Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No Defence Minister at the RDF Commissioning.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I see in today's paper that Willie O'Dea managed to make it to the Garda Reserve passing out ceremony yesterday.

Perhaps he is just confused as to which Reserve he is in charge of? Silly bunny!

Comment

Originally posted by Viking View Post
      I’ve just noticed from the Dept of Defence website that neither the Minister for Defence or the Minister of State at the Dept of Defence was present at the RDF commissioning ceremony last week (25 Nov 2007). Instead a junior Minister from the locality, Sean Power did the honours. Is this, rather than the spin we are usually exposed to, a truer reflection on the esteem the Government actually holds us in?
      Even more strange is that he went to the garda reserve graduation two days ago

http://www.defence.ie/WebSite.nsf/Sp...E?OpenDocument
      It was the year of fire...the year of destruction...the year we took back what was ours.
      It was the year of rebirth...the year of great sadness...the year of pain...and the year of joy.
      It was a new age...It was the end of history.
      It was the year everything changed.

Comment

he was busy that day with real officers!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mowaghead View Post
          he was busy that day with real officers!!!
          As opposed to Officers who actually work for a living?
          Everyone who's ever loved you was wrong.

Comment

Isn't a bit of a joke that a commissioning ceremony of our so called future leaders, both PDF and RDF, supposed role models for the country's youth, takes place in a sports hall in the curragh next to boarded up burned out houses. Doesn't really lend itself to the PR opportunity it could be.

Comment

Originally posted by kermit
              They are in November and January respectively. Where would you like them to be held? There are no burnt out houses near the DFPES that I have seen.
              Take another look. The GOH being inspected by the minister outside the DFPES looks on these houses. There is scope for other locations. Off the top of my head... St.Patricks Cathedral, already used by colleges and has some of Irelands military heritage inside. Not to mention a hard floor to add to the effects of the drill on the day!

Comment

Where would you like it to happen ? I agree it should be a completely public occasion - but some of the unrestricted ceremonials I've done ... protest groups tried to hijack it

Guaranteed - someone from some anti-"Insert issue here" will try and sabotage it if it's unrestricted - it's a perfect "Establishment" thing - except they don't realise we are all the one
                "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

The point stands that the place is a kip, and looks shite.

Comment

Originally posted by kermit
                    No it doesn't. That is the old School of Signals, now the HQ RDFTA and Archives DFTC.
                    On either side of the archives building there are houses that fit my example. The place is a good training establishment but not so hot for ceremonial.
                    Last edited by Gripen; 1 January 2008, 21:57.

Comment

Originally posted by Barry View Post
                      The point stands that the place is a kip, and looks shite.
                      Good to see someone putting those hours of fieldcraft observation lessons to good use.

Comment

Working...
                      X