Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Living with the USP (Split from Pistol Poll)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You and Goldie apparently
    I agreed with sticking by the book on the statement .

Because of the inherent possibility of somebody trying something from outside the realms of the written official type document on the weapon I would merely suggest that deviating from the manual is not the best practise in this case.

It might be safe in theory and even in practise but I certainly wouldn't be giving credence to alternatives to what the DF accepts as best practise especially in light of the possibilties of what I have witnessed by some who are alledgedly supposed to lead by example.

Or maybe I'm getting boring in my old age ...but the imortality mode is begining to wear out a bit...
    Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

• Originally posted by kermit
      Please don't judge them all by those stupid enough to add a hole to the floor.
      Or in the roof as was the case with a certain female...

Comment

• Originally posted by hptmurphy View Post
        Because of the inherent possibility of somebody trying something from outside the realms of the written official type document on the weapon I would merely suggest that deviating from the manual is not the best practise in this case...
        I agree, but, as you say, the manual doesn't mention thumb cocking.
        sigpic
        Say NO to violence against Women

Originally posted by hedgehog
        My favourite moment was when the
        Originally posted by hedgehog
        red headed old dear got a smack on her ginger head

Comment

• Please don't judge them all by those stupid enough to add a hole to the floor
          The incidents I refer to were at an actual range practise and not an 'indoor event' where some body obviously hadn't read the manual or even opened the book.

The incidents you are thinking of were BAP related and resultant of someone using a loaded magazine to let the slide go forward after removing it to check the breech was clear..replacing the magazine in order to let the slide forward..and firing the action without realising they had chambered around by leting the slide go forward with a magazine in situ

Then deciding to release the action..while it is possible to do so using the decocking lever on the USP and is part of the practise..it wasn't a feature of the BAP...attempting to decock a BAP with round in chamber using the trigger is hardly an approved method!
          Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

• Originally posted by hptmurphy View Post
            attempting to decock a BAP with round in chamber using the trigger is hardly an approved method!
            The manual for my Hi-Power says it is.

Granted, the Irish Hi-Power may not have been entirely the same internally.

NTM
            Driver, tracks, troops.... Drive and adjust!!

Comment

• Round in chamber...safety catch disengaged.....uncontrolled release of the hammer by using the trigger with magazine in place equals bang!

The manual for my Hi-Power says it is

Yes if you control the release of the hammer...but I reckon this was furthest from the mind of the person carrying out the action

Comment

• Oh, OK. I see where you're coming from. Solely using the trigger.

NTM
                Driver, tracks, troops.... Drive and adjust!!

Comment

• Finally fired this weekend. Nice weapon.
                  "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

• Did some training on it recently. Bit fiddly in my opnion. Fired Glock 45, Taurus 27/7, Sig 226. All nice easy and simple. But with familiarisation I suppose I can live with it
                    "The Question is not: how far you will take this? The Question is do you possess the constitution to go as far as is needed?"

Comment

• Fiddly? Your hands must be too big..

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

• Very surprised you found it fiddly although alot of people struggle with the mag release for some reason.

Comment

• Hands? Oven Gloves would be a more appropriate term.

I keep trying to change the safety lever with the first joint of my thumb, not great dexterity there. I cant bring my thumb back far enough to use the tip or side of the pad.

I guess its down to the way I hold a pistol, ala Todd Jarrett method. Thumbs along slide pointing at target, square on, arms straight. Its worked well for me over my pistol experience versus other methods so want to try and stick with it and improve on it.

Other than that, the weapons good. Again, I'll just overcome and adapt! LOL
                          "The Question is not: how far you will take this? The Question is do you possess the constitution to go as far as is needed?"

Comment

• Originally posted by ZULU View Post
                            Hands? Oven Gloves would be a more appropriate term.

Comment

• Got my hands on the USP myself there and the magazine release is a bit of an issue.

Its difficult enough to reach.
                              It is only by contemplation of the incompetent that we can appreciate the difficulties and accomplishments of the competent.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bam Bam View Post
                                Got my hands on the USP myself there and the magazine release is a bit of an issue.

Its difficult enough to reach.
                                If yu can reach the trigger you can reach the mag release and it takes less pressure then the likes of a glock or a sig but it has to be a delebrate action they way its done so no accidental dumps.

Comment

Working...
                                X