Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reserve Military Police

Hi all,

I was thinking of joining the reserve MP's.

I had a couple of years service in an FCA infantry unit in the early 90's but had to leave for work commitments. I have time on my hands again and thought I'd sign up and try something different this time.

Couple of quick question's

I was previously a cpl. Would it be back to recruit?

Can anybody tell me what courses are available to reserve MP's?

In general, whats the progression through the ranks like, i.e. is there much of a turnover of personnell?

No you will not retain your rank!!! Especially in the MP's. You will be booted down to recruit and have to start your training again.

The Logic for this is that if you leave for 2 years 364 days you get your rank back but if you leace for 3 years 1 day you don't.

We had an old sergeant who came back after 3 years and 3 days and our CQMS of the time would not just deduct those days and say it was just under three years.

AFAIK the MP's get to do First Aid courses, obviously the MP course, they do get corporals courses very fast compared to most other units.
    I probably am wrong, sorry about that!!!

Please PM me to correct me.

But, not if I state an opinion, only if I state something as truth!!!

I have bad opinions but I stick by them!!!

Comment

We would love to have a real soldier

Comment

I have been told several times that your chances of promotion in the MP are brilliant!

But I could be wrong,

eroo
        I will see you in the tall grass...

Comment

This link will bring you to a previous discussion on this.

Previously although you have to go back to recruit you could be fast tracked through the system. I don't know if this is still possible though.

CC after you had the real soldier what would you do.
          Without supplies no army is brave.

—Frederick the Great,

Instructions to his Generals, 1747

Comment

Originally posted by eroo View Post
            I have been told several times that your chances of promotion in the MP are brilliant!

But I could be wrong,

eroo
            They are because of the fact that you have to be above the rank of the person you are arresting most become corporals very fast but stay there a long time.
            I probably am wrong, sorry about that!!!

Please PM me to correct me.

But, not if I state an opinion, only if I state something as truth!!!

I have bad opinions but I stick by them!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Dazzler View Post
              The Logic for this is that if you leave for 2 years 364 days you get your rank back but if you leace for 3 years 1 day you don't.
              Eh no you have your rank as long as you are on the non-effective list, once you have been discharged you can't come back in at the same rank.

Comment

Thanks for the info guys, particularly the direction to the other thread, very helpful.

Obviously there was no integration when I served. Could somebody sum up how it actually works, (or doesn't!) particularly with reference to MP units?

Comment

was an MP ended up becoming a real soldier, things can be slow being an mp and when your involved at brigade level its a bit like your goin to butlins and everybody else is goin to disney land! if your still young enough go back to the infantry
                  :confused: ONCE YOU HAVE THEM BY THE BALLS , THEN YOU CAN WIN THEIR HEARTS AND MINDS ! :

Comment

A lad I know has been in the MPs for about four years now and he's still a 3*, though his attendence has gone to shit over college committments. Some MP 2*s I was talking to couldn't stop telling me about how quickly they'd make corporal and weren't best pleased when I told them about my friend.

I know about a corporal from my unit (infantry) who transfered to MPs for a bit before coming back, not sure how long he was there but I wouldn't put it beyond a year or two and he got his stripes there. So, I suppose it can vary.

Comment

Originally posted by turnouttheguard View Post
                      Thanks for the info guys, particularly the direction to the other thread, very helpful.

Obviously there was no integration when I served. Could somebody sum up how it actually works, (or doesn't!) particularly with reference to MP units?
                      AFIK what is supposed to happen is
                      You, as 3* or above commit to 42 days per year full time training. This is broken up into weeks and / or weeekends depending on your ability to commit and the availability of instructors, courses, etc. This instruction is generally done by PDF and should bring you to an advanced level.
                      The normal parade night is used to prepare for your next FT on slaught.

How it actually works or doesn't is very unit specific.

—Frederick the Great,

Comment

I assume rdf mps have to do the pnco's course to get their stripes don't they?
                        courage, endurance, mateship and sacrifice

Comment

No we do our own one however there is nothing to stop one who wishes to be a real NCo to do a PNCO Cse

Comment

No. They do their MP course (Can't remember what they call the course)

But they have to the PNCO crse to advance.

Also if they transfer to another unit ther revert to 3* unless they have completed PNCO crse.

—Frederick the Great,

Comment

Provost.
                              "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

Working...
                              X