Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Living with the USP (Split from Pistol Poll)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One chapter dedicated to why you no longer need to stick your finger into the pistol.

I wonder will it reduce the casualties of guardroom roofs and floors?

How long before we begin to bemoan the demise of our beloved bap, and long for its return, as the new pistol is "only a toy, and doesn't feel like a real pistol"?

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldie fish View Post
      One chapter dedicated to why you no longer need to stick your finger into the pistol.

I wonder will it reduce the casualties of guardroom roofs and floors?
      Something tells me that not even a new manual will stop some culchie BOS demonstrating his skills to a mate in a Kilworth billet and putting one in the roof...
      Sex - Breakfast of Champions!

Comment

Don't know about that, lots of the Jackeen BOS suffered from petrol vapours growing up, so I imagine they are probally more susceptible to a moment of madness resulting in a 9mm hole in the guardroom ceiling.

Comment

lots of the Jackeen BOS ... moment of madness resulting in a 9mm hole in the guardroom ceiling.
          Dublin people using the BAP dont really have that problem and heres why

1 Because our mothers and fathers were not related prior to marriage, then our bone development grew at the normal rate

2 Our fingers as well as the rest of our bodies are in proportion

3 With our normall lenght fingers, we can insert same into the BAP

4 We dont get ND's

5 and a by product of this is- we have happy wives

dont worry about it Laoch, its not your fault and it will only take a couple of generations before you lads have normal bone lengths
          Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
          Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
          The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere***
          The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
          The best lack all conviction, while the worst
          Are full of passionate intensity.

Comment

Ah I think Pistols come easier to city slickers any way as it seems to be be the only way some of exetnded families in the smoke seem to be able to generate a living..those who can't use a psitol accurately have graduated to sub machine guns.

Those of our country breathern who have not found the joys of supermarkets tend to be more adept at hunting with rifles and tend to make up the marksman brigade in the army..rarely won competition outside of the pale......

those of us who are semi house trained tend to fire at falling platesa as its an acceptable method of keeping jackeens in the pale....and those in the wing etc are proficent at drive by shootings and house clearances..to keep there lord ships in Dail Eireann from loosing the run of them selves.....

so horses for courses...
            Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

he doesn't have too.the neigbours have plenty....

as for exercises..we only have Dubs when we need foreigners.to act as enemy..guards of honours lol.....for what? If the dignitaties come south they provide their own..as they have to respect moving out side the pale

Duties lol..last Dub in shannon was a tourist who's plane got diverted....but then again if you want to duties..try Buck House...would you like red jackest and bearskins...maybe Mary mac knacker would fancy have some red coated Dubs propping up the gates to the Aras.
              hptmurphy
              Commander in Chief
              Last edited by hptmurphy; 11 February 2007, 01:52.
              Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

Originally posted by hptmurphy View Post
                he doesn't have too.the neigbours have plenty....

as for exercise..we only have Dubs when we need foreigners.to act as enemy..guards of honours lol.....for what? If the dignitaties come south they provide their own..as they have to respect moving out side the pale

Duties lol..last Dub in shannon was a tourist who's plane got diverted....but then again if you want to duties..try Buck House...would you like red jackest and bearskins...maybe Mary mac knacker would fancy have some red coated Dubs propping up the gates to the Aras.
                I quite offended by this BTW are you PDF/RDF??

Comment

both

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

lol...offended..no sense of humour..status...been both actually so have a really good appreciation of a service mans humour..couldn't take a joke..shouldn't have joined up..suppose age has a lot to do with as well.

Not even going to offer an apology...

Comment

Originally posted by hedgehog View Post
                      Dublin people using the BAP dont really have that problem and heres why...

4 We dont get ND's...
                      You are joking, aren't you?

Comment

Pistol shooting champion

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysa50-plo48

USP firing
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3yend...elated&search=

for anyone interested. came across it
                        ZULU
                        Teuton Foot Soldier
                        Last edited by ZULU; 11 February 2007, 23:50.
                        "The Question is not: how far you will take this? The Question is do you possess the constitution to go as far as is needed?"

Comment

Got my hands on the new pistol today. Comes with a kit such as a little boxed cleaning kit,spare polymer magazine and dpm holster(protac job).Holster design is similar to old plce one we had,just wider around the trigger guard.Pistol has lumi -dots on the sights for target engagement in low light conditions.Alltogether a nice looking weapon.Feels a little top heavy though.My bn got enough of em.if each bn gets the same allotment and the regiments follow suit that still leaves an awfull lot left over.Even after you equip the cav and all the other support units there will still be plenty to play with.I wonder will the finally scale drivers and others who need them for them or will they maintain the senior officers and ncos only bullshit.:confused:

{Mod edited, quantities of ordnance held by units is strictly a topic not for discussion on this site, unless it is already in the public domain. You should know better.}
                          "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

Originally posted by apod View Post
                            Got my hands on the new pistol today. Comes with a kit such as a little boxed cleaning kit,spare polymer magazine and dpm holster(protac job).Holster design is similar to old plce one we had,just wider around the trigger guard.Pistol has lumi -dots on the sights for target engagement in low light conditions.Alltogether a nice looking weapon.Feels a little top heavy though.My bn got enough of em.if each bn gets the same allotment and the regiments follow suit that still leaves an awfull lot left over.Even after you equip the cav and all the other support units there will still be plenty to play with.I wonder will the finally scale drivers and others who need them for them or will they maintain the senior officers and ncos only bullshit.:confused:
                            I thought it felt a bit plasticly..but a HUGH Improvement on the BAP..

Comment

If you strip it down the pistol grip section weighs nothing and is plastic you your both right :D

Fully loaded the weight of the rounds counters the top heavyness. There's a fair pullup and back from the weightof the slide when it cycles.

Anyone notice if its marked P8 or USP?

Comment

Originally posted by apod View Post
                                Even after you equip the cav and all the other support units there will still be plenty to play with.
                                Do your calculations factor in the RDF as they have also been issued with them?

Comment

Working...
                                X