, I'm not his f-ing keeper"
            RDF Sgt "Any chance you can give us the keys and 441?
            PDF Pte "F**k off I don't give the keys to you lot"

RDF Sgt pissed off by this last comment puicks up phone and dials own CO, who just happens to be PDF mans CO.

RDF Sgt "Sir there is no one here to fill us, Pte X is here but says he won't"
            Hands phone to Pte X " your CO wants to talk to you"

There is also a mechanism for requisitioning transport . If a driver is in possession of a signed req and a duty order then the relevant vehicle is available to him. Otherwise it isn't.
            Although that is the army proceedure there are two points that you have neglected.
            Firstly if a vehicle is to be used within barracks it does not have to be booked out and so no combined doc will be drawn. (Req and duty order are now one doc). It is at the Tpt officers discression to make the vehicles available.
            Secondly as GTTC says if the req is refused for what ever reason the requesting officer is informed.

I don't know why what happened happened with the DROPs but you would think when the officer with responsibility for the vehicle tells you to go and get the keys and carry on your class that he would then tell the duty NCO that you were entitled to do so?

—Frederick the Great,

Comment

If the DROPS were only to be out for a few hours & were refilled there wouldn't (shouldn't)be a problem even if they are needed the next day.

Comment

Originally posted by DeV View Post
                If the DROPS were only to be out for a few hours & were refilled there wouldn't (shouldn't)be a problem even if they are needed the next day.
                there would have been more fuel used going to the pump then for the purpose of the class.
                Everyone knows that there should have been no problem but for some reason there was but that happens and there is nothing you can do about it.

But the DROPs issue is seperate to the issue to the one of the pte that thinks an NCO doesn't deserve any degree of polite answer because he is RDF!
                And by the way the reason the Sgt Knew the Pte had the keys is that there was a vehicle from the cav filling up when we arrived. Said Pte had no problem with the trooper having the keys!!
                Last edited by luchi; 3 October 2007, 00:35.

—Frederick the Great,

Comment

Thats cos the trooper was wearing the right kind of hat, obviously. (One advantage cav have)

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Except, of course, in the east, where the PDF cav (as they are supposed to) wear a red patch behind their capbadge

Comment

Not all of them. Only a minority. The red patch is gone for years. Its not in the dress regulations. It was another thing the PDF came up with to be special. 2 Cav were the only unit that wore it. Anyone elsewhere that wears it usually served with 2 cav at some stage.

The rest of the Corps are quite happy to wear the regulation headgear.

Comment

Not totally correct, some of your own PDF cadre wear the red patch but have never served with two cav.
                        Some who served full time FCA during the seventies wear it.Simple as the Glengarries are not issued with the red patch anymore so those who wear it are merely carrying on their own tradition which outside of 2cav. Seems to be reserved for cadre staff only.
                        Last edited by hptmurphy; 3 October 2007, 22:12.
                        Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

Ah he's special...

Comment

you meet ignorant people in all walks of life and generally i have found the PDF more then helpfully of course there are exceptions which P****ed me off big time but i put the fact down to them being an asshole ,, met quite few assholes in the RDF too ..
                            "take a look to the sky right before you die, its the last time you will"

Comment

I don't think it was necessary to look at the cap badge. I'm sure everyone in CBB would assume the trooper to be PDF.

—Frederick the Great,

Comment

Ah he's special...
                                I never mentioned an individual....
                                Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

Working...
                                X