Do PDF hate RDF?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Groundhog View Post
    I'm sure a glowing Course Report followed him back to his unit.
    His "former" unit you mean.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Originally posted by Docman View Post

A lot of RDF camps have turned into binging sessions, fitness is non-existent, discipline and dress can be very poor and people who are not capable are given weapons. All this is "part of the culture" and "has to have a fun side to attract people". This is supposed to be an army, not a youth club. And what really gets annoys me are the people who complain and whinge that they should have this and that when they cannot be trusted to perform a basic task and cry off when any real work needs to be done.
      But enough about the officers....

Comment

Originally posted by Docman View Post
        Sometimes I hate RDF - the muppets who drag down the whole organisation -...
        There's a difference between detesting the muppets and detesting the organisation as a whole.

I hate PDF muppets but have a soft spot for the PDF.
        sigpic
        Say NO to violence against Women

Originally posted by hedgehog
        My favourite moment was when the
        Originally posted by hedgehog
        red headed old dear got a smack on her ginger head

Comment

Can you go for a run while on Recruit Camp?I like my fitness so just want to know!
          By the way,is there really a lot of drinking at the camps?I don't drink so if i keep up the fitness I should be a few steps ahead of some of the...eh...'beefier' guys!
          eroo
          I will see you in the tall grass...

Comment

Originally posted by Groundhog View Post
            Like the RDF chap last year that wasted weeks of instruction on a mortar course by turning up on the morning of the shoot and announcing he was "opting out".

Or just not turn up! What I mean is if you have a week you commit for the week but if your working or what ever they can't make you do a saturday guard when you are not on camp!
            WARNING: Consumption of alcohol may lead you to believe that ex-lovers are really dying for you to ring them at 4am!!

Comment

lads i dont know where you get the impression where theres this 'hatred' of rdf from
              to be honest we dont give ye a second thought because for the vast majority of us we have zero contact with the reserves.
              im more busy thinking of getting my hole at the weekend than fermenting hatred for fellow soldiers
              Religion is like a puddle thinking that the hole in the ground that it sits in is so perfect for it that some higher being must have created it

Comment

haha fair enough Commando69!

Comment

So general consensus is NO!

So who voted yes?? and why?
                  WARNING: Consumption of alcohol may lead you to believe that ex-lovers are really dying for you to ring them at 4am!!

Comment

Heres to killing the youth club ethos.

If only the people who propagate it could take a hint and shuffle off this part-time coil.

The only evil common from the PDF side of things is a bit of inevitable condescension. I know we are struggling to catch up after years of slide and mismanagement.

But please, please stop praising our enthusiasm!

PS: Ahoy busty redheads!
                    "It is a general popular error to imagine that loudest complainers for the public to be the most anxious for it's welfare" Edmund Burke

Comment

Originally posted by Snacker View Post
                      So general consensus is NO!

So who voted yes?? and why?
                      The results of all IMO polls remain confidential.

Comment

Vote yes

Comment

Originally posted by Goldie fish View Post
                          The results of all IMO polls remain confidential.

I was't askin you to reveal anything. just if anyone wanted to say themselves!

Comment

Originally posted by eroo View Post
                            Can you go for a run while on Recruit Camp?I like my fitness so just want to know!
                            By the way,is there really a lot of drinking at the camps?I don't drink so if i keep up the fitness I should be a few steps ahead of some of the...eh...'beefier' guys!
                            eroo
                            Yes you can go for a run on recruit camp.... but No, nothing will be organised so you have to do it yourself.

The is really a lot of drinking on RDF camps.

Since you don't know this, I assume you are a recruit and prob going to your first camp - Chances are that it will be a dry camp - no drink for recruits. Doesn't stop the instructors though.

Comment

Thanks Docman.Would have much time for a run?i.e. 1 hour/2 hours.Or would have a short gap in the schedule of the day....

Comment

Originally posted by eroo View Post
                                Thanks Docman.Would have much time for a run?i.e. 1 hour/2 hours.Or would have a short gap in the schedule of the day....
                                Hi lad the chances of that are slim to be honest, I was instructing on recruits in Bere last year and I barely got a chance to do a run.
                                The day was as follows:
                                Get up 7am(6am if you are one of the crazy girls who got up that early to put fake tan on their legs FFS)
                                Fall in for 7.20am (You'll be given a quick once over for shave,dress, boots etc)
                                Breakfast at 7:30am
                                Fall back in for 9am parade at 8:40am. (Discrepancies notede earlier will be checked for)
                                9am parade on square.
                                9am-10:30am Lessons
                                10:30-10:45 Canteen break(Your marched there and back)
                                10:45-12:30 Lessons
                                12:30-13:00 Lunch
                                13:00-13:30 Some free time get your smoke on etc.
                                13:30-17:00 lessons(you will get some 5 min breaks just to keep you awake.
                                17:00-17:30 Dinner(with 3 platoons to feed it'll be closer to 18:00)
                                17:30 -19:00 Free time(Get your stuff done for the morning)
                                19:00-21:00 Sports time(Soccer, volley ball, orienteering, hill walk etc)
                                2:00-23:59 Free time(head to the mess, ride the camp bike whatever floats your boat)
                                00:00 Bed time
                                Lifes a bitch, so be her pimp!

Comment

Working...
                                X